Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

Just felt that the damage reflect timing for Empress Cygnus is kinda haphazard.

Its like its damage reflect timing is different when soloing, with a max party of 18 people.

Hope some of the regulars can enlighten on the timing for damage reflect.

2. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

That's because it is.

When you attack her solo, she casts reflect as defined in the game files, roughly 80 seconds from the last cast, but when attacking as a group, she can pretty much reflect whenever the hell she feels like, sometimes spamming in rapid succession, with no rhyme or reason, making it impossible to time. We've chalked this up to just her being glitched.

3. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

then how do u all kill her in a squad setting?

4. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

Well, for attacking her, usually we just use Demon Slayer's Binding Darkness, and then cast Magic Crash after Bind is over and only attack while either of those skills is up. She's somewhat impossible to kill, but the running theory is that you have to just keep attacking until she stops healing, and she seems to do it about 60 times, which adds about 50b HP.

5. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

this. sometimes I would watch emp videos before going in, and she reflects whenever she wants to with no pattern at all

you just have to watch her animations, or else EVERYONE pays for it.
    right now it seems to be best to wait until she IS fixed (Dual Blade revamp?). it's random if she will DR like a madwoman or rarely at all. our group watches her between bind/crash CD.

edit: okay sorry xd
    Last edited by Pink Bean; 2012-05-26 at 04:58 PM.

6. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

Pretty sure the DR attack is full map, and it should always target whoever has the lowest HP first (aside from Binding Darkness, I think that kills everyone in the map immediately on DR providing they have less than 50k HP), but other than that yeah you're right.

7. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

It IS full map.
    When hackers summoned an empress in henesys, I remember people taking 50ks on the other end of the map by idiots who didn't understand how DR worked for empress.

8. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

Also vouching for this.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

and i vouch it going by current HP, was real fun ohkoing everyone in henesys when they got too... retarded to undersand to stop attacking.

binding darkness only kills one person, why would it kill more than one?

10. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

I was getting hit by it on the entire opposite side of Henesys. I had around 9.4k HP at the time and I'm sure that wasn't the lowest there.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

lowest alive, you underestimate the amounts of nubs attacking empress.

and i don't mean buzzcut mesosplz nubs, but level 180+ warriors with 30k hp

12. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

ah, I was just confused since one time I didn't get hit by it when my squad was
    I think I had the most HP, and she was hit only a few times leaving me alone.

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yea, in my runs, the death order is always this:

female demon slayer, male demon slayer, and i stay surviving.

one time we brought a washed mercedes with more HP than the DS's, while testing stuff empress used reflect, all three of them died due to hurricane, leaving me alone.

in the mass runs i go, bishops and thieves are the ones that always die first. it's 100% guaranteed to be based on remaining HP among the surviving members, and from what i got from hurricane (it was only one instance though) low-HP classes can't kill people with high HP (say the mercedes and me are in a party, the merc does 2 shots of hurricane, both get reflected, one would hit her, the other one would not get reflected)

14. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

If I'm reading that right, a non-attacking Bishop with the most HP in the party could just resurrect everybody and never die from DR?

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

correct, assumming everyone dies clumped together.

16. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

In our runs, I always kill @MoldyBunny ;_;

I didn't realize Damage Reflect was such a big problem, but I guess everyone doesn't have Crash and/or Bind readily available.

But, you can try attacking her while she's doing other things, she can't cast damage reflect in the middle of using an attack, after all, but in a huge group, I'm not sure everyone would be able to do that without someone slipping up and hitting her during damage reflect. It's risky, but it works.

17. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

Was on a run when a DS used Bind on DR and everyone in the map died, but there was also a Mercedes so presumably she (I'm looking at you @MapleCookie;) was attacking at the same time, my bad.

Yep, that's pretty much what I'd been building my Bishop around. Hopefully I'll get an AP reset with Justice and will actually be able to make it happen xD

18. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

I guess that would make sense since I'm the first to die from DR when I bring a few people from my guild.

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yea, i can vouch, in the rare instances where bind hits reflect, only one person dies, best seen at the henesys mishap.

20. Default Re: The timing sequence for Damage Reflect for Empress Cygnus.

What's the minimal int/matk for Heal to be useful? I could probably stand to reset my Bishop's AP and dump most of it into HP now, it's 170 anyway, doesn't need more than the current over 20k HB-less MP.