1. Default Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/vandal-behi...-arrested.html

I'm grinning emptily at this news because the tears inside dried up a long time ago.

2. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

I'm personally a fan of street artists that put real effort in their creations. None of that spray can bullpomegranate. It's sad that the law can't see the difference between those.

3. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Agree'd but when it comes to the distinction of "what is and what is not art" the line is kind of blurred. One could claim their art is "art" and not actual defacing property, but in reality it's just a cop out to do whatever the pineapple they want. And even more so I don't think that there should be a distinct line drawn by government to determine these things.

4. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Im supporting skl0. her art has message(i saw quite a few around town and it gave a few chuckles... unlike those meaningless spray paints around scape*). I like how it took the police a short period of time to catch one ARTIST but they never actually caught actual VANDALS.
    EDIT: you guys can visit her tumblr at http://skl0.tumblr.com her work went on 9gag's hot page atleast thrice.
    EDIT2: what a pleasant surprise, her tumblr was taken down.

5. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Hence "the law can't see the difference".

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

1) http://sklo.tumblr.com is up. Not sure why you type skl0 and it shows as sklo.
    2) Tumblr is not a Singaporean service, so I very strongly doubt they'd take a person's page down at the request of the Singapore authorities. If they'd even get asked to.

7. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

its my font, but her tumblr uses a zero instead of an o. and its gone :| i guess she was forced to bring it down by the authorities because she provided the images for the stickers for us to print out ourselves.

8. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Spray can stuff can still be very good. I have a friend who does "professional graffiti" with spray cans and his work is fantastic.

9. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

For a second there, I thought Banksy was arrested or something and I was going to cry.

Glad it's just someone in Singapore o-o.

10. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

I didn't see any ''art'' in the pictures in the article.

It's easy to go around slapping stickers and painting random pomegranate around town.

11. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

He's probably the only street artist I give a pomegranate about.

Art or not, you spray/paint/draw on my property, I will pineapple you up 7 ways to next week. And I will have my gun with me.

12. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Damn! I wanted to sign the petition but forgot about D:

13. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Unless we can define 'art', allowing things we find appealing and rejecting those that don't quite pass the bar would just be special pleading when they're one and the same thing. I find this a necessary evil, but I'm quite biased since I'm not that into art anyway. In my defense, street artists might just as likely take their action's illegality as a necessary evil for the creation of their art.

14. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

You can't say that
    this
    is art, and
    this
    isn't. Doesn't work like that.

15. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

Is it really that hard to separate public property into things it's ok to put art on and things it's not?

For example, painting over street signs - not okay, painting over bus shelter ads - okay. Vandalism, not ok, sidewalk chalk, ok.

16. Default Re: Online petition started against arrest of “street artist”

I always enjoyed street art. It makes up some of the culture (mostly music constitutes our culture) down here in Austin.