IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

Well, I guess that is sorta fair. But I've been using the same laptop since Big Bang and I'm suddenly having town lag since v110.
    To be honest, I don't quite understand the negativity. At least they're fixing the small things. Who knows they could be working
    on..the [chuckles] big...[laughs] stuff. Nah. But it's better than nothing.

2. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

Are you expecting them to run a mile a minute after the slow crawl that they've been in in years? And, I must reiterate, that Nexon America does NO programming or fixing bugs. Do you not know that Korea handles all of the actual bugs?

I think people need to stop expecting so highly of Nexon and then whining because of the low-quality bugfixing that we're all used to. Yeah, Nexon is getting better, but that's no reason to expect them to fix EVERYTHING right away.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Exactly what I was thinking.

Minor bug fixes > no bug fixes (which is what they've pretty much been doing, unfortunately) at all.

4. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

This.

Keep in mind, people, they said a "month to exterminating as many bugs as (they) can".
    So, giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they didn't mean May, this is only the first round.

Should be common sense that bigger bugs are going to take more time to fix.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Do you not know that these changes were done in Korea as well?
    If they were done in America, they'll be gone in the next copy-pasta patch.
    NexonAM whined to Mama Nexon that they need to fix bugs to make the game playable to stop players quitting, so they got assigned the rawest recruit who needed to learn how to use the development environment anyway. That's hardly progress and this person will not be solving any real bugs anytime soon.

Except they've gotten no better there. They've been doing this level of bugfixing all along. Just last maintenance they fixed a bunch of PQ's, without hyping it so much.
    I can't remember which update it was (where's that Timeline when you need it?) when they updated a lot of text in the game, and summed it all up in a single bullet of "many NPC's received English lessons". They didn't make a bullet for each one, like here, to make it seem like they fixed dozens of bugs.

I realize it's too much to expect something as game-shattering as the closing of MTS, but when a lot of known bugs and problems aren't even on their "known issues" list... it's sad.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon

The formal requirements for running MapleStory haven't changed, yet my computer that ran it fine two years ago now has town lag and disconnects at HT. I used to have Maple running sc to sc, now I must restart it every day or it crashes on its own when it has eaten up the entire paging space.
    It's not the fault of my computer, it's Nexon's programming. Town lag can be fixed by making the NPC querying loop, or whatever it is that makes Cassandra/Gaga/MapleAdmin claim so much CPU, a little less intensive. And graphic memory leaks are definitely not my computer's fault.

7. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Looking on a fix of mount lag.

8. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

When did it become okay to present hypothetical scenarios as historically accurate?

Yes, most of these bug fixes probably came from Korea, but that's the only thing in that entire paragraph that rings true.
    You seem to fail in comprehending that Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Korea.
    That makes it a wounded limb, not a spoiled child.

So, it's very unlikely that Nexon America did any "whining" to Nexon Korea.
    On the contrary, evidence indicates that the main office decided to finally intervene after Nexon America had a couple of financial quarters that failed to reach expectations.
    That's the reason people got canned earlier this year.
    That's the reason new executives were put in place.
    That's the reason all of these changes are being brought forth.

Nexon Korea isn't simply doing a kindness by deciding to fix up all the horrible holes they've disgracefully left in GMS.
    Ultimately, GMS' success is Nexon Korea's success.

9. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

This Nexon Korea-Nexon America bug-fixing discussion reminds me that in the KMS version of the current Maple Idol Star (or whatever) event, quests can be fulfilled without going back to Rising Star Hall via the little icon on the left of the screen. Why we didn't and still haven't gotten this is annoying, to say the least, especially when I'm at ToT or Future Ereve finishing these quests.

10. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

Need more of this...

But they only mentioned Horntail because it's definitely getting fixed in Justice....

I'm waiting for a fat list of known issues... because then I know they'll be working on it.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

inb4 instatiation doesn't fix it, maybe even makes it worse.

12. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

Already expecting Instanced + 30 people per channel issue here... 30 slots full in 5 - 10 mins

13. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

I lol'd when I read this:
    They know about this since about 1.5-2 years ago. First time they acknowledge it. Now they make the impression that they're going to fix it themselfs, however my guess is that they will ctrl+c and ctrl+v KMS' code when boss-dungeons are released. So they really didn't fix it themselfs.

14. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

There is no difference between themselves and Korea in this regard though. Korea fix every issue that GMS might have, but only if they deem in need of fixing.
    People credit way too much power to the US branch. They can do nothing more than send in requests. Of course, Korea can't fix issues unless they get reports of issues.

15. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

Most of the fixes are typos, but at least they started on the track. Now to see if they stay on track for the rest of the month.

16. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

The problem is the way the notices words this is that this is not a patch its a server check. You really can only do so much without a patch. The fact they're presenting bugs now in this format is a big step forward. Ontop of that the seem to be answering to more bug posts on the forums. For all we know "known issues" doesn't mean the only issues they know about it could simply mean the issues they are working on fixing up right now. Peaople jump the gun way too quickly whenever nexon says they're going to or not do something.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

It's the patch. They are calling it a "scheduled maintenance" but at the same time saying that
    Can't version-up without a patch.

18. Default Re: Bug Extermination Report - 6/1/2012

I thought they were waiting to "fix" it when instancing arrives. :l
    Well, at least they're attempting to do something. meh..