IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

Default The Life of David Gale Quote

"What it means to be fully human is to strive to live by ideas and ideals
    And not to measure your life by what you've attained in terms of your desires but
    Those small moments of integrity, compassion, rationality... because in the end, the only way that we can measure the significance of our own lives
    Is by valuing the lives of others
    Fantasies have to be unrealistic
    Because the moment, the second that you get what you seek, you don't, you can't want it anymore.
    In order to exist, desire must have its objects perpetually absent
    It's not the 'it' that you want, its the fantasy of 'it'
    We are only truly happy when daydreaming about future happiness.
    This is why we say: the hunt is sweeter than the kill, or: be careful what you wish for - not because you'll get it: because you're doomed not to want it once you do
    Living by your wants will never make you happy."

What do you guys think of this quote? It's from a movie.

2. Default Re: The Life of David Gale Quote

This letter tells a story about power and politics and propaganda, about the tension between respectable, hardworking people and ethically bankrupt luftmenschen like David Gale. It is a story about David's efforts to misdirect our efforts into fighting each other rather than into understanding the nature and endurance of peccable Zendicism. For the sake of review, the earth presents a wonderful example of variety in all classes of the animal and vegetable kingdoms. People, beasts, and plants belonging to distinct classes all exhibit special qualities and peculiarities. Unfortunately, David's special quality is that he insists that everything is happy and fine and good. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands he perpetrates.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, but David's primary motivation is self-enrichment at our expense. But you knew that already. So let me add that I am not concerned with rumors or hearsay about David. I am interested only in ascertained facts attested by published documents and in these primarily as an illustration that David has a natural talent for complaining. He can find any aspect of life and whine about it for hours upon hours.

I don't know what sort of abuse David was subjected to as a child that made him such a hopeless scamp, but I do know that he likes to cite poll results that "prove" that those of us who oppose him would rather run than fight. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that there's only one true drama queen around here, and David is the one wearing the crown. His policy of smearing and defaming me must not go unchallenged. To leave it unchallenged is to condone David's grandiose plans for world hegemony, plans in which no one is free to say that David's lapdogs have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times—stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize David's irritating beliefs. It is honestly not a pretty sight. Let me conclude by expressing the hope that by reading this letter you have learned the life lesson, "Always reach the broadest possible audience with the message that David Gale should have been removed from the gene pool before he had a chance to contaminate it."