Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Strawmen should probably be kept to scaring crows and not in place of a valid argument.
    Or maybe you just failed to understand fodjgngf despite being able to highlight the point.

With the exception of Dits and their oddities, every single class, since the dawn of Maple, has used one of four stat pairs.
    fodjgngf pointed out two, being int/luk and dex/str, and the other two are str/dex and luk/dex.
    In addition, m.atk has only ever been used for int/luk users with w.atk being used by all the rest.

That leaves even more combinations for which brand new equipment would be required, meaning that everyone, including all of those crazies who will empty their wallets for max damage, would have to start from scratch.

Well, to be fair, it would also require Nexon to churn out a entire set of equips for every new class with any stat variation.
    That's a lot of sprite work, though still probably less than real content.

I'm actually surprised that they released Mikhail as the attractively over-powered beast that he is without doing anything to make him a possible cash-cow.
    I mean, sure, you can cube the shield like Demon Slayers, but there was no reason to have to cube a weapon.

That'd meaning finally throwing away any pretensions that Wizet knows how to create a reasonable stat system, so, sure. Why not?

Of course, choosing to make all stats equal would actually cut into cube profits since any %-stat would be just as good as another.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

The latter. Unfortunately, I completely missed that.

Dual Bladers as well.

Indy!

3. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

True enough. I forget about them, somehow.

4. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Does anyone know what to hunt when you're beyond the level of every mob in the game for those +21/-11 Level quests? I sort of want the badge on my level 200.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Any level 151+ mobs should be fine.
    Last edited by MrTouchnGo; 2012-05-31 at 01:53 AM. Reason: 151+, not 150

6. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

The drop reduction system doesn't apply to bosses or monsters 150 and above. Not actually sure if that's inclusive or exclusive of 150, but, generally, it just means I run around the Temple of Time.

7. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

If it's that kind of event quest, 151+ mobs drop it for anyone above 150.

8. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

It adds both wep/magic atk, pretty weird along with the stats its either nexon being nexon or the class may use everything. But then again there is another example of a failed concept, warrior only trumpet with mg atk

9. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

I'd go with Nexon being Nexon until we have more to go on.

As far as I know, an item adding both w.atk and m.atk for just one class is a unique property, but the Devil Horns and the Elven Tiara add an extra +5 all stats when worn by a Demon Slayer or Mercedes, respectively.

10. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

That's only the listed fixes. Who knows what clean up job they will do as far as duped stuff goes.

11. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

So 13th for Justice Revamp?
    Nothing on world mergers.. Paully is sad..

12. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Not that great of a Badge but hey, it's permanent. Requiring Sharing Tags just to move the belt and the badge to the Bounty Hunter class we are getting sucks though. Maybe the instructor will be Lita Lawless .

Gonna work on getting the badge for all my characters, Maple Bandanna Blue, and the 3000-Day medal.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Lita Lawless makes sense.
    But the whole concept of a Bounty Hunter class doesn't really. What, they don't kill mobs unless they get paid for it?

14. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

It's probably going to fall more in line with a "Sheriff" theme. Lita Lawless was a bounty hunter-turned-sheriff of NLC and she'll probably instill into our newly born Bounty Hunters, the same values of protection of the weak, blah-blah, and something else along those lines.

15. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Since when did the classes make any sense to begin with? As a thief I have yet to actually steal anything in my 6-7 year long career.

16. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

ToT regret+ or anywhere in FE.

17. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

To be fair I thought they said they would give some info about world merges next week? At least thats what was said on the forums.. As for this patch, I'm actually going to like this. cant wait to go back to the old maple and get those items ive always wanted (oh yeah that means you Frozen tuna !!)

18. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Now this puts the idea in my head... What if the new class is tied with NLC? Maybe we are getting an exclusive class that goes along with our (briefly) exclusive content? Lita Lawless would be a good bounty hunter job instructor...

19. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

I think it's gonna be the 26th..

Yes, I'll take Lita as my instructor.

20. Default Re: v.111 - Maple Class Reunion Update Notes

Lots of hate for this patch I'm pretty excited for it, and I can't wait to see what the Bounty Hunter stuff leads to. Looking forward to being able to get some of the low level Maple weapons again too.