1. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Oh pomegranate! I'm on a roll with these threads no one cares about what the pineapple should I do threads!

Started in Bera, thanks to the advice of MrTouchnGo...became a magician and now this old beta player is trying to figure out what the hell to pick. I've played both classes (kind of). My first character was a fire poison but I stopped at around level 45 and then I made a cleric that was hacked and deleted around level 55. That was a good 5 years ago. Torn between the two...very different classes and different styles of play, but I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of any Clerics/Priests and Fire/Poisons.

Stank you.

2. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Fire poison pride right here.

3. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Huh.

Bishop pride right here.

Be an attacking bishop

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I say you should go Fire/Poison, if only because people won't nag you for your buffs later on.

5. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

6. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Become a cleric! You'll never have trouble getting into a party. EVER!

7. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

but class is boring as hell. and just so you guys know, i own a bishop AND a fire mage. I prefer playing my fire mage mainly its more attacking :|
    I like magicians so i didnt go for other classes when i wanted to make an attacking main.

8. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

As far as starting in a new server does the whole "clerics make money" from the olden days thing still apply? I do like attacking and being at the forefront of everything, but at the same time the laid back lifestyle of a priest interests me...but from what I see it may be too laid back.

I'm really interested in trying something new but I'm also looking for a character with longevity. I'd hate to get bored with either one of these classes. I've been through the motions with a Fire/Poison up to about 7x (friend leveled it from 50-70) but didn't get too much experience past that. It's been far too long as a cleric so I can't really say what I think of it.

I'm essentially looking to make this character my indefinite main (At least until the high 100s).
    Last edited by Spiral; 2012-06-09 at 05:53 PM.

9. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

im not really sure, my cleric existed eons before big bang :| but ive played other classes post-bb(f/p, wind archer, evan) and i can say they dont really make millions but i dont spend millions to get up to 100+ either.

10. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Potions are exponentially cheaper in mesos now than they used to be. If you want to train a naked character, it's effectively free. If you want to solo train, f/p will kill faster than a priest, with somewhat unique mechanics. But priests usually have the option to get good exp for very little effort.

When I think about a class I'd like to make, I try to focus on whether I'll enjoy it during the period it'll spend most of its existence. It doesn't really matter if mist training is the fun reason I picked f/p if I'm only doing it a couple of days till I'm at LHC like everyone else. What matters is how much I'll enjoy 140-180, and what sets the class apart during that time. In that light, it was a clear choice for me to make a bishop, since they will actually be invited to boss runs for reasons independent of excessive funding. Which is the only reason anyone else seems to go bossing, and if that's the reason you're going apparently your class choice didn't really matter much.

11. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

why not phantom and just have both their skills?

12. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Your post pretty much made my decision for me. I spoke with a level 200 bishop as well and his description was extremely similar and pretty much ticked every box for what I was looking for in a character. I hate grinding and at high levels you can basically hang on a rope and buff and the levels you mentioned, 140-180 and beyond and really the levels where things start getting good. I really enjoy interaction amongst players so it seems like the perfect class for me.

Thanks so much for all the posts and comments!

13. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

Also another note, a lot of people dislike mist. So that would be another reason you might not get accepted into a party for training!

14. Default Re: Cleric or Fire/Poison?

i generally get accepted because of mist(explosion). huh o.o its mainly because it does alot of burst damage if used right and the party loves it however if your party is VERY strong, mist explosion becomes redundant. and just a tip, dont leave mist open unless its an area where the party is not training at, because it wont only be annoying to the rest but i(as the one who casted it) find it annoying as well, so i just depend on the initial hit to poison the mob and then immediately detonate it.