Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Warrior] Dragon knight skills

1. Default Re: Dragon knight skills

see told you they were basically the same... lol But really. Thanks again for the help. lvl 79 now. and that advice of if your not using fury your not training right. is dam true.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Dragon knight skills

range-wise... maybe, damage-wise... seems you know the answer by experience now.

3. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

@ShinkuDragon Why is the GIF image reversed?

Anyways, I prefer Fury to Buster as a DrK as Fury handles more than 3 mobs in front of you better than Buster IMO.

About Dragon Roar, It's much more useful than I thought it was upon using it. Considering that there are training spots that I mainly use Shout on my Hero (Mr. Allis, Captains, etc.) Dragon Roar will have good use there. Dragon Roar isn't as spammable as Shout is considering that it has a cooldown, but it's meant to weaken mobs to help you train faster.

Speaking of map layouts that favor AoE skills such as Shout and Dragon Roar, Mr. Allis have the familiar that actually heals 15% of your HP and MP every 10 seconds which will compensate the HP consumption on Dragon Roar that is level 15 and above. I would probably consider maxing Dragon Roar as you don't need to worry about wasting HP potions if you have a Familiar with you.

4. Donator Straight Male
    panama

in my opinion, it's easier to measure distance from left to right, so that's why i did it. easy enough to flip if you want to.
    roar has a much larger area vs Shout no?
    believe me, wisdom's heal is so massive, you won't even have to pot.

5. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

Case and point. Even though I love using Shout, I still think Dragon Roar's superior. Though, Dragon Roar will lose its uses considering that you can instant kill using Dark Impale (The same damage as Brave Slash) as a DarK when solo training (which is if you deal enough damage to instant kill.) I wish the normal mobs would have more HP, that way I can rush 'n attack without having like 0 mobs in front of me if I kill them (which I don't have to worry since I have Dash Jump.)

With a familiar that heals good amount of HP, I agree. Other than that, you'll still use HP potions, just not as much.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

D-roar loses a lot of usefulness for 4th job training, since you'll be sitting in LHC, it becomes more of a secondary skill to clean the screen in bosses/farming to prevent you from climbing ropes and stuff.

7. Default Re: Dragon knight skills

Yeah I haven't used a hp potion since lvl 71. But I must say the stun on dragon's Roar is a pain. Im not strong enough to 1hit everything with a single cast so I have to lure mobs together before I can roar (at mp3) or else im stuck not Furying 8 mobs at a time.

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

eventually it should ohko. s it maxed yet?

9. Default Re: Dragon knight skills

Yeah I max it. currently lvl 98. I have blood maxed as well. I can OHKO occonally but thats only on a high end crit. normally it'll hit around 30k damage.

10. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

The thing is, I probably won't be at LHC as much as I barely have any friends that want to LHC. The only purpose I'll go to LHC for is the quest line so that I can fight Van Leon, which is frustrating since the only area people train on are Crockies.