IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Shadow Partner does work on the auto buff gem. @Mazz; has it on his pet, I believe.

2. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

The thing is, you don't need to add the skill to the macro in order to add it to the Auto Buff Gem. Making it dead irrelevant to the situation other than saving you a skill slot.

The reason why I made this topic is to let people know if the skills work with the Auto Buff Gem. The thing is, it's going to take awhile considering that KoC (can't confirm just yet,) Aran, Evan, Mercedes, Phantom, Dual Blade, Cannoneer, and Resistance can't share NX with eachother, so you have to buy lots of NX for most of the classes.

@Mazz have you confirm most of the Thief buff skills?

3. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Proof please.

For clarity, I mean if any of the skills I said didn't answer the questions I've put above.

4. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

What they're saying isn't that you need to have the skill on a macro to put it in the auto buff gem. The point is, if you are able to macro it, you can most likely use it with auto buff gem. The only exceptions being summons and reflect skills.

It's not about macroing the skill, it's about having the ability to macro it, and a great deal of buffs that are able to be macroed can also be assigned to the auto buff gem, so it's a good indicator of whether or not you can assign the skill to auto buff, given the few exceptions.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You don't need to put the skill in a macro in order to put it on the Gem.
    However, it is an indicator. If a skill can't go in a macro, it can't go on the Gem.
    Thus, you can know which skills don't work with the Gem, without buying all those Gems to test with.

6. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Look! You do NOT have to add the skill to the macro in order to test it to see IF it works with an Auto Buff Gem or not. What makes you THINK you do? You can add the skill to the macro AFTER you add it to the Auto Buff Gem. It's not as hard as you make it out to be.

I understand you guys are trying to help, but reading all the questions and answering them DOES NOT mean that I can 100% confirm that it works with the Auto Buff Gem (Considering that I haven't played the classes, so even with macro, I'd still be lost if it works with it.) That's something you guys need to understand better about.

Let's just drop the Macro topic as it's derailing this thread.

7. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

The macro thing does not derail the thread. The point of this thread is to figure out exactly which skills will work with Auto Buff Gem, and when push comes to shove, it's better to have a solid test that anyone can perform at any time in game, than to have to go and look it up.

It's not a step by step thing. No one is saying you have to add a skill to a macro before you add it to an auto buff gem.

To reiterate, this was never about being able to macro a skill or not, the point is, if you can macro it, you can auto buff gem it, given that it's not a summon, and it isn't a skill that reflects damage.

It's simple, easy to remember, and anyone can do it at any time, just to see if it would work or not. You check to see if you can macro it, consider the other conditions, and then you know if you can use it with Auto Buff Gem or not.

For example:

You add Power Guard to a Macro, but it's a damage reflecting skill, test concludes you can't assign it to the auto buff gem. Don't waste your money buying one for power guard.

You add Sharp Eyes to a macro. It's not a summon, it's not a damage reflecting skill, test concludes you can assign it to the auto buff gem. Go ahead and buy an auto buff gem.

8. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

That doesn't mean I can confirm if the skill works or not. Could we just drop the subject and move on? Jeez...

9. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

You're amazing @FlameChocobo;.

If there is sufficient data in your own table, I'm pretty sure you can assume the rest of it. MapleStory isn't multiple shades of grey when it comes to this stuff. It's really black and white because it's a god damn game dude. It's coded and there needs to be certain guidelines to make these things. Certain retarded exceptions exist but this would be a waste otherwise. If you're so adamant about making things "confirmed" and "not confirmed" over an item that barely gets into the game mainstream anyway then just add every skill that fits those questions in your tables as "not confimed" and let someone prove you wrong. It's faster than waiting for everyone to buy a dumb gem and submit data.

10. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

@FlameChocobo; Yeah, confirming Shadow Partner (and Dark Sight, Booster, Haste, Pickpocket, Meso Guard, Maple Warrior) works with the auto buff gem. I keep forgetting to take my pet off when I afk and it's been draining all my damn summoning rocks. Danny does have a point though.

11. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Thanks Mazz. Most of the Shadower Buffs added.

There we go, added most of the Aran, Evan, Mercedes, Phantom, Dual Blade, and Cannoneer buff skills. Keep in mind that there are skills with the icon on it. I will remove it once someone actually confirms that it does or doesn't work.

Now all I need to do is add the Resistance buff skill.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

SP works, yet other summons don't?
    Nexon Logic'd

13. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

I know, it's weird. Only use for SP on the buff is at Empress/Arkarium from my experience though, since getting turned into a pig cancels SP. Meso Guard is the best option for pretty much everything else.

Also my buff expired today. :(

14. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

I can't for the life of me figure out how this is useful except on mages that lag a lot. MG is the only "essential" skill that has to be on, technically, right? Can't think of anything else that makes you 1shotable if it's not on, aside from HB on some ranged (maybe not even those, anymore), and you can't key decent HB anyway, right?

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The difference is that other summons attack on their own, while SP only attacks when you do. Thus, it can't be used for afk hunting.

16. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Skills you get from potential (such as Decent Hyper Body, and Decent Sharp Eyes) don't work with Auto Buff as mentioned on the first post of this topic (I tested it on my Hero.) So you're probably going to have to manually rebuff when it's about to end.

17. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Meso Guard for some Shads. It's not as huge of a damage reduction but it's still like 60%.

18. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Main reason I use mine is for dispel at dojo and Von Leon, so I put my 3 auto buffs on the skills with the longest cast delay.
    Mirror image, maple warrior, and booster. Thorns is technically a longer delay than booster, but I'd rather have instant booster back than 30 attack.

19. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Oh, right. Well, that falls into the same category as Magic Guard anyway. Basically, the high damage reduction skills are the only ones that really matter, is what I'm saying.

20. Default Re: The Auto Buff Gem

Essentially. Skills with long cast animations are useful to put on there as well.