IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: New Tags

Hurray, I now have a legitimate excuse to raise my post count e-penor.

2. Default Re: New Tags

That one could easily be added in with a paramerized version;

[HIDE-REPLYAFTER=973480]This would only be visible to someone who's replied since your post[/HIDE-REPLYAFTER]

Ultimately the people who don't see a positive use for something aren't the ones who matter to a feature, the ones who do are.

3. Default Re: New Tags

Wow, now that is pretty nifty. I might write up a forum game with that later today.

4. Default Re: New Tags

You might wait for me to get around to creating it first

It's not particularly hard, just a bit tedious and my time's always at a premium lately.

5. Default Re: New Tags

Oh, I thought that function was already included in it. And after thinking a bit, it still wouldn't work for the little forum game, so it's not worth the effort unless you want to add something that encourages even more spam.

6. Default Re: New Tags

I think this is a feature that only fiel should have, he's the only one with any real benefit with it. -shrugs-

7. Default Re: New Tags

That would probably have been more sensible if you qualified it with how he has use for it when no one else does.

8. Default Re: New Tags

It forces people to register to see what southperry is known for, it's extractions, and even post. It forces them to somewhat contribute, or show existance. I just don't see many threads having that same power. It's irrelevent either way as fiel does have the feature, I just see it as a "shenanigans" only contribution.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: New Tags

Forcing people to register to see the extractions can be done other ways.
    And I, for one, wouldn't want to see extraction threads bloated with spammy posts. They are usually long enough as it is.

10. Default Re: New Tags

Why would you force people to register to see those threads? A registered user's page refresh is just as much money as a guest.

And if you wanted to force people to register to see the extractions, Eos could simply change the permissions for the extraction forum (like the shenanigans once was).

11. Default Re: New Tags

You have a severely flawed perspective. I don't know how many times I have to explain this -

I don't want people to have to register to see extractions, and Fiel sure as hell doesn't considering he gets paid on how many people look at his work.

Registered users are a burden on the system. If everyone who viewed the site had to be registered we'd need a box six times as powerful just to handle the traffic we get today - And we'd still make the exact same ad revenue that's barely enough to pay Fiel (and frankly it hasn't been enough in several months now, it's only by averaging it over the year that he's making his threshold for survivability). tldr; We literally couldn't afford to run the site if it were register only. Especially considering the number of people who'd just not bother and the scavenger sites that'd make easier to get to copy/pastes of our info to lure the lazy.

The reply tag is for socializing purposes between already registered members. It's not an encouragement for more people to register unless they already want to be social.

12. Default Re: New Tags

]

Well I didn't know all that but that's the only functional use I could see with it

Then you're looking at a shenanigan feature, I'm not sure this is in our best interest either because it creates further gaps in the already established cliques.

13. Default Re: New Tags

No, I'm looking at someone who doesn't bother reading - http://www.southperry.net/showthread...l=1#post973238

15. Default Re: New Tags

Repeating myself certainly is, but if you think these are the equivalent of the spoiler tag you have some comprehension issues.

16. Default Re: New Tags

The feature doesn't harm you if you are not using it. Why take it away or restrict it?

17. Default Re: New Tags

If you have to do 4 pages to justify a redundant change I believe it's you not getting the hint.

I don't care either way, I won't be using it -shrugs-

18. Default Re: New Tags

Four pages to explain the sky isn't falling is pretty typical for any change around here if you haven't noticed.

This site breaks down into roughly three camps when it comes to changes;

People who will support anything
    People who will whine about anything
    People who understand absolutely nothing about anything

"People who will use any excuse to post where they think people are currently looking" exists, but that's not a camp specific to changes.

You're right about one thing though - This thread has gone long enough because clearly no one has anything of value to ask or say and I'm tired of the redundant venting and whining. More incentive to stop updating the site at all though, thanks.

19. Default Re: New Tags

Note that un-hidden hidden content is now wrapped in /* */ to textually indicate where the content began/end, so you're aware of what unhid and what other people might not be able to see.

No, it's not full-proof. Or fool-proof. Nor is it at it's prettiest, out of an attempt to not blind anyone or conflict with fonts, color schemes, and the myriad options people have in blocking or changing them. But it's better than you had a week ago.