Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Posting it here for bug checking purposes. I'm only one human, can't find out everything.

Spoiler

This is an extension of this calculator except it's for every class (except Phantoms as I already have one for them). I spent a bit on it on and off.

If you want to look at the full source, you're going to have to PM me. The source is pretty big.

The debug tab lists some variables that aren't visible to the user. It's there for bug checking purposes only. Will likely be changed if I need to see any other variables eventually.
    Spoiler

b stands for Base.
    t stands for total before MW
    e stands for equip.
    Primary/Secondary/Tertiary are the total after MW and other stat enhancements.
    cleanAttack is your clean attack without buffs.
    attack is your total attack with buffs.
    Rest should be self-explanatory.

I really just want suggestions on what to add and what bugs there are on it that I could fix since I can't find out everything myself.

If you have any suggestions on what to add, please do tell me. I'll try my best to add it.
    If you have any bugs, please be as clear as possible so I know exactly how to recreate it. I'll try my best to fix it.

For any type of help if the UI itself is confusing press the little "?" button on the bottom or hover over the tooltip (if available) to understand what to do or post in this thread.

Download link
    Virus Scan
    False positive. I don't even know what that is. PM me if you want to compile it yourself/don't believe me.
    Virus Scan (Anubis)
    Functional source (No UI)

k that is all.
    Last edited by Locked; 2012-06-09 at 03:31 PM. Reason: v1.2

2. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Hooray!

3. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Requires . net framework 4 to run, just heads up for anyone with out .net fw4.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

can't get it to match my stats as a DrK.

i'll run my own calculations on my excel to see if it is a mistake of mine, but if it isn't, what would i have to look out for to give you?

5. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Just tell me input/output. Probably a screenshot of the game + output would help me more than anything.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Spoiler

done, those numbers for str/dex/attk do give me a correct range on my excel btw (2389/425/457*1.09RD)

7. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Fixed.
    Thanks.

If you're wondering I didn't calculate %attack on the unbuffed side.

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i have to redownload the whole thing i guess

edit: stuff to add: maybe a crit damage calculator? considering DrK's have a lot of base crit, and there's Decent SE

oh, and total damage %

9. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Hmm, off by a few here too =/

10. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Updated.
    Stuff changed can be found in the "?" button.

Spoiler

Gonna work on party skills/character cards next. I'll see @ShinkuDragon; 's idea.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

right off the bat i can say you're not having attack round down before being input into the formula, it's taking the value of 498.13 instead of 498.00 when calculating my range

12. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Integer division is bad. I'd rather deal with double division.

Possible solutions would probably be type casting but the way the program works kind of makes it not possible, since attack is a method under the class Job. Either way the end result ends up being the same so it isn't exactly much of a problem unless the decimals bug you. Plus, I found out today while testing to fix the bug that attack seems to round up for whatever reason >_>

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

well, it makes it different, my range is 51843~74061, calculator displays 51857~74081, which isn't much, but still, i like calculations perfect ._.

i don't know much (read: anything) of coding, so i have no clue how difficult it would be to fix, but it's something.

i could always run with other polearms to bugtest i guess, but eeh, just my nature of "it must work perfectly in every scenario"

14. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

I don't think it'll be difficult to fix. This is how the program's code looks like, well without the UI elements or other pop up windows but still essentially how it runs.

It's just surprisingly annoying to get it precise. When I tested it on my mercedes it was a +/- 1 error, which I figured is good enough but you're giving me a somewhat larger margin. Besides, I enjoy bug catching as it gives me something to do and is ultimately the reason I even posted this.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

allright, will use a different PA in the meantime then, see if i catch any other small things with my DrK then

16. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Working perfect for my f/p, it would be lovely to have a save option; I don't see an option to input total damage %.

17. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

It's slightly off for Viper.

The mastery seems a little off and I'm a little confused about the buffed range. I don't think my buffed range has ever reached those specific numbers. With Dice 5, I reach somewhere around 74k and with two Dice 5, I reach 87k.

Edit : I didn't get to say this earlier, since I was rushed for time, but my mob damage and boss damage, assuming that's individual damage done to bosses with Fist Enrage, is WAY too high. I don't do anywhere near that. In reality, I do anywhere between 60 ~ 200k per hit on regular mobs and 100k ~ 330k per hit on bosses.
    Last edited by Link; 2012-06-09 at 09:12 AM.

18. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

Update (v1.2)
    Bugfix:
    -Rounding error with unbuffed range.
    -Rounding error with stats
    -Viperisation %attack was set at 115% rather than 15%
    Added:
    -Dice roll for pirates.
    -Party skills
    -Decent skills
    -Weapon/magic attack pots

To be added:
    Character Cards..

For Total Damage%, just add it onto Boss Damage because they're additive. A tooltip was added in case you're confused.

Download link

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

ok, the variation between my actual clean stats and the calculator is minimal (+2 points min, +4 points max) haven't tested with %attack.

for some reason, even having all my skills at zero, my buffed range is much higher than my unbuffed

47620~68029
    to
    49926~71323

what causes this increase?

20. Default Re: Post-Justice MapleStory Calculator.

When you tick your class, it provides all the skills added from 1st-3rd job. For Dark Knight this would be the 60 STR from Dragon Blood, for example.