Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

It isn't exaggerated. I'm just saying just because it's easy to some doesn't mean it's easy to everyone. This is my main point that I am trying to convey over here.

How do you define hard in this category? What if it takes a person multiple attempts before understanding how to do it correctly?

I consider Pink Bean more difficult than Empress. Why? Because there is a lower time frame to attack it and it's hard for everyone to follow directions in comparison. If someone messes up with the statues, we're all going to die from seduce and 1/1 because people don't know what to do. If we manage to get to Pink Bean, there is a shorter time frame to attack than Empress. Empress' fight seems much more calming to me than Pink Bean. There aren't full map attacks that bother me or status effects that are retarded. Although the seal on Empress fights is unfair.

Where is the majority of players that can kill this so easily? Why is it that I don't see Pink Bean defeat messages more commonly than Horntail if this were the case? Why don't I see a large abundance of these things if the majority of the players can do it?

I don't think Chaos Zak and HT turned out "just fine". Chaos Zakum can be solo'd and so can Chaos Horntail. Chaos Horntail is glitched, it has no meaning of even existing because the chance of someone bypassing that glitch for drops is close to zero. Bosses in MapleStory are almost lacklustre because they offer little incentive to do in a group. Which is probably why the question above of which the supposed majority you are defending against don't do Pink Bean. There is no incentive to. The bosses of MapleStory suck.

Almost everything mentioned here has been answered above, don't wanna repeat myself.

For the sake of it, the last thing I want to say is that in order for "high level content" to be pleasing it has to be have an incentive. It has to be difficult and it has to be completed in a group setting. If a person can solo the boss then it is useless to me. Chaos Pink Bean would not be defined to me as "new content", it'd be rehashed content. If I gave you a game and later added a patch with the same exact elements but with a higher difficulty, I wouldn't consider this a new game/content, just a new difficulty setting. If this supposed Chaos Pink Bean does exist and it provides the means of attracting groups of people together to bring it down and lasts that way then it's good high level content.

2. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Would be interested to see what it would drop.
    Abyss and Fearless items and/or recipes perhaps?

I don't spend "thousands of dollars on equips," buddy.
    It's called merchanting and bossing for funds. It's quite simple. Many people on this forum do it.

3. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

yep, I have a very low NX budget so I boss for mesos.
    NX and money =/= everything we have.

anyway

you'll just have to poke me and find out c;

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

And i agree with that. What i don't agree with is the idea that PB isn't possible to be killed by any character above, say, 180 or so. Everyone in the level range PB is meant for is capable of seeing pink bean die, and in that sense, PB is not hard anymore.

Empress is on a different level because not every 190+ is capable of the same feat, because the damage output required to take her down limits the amount of soloers by an outrageous amount compared to pink bean. You NEED a group, and not every group is capable of killing her either. Any group can take down pink bean on the other hand.

You mean if someone just went straight in and had no idea what to expect at all? I doubt anyone does that, but would that make it hard? No, not really.

What i meant was that you can do research on pink bean outside the fight (like anyone would) and the tricks won't need any experience to win. There's really only 3 things you need to know. Stay out of range of the hawks, go out of range of ariel when she's wep def upped so you won't get hit, and/or only attack pink bean when you know he won't cast DR for X seconds or when he's casting a spell. Pretty simple conditions.

Fair enough. The hawks are unforgiving, but the conditions to screw the entire run over is really really simple to understand. Cross this line and we all die. That in itself isn't difficult, the difficulty is making sure the group is competent enough to understand that, which isn't a problem with the boss itself but with people.

The thing that bothers me about empress is just pot cooldown. Often you're given a choice between use an all cure and have 30 seconds to stand there with enough HP where a hit will kill you, or using a potion and being left standing there not being able to attack because of seal/potential lock. That's why pink bean is better. He'll status you a lot, but at least you can get rid of it easily enough.

1) The majority would still need to be in a group.
    2) The pre-quests are a B'ITCH.
    3) There is no profit, only achievement, maybe a little experience, and/or fun.

You know why people don't do it, you answered it below. People doing/not doing it wasn't my point. My point was that they are capable of it.

Exactly. One more reason chaos pink bean is welcome in my book. It's another boss.

Also i disagree on chaos horntail. I went on a run a few weeks ago and didn't expect any splits but i ended up getting 144m. A number that rivaled what PB used to give in splits when he dropped MW 30. Being the only boss capable of still giving that kind of money is incentive to me.

I agree. I just really hope CPB fulfills that.

5. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

jMS already has Crazy "Chaos" Akyrum. :P

6. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Von Leon too :P

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

inb4 abyss & fearless weapons we all have been waiting for.
    Too bad empress weapons are 100x easier to obtain AND better. I would still like the new fearless cape, earrings, and pendant. Sounds like it could be promising.

8. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Oh yeah, I forgot all about those 3? job IDs.

9. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

Can you solo?
    No.

It's all easy when you get a DS in the map and spam bind, right?
    Right.

>Pink bean IS hard.
    Yes sir it certainly pineappleing is.

Glad more party bossing is being implemented.

10. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

I want to see a boss with unique game mechanics; physically dodging attacks or the like. Bossing all works off values and timing. The more damage you have, the easier it is to kill, the more avoid, hp, def or status resistance you have, the easier it is to avoid death. It doesn't take skill, it takes cubing like hell until you get amazing stats, since timing DR is so easy it's a moot point.

11. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

I would like to see a Zelda role playing type character that takes on your appearance when facing it (or if in a party, 1 of the people that enter the map).
    I'd like to see it use the same skills the user uses at the same rate as well.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

I've never been a big fan of "Chaos" bosses, but it would make sense for nexon to release a chaos pink bean looking at that note. It's "new" content, but to me it's not new its just a re released boss. Resistance is exciting though.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Lol. Yeah i certainly can solo. What the f'uck do you know?

Bind can't be spammed, you filthy casual.

Yeah ok.

Agreed.

14. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

So much elitism in this thread.
    Can we just agree to disagree in the case that some things are easy for some people while they may be hard for others?

I mean really, you're getting agitated over a pink beanie baby.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

PB timers: 43sec DR timer, 20sec duration. pomegranate'S HARD, SON!

Then again, this is the player base of Maple we're talking about. The same player base that can't read numbers and can't even count correctly.
    I've had so many people kill themselves on DR, because they can't read numbers :|

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

preety sure it's 30 second DR.

17. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Why don't you just accept what you said here and stop trying to add extreme amounts of logic to defend yourself from looking wrong?. Damm, we all make mistakes, it's no big deal, accept it and move on... You niggahs derailing this thread after 2 pages

Considering the "Chaos" brought HT to a bit of a harder level than Pink Bean, we can only expect Chaos PB to be harder than Cygnus.

Now please don't let the reward be yet another set of recoloured timeless...

18. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

Pink Bean is easy, it's killing it within the time limit that's the problem.
    Timing DR just takes practice and learning how to control the statues is cakewalk.
    *when soloing, that is.

19. Default Re: Chaos Pinkbean And Resistance Revamp Coming?

even if they involve magic attacks to be the requirements, phantoms can just solo it =P

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Is it?
    I've always read it was 43 and so far it seems to hold true since PB always casts DR at the 43sec mark upon the animation being finished.