1. Default I have no idea about maplestory bosses

Hello. My questions pertain to the big Maplestory bosses, because hte only thing I know about is Zak, Pap, and Pianus.

Von Leon
    How can I fight him? (are there prequests, etc)
    Is he soloable? If so, what level and how much % main stat do you need?
    What are his mechanics and abilities?
    Is he bugged, or can you actually kill him?
    Why do people kill him? (equips, prestige, w/e)
    Is there anything special I should know if I get the opportunity to fight him?

Empress
    How can I fight her?
    What level do you have to be and how much % main stat do you need to solo the instructors?
    What are her mechanics and abilities?
    Is she bugged, or can you actually kill her?
    Is there anything special I should know if I get the opportunity to fight her?

Chaos Zakum
    How can I fight him?

Horned Tail
    How can I fight him, what are the prequests?
    Ive also heard something about a list after a server check to fight him? Could someone elaborate please?

Chaos Horned Tail
    Same questions from regular Horned Tail.

Pink Bean
    What do I have to do to fight him, what prequests do I have to do?

Frog Prince (Castellan)
    What do I have to do to fight him?

Thank you very much. Some of these questions might sound really stupid, but Im fairly ignorant in regards to anything boss-related in maplestory.

2. Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

I can answer Castellan :

To fight him you just have to go to his map. He spawns naturally. You do have to go through a jump quest to get there, though.

He's soloable. He is level 180, but you can solo it as long as you can hit him frequently. He has 1070m HP, total, though.

He is currently broken. He does not attack. He uses super magic defense sometimes. He has two forms, the first form has 620m HP and the second form (the frog) has 450m HP.

He drops one of the elemental wands rarely, I think, but people don't generally kill him as far as I'm aware.

3. Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

Which world are you in?
    In more deserted ones most of these bosses become incredibly difficult.
    Parties are needed for CHT (need at least 6, or he won't drop anything), PB, and Czak.
    HT you can solo eventually.
    CHT, HT, and Empress are bugged.
    For the HTs and Czak you need to worry about seduce.
    To solo HT, as an Evan you need a ~50k range. My friend was able to solo Czak in about 30 minutes as an aran when his range was ~130k
    That's all the hodge podge information that comes to mind at the moment.

4. Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

Von Leon: You need to do a chain of annoying prequests now (200 each of Crocky, Reindeer, and Bearwolf etcs) - note you don't need to do 222 Vultures, unless you want to fight Ani too. Per fight, you need to collect an item from Castle Golems, but it's about a 1 in 5 droprate, not bad at all.
    You can solo him but you need an expedition of 6 to enter. About 50-80% main stat should be enough - needs to be a class with a strong single target skill. The only Shadowers I've seen solo had 200% so they may have some issue I don't know about. Paladins in particular can do it with about a 20k range.
    He can warp you out of the map (you then need to hit chests until you find a key), nullify potential, damage reflect (one of the only bosses who telegraphs this - his hand does a purple animation first), and he summons Mini Castle Golems - if you don't kill them, he heals 10 million HP by consuming them. Most people avoid this by letting him summon other mobs and not killing those (thus needing strong single target attack). Oh, and his map has pot cooldown, so you need to be a class who can survive 20 seconds without pots. Damage reflect is his only attack that does huge damage (~20k) the rest are 2-3k.
    He's got a bug where the game crashes fairly frequently around the 20 minute mark - push him and his mobs to the far left to mostly avoid it.
    People kill for fun, the Von Leon equips aren't that valuable. They do give some Charm though.

You don't need wheels because if you die (losing 1% exp) you end up in a lobby map where you can rebuff and go in to fight more. I think that about covers it.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

I thought it was 12.

Also, you have to wait an hour (?) after entrance before killing the final body part or you won't get dropped.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

CHT needs 10-12 for drops, and you need to wait until the hour marker upon entering the main cave/main body summon.

7. Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

Chaos Zakum
    How can I fight him?
    He's available as soon as you finish the prequests for Normal Zakum (get permission from 3rd job instructor, Dead Mines PQ, Zakum Jump Quest, turning in 30 gold teeth). His channel is on ch11 and you need to be lvl100 minimum to enter.

Is he soloable? If so, what level and how much % main stat do you need? Generally, he isn't really soloable unless you can kill each body in under a minute. You probably need a 50k range minimum to be able to kill him fast enough unless you're a Paladin or an avoid god.

He does everything that normal Zakum does except with a couple new tricks: Zombify, Reverse Controls, lock controls, Seduce, and Potion Lock.

You can kill him; he's never been glitched in a negative or impeding way (only in beneficial ways)

CZak helmets are a nice profit. Theoretical example: Buy PSoK for 200mil, get a CZak Helmet, sell helmet for 250mil-300mil, buy PSoK for 200mil, and so on.

Bishops should never heal or be spamming heal because of Zombify. Seduce is super dangerous because Seduce + 1/1 will kill anyone that isn't a Paladin. Potion lock + 1/1 is also deadly. Demon Slayers are always recommended on runs because they're fairly resistant to Seduce and they can save the party by locking CZak and attack him with Leech Aura on.

-

Horned Tail
    How can I fight him, what are the prequests?
    You first go outside of Horntail's cave and find Moira. She asks you to get ingredients for a transform potion that will let you get past the guard. The potions requires random drops, a Cornian Dagger, and Manon's Cry. Pieces of the Cornian Dagger is found by (surprise!) Cornians and you have to take it to the blacksmith in Leafre to fix it. It requires 1 Steel Plate and 1 Mithril Plate. You find Manon's Cry from (surprise again!) Manon. Manon drops multiple Cries at once so generally you should announce that Cries are available in x channel so that your guildies can get them if that didn't already.

Once you have all the ingredients, you turn them all in to turn into a Cornian for a short time. Keep in mind that as soon as you turn the quest in, you automatically transform... meaning that you shouldn't complete the quest until you're absolutely ready to fight Horntail. Also keep in mind that you have to do this fetch quest for the monster transform every single time you want to fight Horntail... so if you're a regular runner, keep stacks of Mithril and Steel plates and always scout for Manon any chance you get.

Once you get past the guard, you enter the first room. This has the schedule and the PQ NPC. In order to get into the Expedition sign up to be able to fight Horntail, you must complete the PQ, you must have the Badge of the Squad, or your expedition leader has the Badge of the Squad.

You can look up how you do the PQ but I believe you need 5-6 active members to do it. This also means they all have to complete the transform potion prequest so make sure everyone has their Manon Cries... If you don't have the Badge of the Squad, you have to do this PQ every single time you want to fight Horntail.

If you do, however, have the Squad badge, you can skip the PQ. In order to get the Badge of the Squad, you must complete the PQ at least once and get the 3 marks. You must also get the 3 proofs that drop from Papulatus, Zakum, and Pianus. Papulatus and Zakum are easy and just takes some time but Pianus is going to drive you nuts if you're in a super populated server. Once you have all 6 items, you turn them in to get the Squad medal which lets you skip the Horntail PQ.

If you're really lazy or you have regular runners, you can just simply join an expedition of someone who already has the badge. This means as long as at least 1 person has the badge, everyone in the expedition can skip the PQ.

Yes, he's soloable. If you're a squishy class, however, you might need a 100k range in order to reliably solo him. He seduces + 1/1s so unless you have Hero's Will or you're a Paladin, it's going to take some luck if he catches you on the spot and you can't kill him fast enough.

Once you kill the feet, tail, and right arm, there's not much else to worry about other than mass seduce. The heads can Dispel and the wings heal iirc. The right arm (iirc) seduces and does status effects so be sure to kill that first. The feet and tail do a ton of touch damage so be sure to kill those next.

Yes, I think it's almost 2 years since he's been bugged. I think the specifics of it was that we adopted MSEA's ticket system pre-BB and it screwed up how HT was normally played... and it hasn't been fixed since. He doesn't drop anything in the 1st hour of fighting the final form so I guess that should be addressed.

Horntail Pendants for a SoK. The actual pendant is worthless but it's a neat way to change your SoK into meso... The Leafre Codec set is definitely one of the biggest reasons.

Get Hero's Will and make sure you do the prequests beforehand. If you don't get on the second the servers get back up, don't worry because the lists don't fill up if people take forever killing them. And why will people take forever killing HT? Because to get drops, you have to wait 1 hour before killing HT.

I've also heard something about a list after a server check to fight him? Could someone elaborate please?
    As it is now, there's are 2 lists, ch8 and ch9. After a maintenance, server check, or patch, the list resets and the expedition is open to everyone. You can go on the expedition is as many people as you want and make multiple parties or whatever. When your expedition gets in, you get a HT ticket and you get to fight HT. Keep in mind that in order to sign in, you have to actually enter and fight HT. This means that you'll probably be waiting a while to actually get in if someone inside is taking forever. However, as soon as 30 different people fight HT on that channel, the sign ups glitch and anyone who talks to the schedule or w/e will crash. However, the 30 people on the list can make their own expedition, have mules, and sign up normally, but they can only solo. This is what you hear about "getting on the list": once you get in once and get the ticket, you get to HT (alone) as much as you want until the next server check, maintenance, or patch.

-

Pink Bean
    What do I have to do to fight him, what prequests do I have to do?
    The "prequests" is a long chain of ToT quests where it plays out like this:
    1) Kill 999 enemies in room 1.
    2) Kill 999 enemies in room 2.
    3) Kill 999 enemies in room 3.
    4) Kill 999 enemies in room 4.
    5) Do a random, out-of-the-way quest.
    6) Kill Boss.
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 (with the same enemies but palette-swapped) while pulling your hair out.

Sell Timeless junk, Pink Bean card, and the Pink Bean slayer. 500 Ambition in 1 go so you can double your daily Ambition through PB.

-

Frog Prince (Castellan)
    What do I have to do to fight him?
    You have to go to Ninja Castle and traverse the maze of maps until you get into the end. Doing it without a guide will take you hours.

After you get to the end, you'll have to do a pretty brutal jump quest but thankfully saves as you go. There is actually a sure-fire way to get past each stage (even the final one) but it's somewhat simpler to just rambo it and try to get lucky.

Yeah, he's a joke. You don't really need a high range or anything... just need to be able to survive. He's lvl180 though... so you might need to grind a bit to his level if you want to hit anything.

He has massive touch damage but he doesn't move... so no reason to touch him. He does mob spells that can't be dodged and he occasionally casts super MDEF (not WATK).

He's not bugged in a negative way; he's glitched so that he does nothing except self-buff.

The Castellan card. Also leech exp. If you bring a low level friend to leech, do the following:

1) Have your friend whack Castellan with a familiar.
    2) Kill 1st form.
    3) Your friend should have leveled and have 99.99% exp. Finish an event quest or summon a sack to get 1 exp to level.
    4) Whack 2nd form with familiar.
    5) Kill 2nd form.

There you go, easy 4 levels. He gives like 8-10mil exp per form.

Don't backtrack. You'll lose all that agonizing progress if you backtrack. Also, he has a 48 hour spawn time. If you know anyone who killed Castallen, make sure you note the time and come back in 2 days.
    Last edited by Sephie; 2012-07-31 at 09:22 PM.

8. Default Re: I have no idea about maplestory bosses

TY for the information, everyone.