Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [KMST] KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

The star pet craps Lucky Charms!

Still nothing on a big summer patch? Maybe they really have run out of ideas.

2. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Oh geez. They're trying to fix everyone else BUT phantom...
    Well, for once I can't believe I'm saying this but, I don't want this in GMS.

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Lol 8x - 1x kills?

Seems pvp is still about obliterating or be obliterated. That just makes it as bad as it already was. There is no competition. Once the other team has doubled your kills, you may as well leave because you already lost.

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Eh? There's no teams, and there's no real winning or losing, wins are just your kills, and losses are when you get killed. Having lots of wins doesn't really get you anything, it's basically just free killing other players. You can afk all night getting killed and still get emblems. PvP is just for fun, really.

5. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Sorry, that score table is just the same as the current one for Team battle so I thought that was a team battle between Red and Blue and Red was beating the sh1t out of blue.

I guess that is an improvement, but it's obviously a lazy way out of the problem of having to balance classes or gameplay in PVP. Why balancing anything when you still always win no matter what you do? Sry but such thing doesn't sound appealing to me either.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2012-06-06 at 09:57 PM.

6. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Are there any pro Mechanics in KMS?

Phantom may have 90% avoid... but that doesn't help against damage reflect ;p.

I'm sure Phantoms would be suiciding into HP Mechs or Warriors since they have a 100% damage reflect now.

And even if they can use soul steal or Magic Crash, Mechanic's reflect can't really be dispelled so someone like Kizo with too much HP will be the death of many Phantoms lol.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Well a couple of aspects are wrong here. Phantom doesn't have "90%" avoid, rather it has multiple types of avoid ranging or er%, to avoid rate%, to proc dodge%.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Well, that's nice and all, but you forgot a few factors.

There's only a 25% chance to activate reflect for warriors, and then about a 3 minute cooldown between activations. And then, even if it did activate, and we're talking about Heroes with 100% Reflect, if you're going up against max damage, reflecting max damage back isn't exactly a 1HKO, especially not by the time you can do max damage (I have a bit over 1m HP at level 9x).

It's really only a possibility for mechs, since as far as I know, there's no cooldown on their reflecting, and even then it's only a 20% chance, but I guess if you hit enough times, but if they do max like 8 times a second, and you only reflect 20% of those hits, who do you think will die first?

Also, it doesn't seem HP inside PvP is based on HP outside, at least, it's not as big as a factor as other things. My DK has less HP than my Phantom inside PvP, despite having more HP outside, probably because it's a lower level.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

I'm hoping Mechs will have Satellite Safety to boost their defense (since it's turned off in PvP 1.0).

But then again... they're doing max damage to people with a couple mil HP at best...

And I thought Phantoms had very low HP by today's standards o-o.

I wonder if spamming Poison Mist and DoT everywhere is the way to kill Phantoms... Or maybe MMs since US hits 8 times now (at least 2-3 of those should hit right? <_<).

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

Well, here's my Phantom, at level 104, and my DK, at level 90, for HP comparisons.

My Phantom has about 7k 6.5k, apparently, including the +30% HP from Misfortune protection outside PvP, which translates to about 1.12m HP inside with the same buffs, while my DK has nearly 9k outside, but only 900k HP inside. Without Misfortune Protection, my phantom would probably only have 860k HP, which is still pretty close, considering the big difference outside.

I got nothing for the formula for how HP is determined, unfortunately.

11. Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

I can agree with this statement. I liked the PvP right now as it is. GMS players already had issues with 1st revamp of PvP, where 1-2 hits killed you. Now with Phantoms and this kind of PvP, we're doomed. Sure we still get emblems but getting killed with no chance of killing others first is not fun.

12. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: KMST 1.2.433 - Moar PvP

In all's fair, I want to see what the GMS Devs are going to do with phantom. Maybe the GMS devs might actually succeed from their higher ups.