1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default LoL The Champions Spring 2012 - Grand Finals (Korean LoL Tourney)

Had the opportunity to watch the grand finals of the LoL The Champions tourney early this morning, featuring sister teams going against each other: MiG Frost vs MiG Blaze

I didn't see Game 1, but was able to see most of Game 2 and all of Game 3. If you guys want to see replays of the tourney, it should be on own3d.tv. To see snippets of what was going on during the grand finals, see this discussion in LoL GD forums.

Sadly, I was not able to see the Korean-language stream. Yes, I wanted to hear the Korean commentary because those commentaries are too gud

Game 2: MiG Blaze was up one game to none. Early game, it looked like Frost would make a strong showing and perhaps tie the series at 1 apiece. MiG Frost's Locodoco - on Varus - sniped for a FB and came back with a BF sword. And early game, Frost had the edge over Blaze.

However, during mid game, things started turning around in favor of MiG Blaze. FantasyStar - on Jax - was up 3-0 by end of the laning phase, was relatively fed at that point, farm and kill wise. During teamfights, Jax absolutely went to town, sticking on Varus first, as he was the primary source of damage for Frost. Once FantasyStar assassinated Locodoco, Frost team began to fall apart because they basically lost their primary source of DPS, and could not handle the teamfight by themselves.

MiG Blaze takes Game 2, and they are up 2-0.

Game 3: Pivotal game for MiG Frost; if they lost this game, the grand finals series is over and MiG Blaze would be crowned the champions. Early game, MiG Blaze sneaks up on members of MiG Frost camping their own blue, catches Frost's Soraka out of guard, and Blaze's Ryze picks up FB. With the early jungle invasion successful, Blaze's jungle Shyvana takes the enemy blue buff to start things off.

From there, things slowly began to snowball for MiG Blaze. Jax (FantasyStar) picks up 2 kills up top off the opposing Olaf, and was winning his lane. However, Jax made a couple of mistakes while trying to pick up another kill off Olaf, takes a turret shot, giving Olaf a needed kill to stop FantasyStar's rampage.

Overall, MiG Blaze had dragon control throughout the game, first taking a early Dragon at around the 10 minute mark. And combined with the one 4 man gank at bot by MiG Blaze and a teamfight at mid, Blaze began to snowball like crazy. Afterwards, it was basically bad news for MiG Frost: members getting caught out of position, 1v4 situations, everything that could possibly go wrong. Frost was getting slaughtered mercilessly left and right. After Frost tried to resist Blaze's push into their own base, teamfight breaks out, and Frost was really, really disorganized. They get plowed, and Blaze proceeds to roll into their base and take out the Nexus turrets, and the Nexus.

MiG Blaze takes Game 3, winning the grand finals, and taking $85,000 home. MiG Frost takes 2nd place, taking $35,000 home for their efforts. And what was awesome was that Blaze and Frost came together after the final match and members of Blaze consoled their counterparts. And even after the awards ceremony, Blaze and Frost huddled around a circle and simply comforted and supported each other. Now that's some great sportsmanship right there; I think my heart melted a bit after seeing this. :')

2. Default Re: LoL The Champions Spring 2012 - Grand Finals (Korean LoL Tourney)

Why Loco, whyyyyy? :(

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Re: LoL The Champions Spring 2012 - Grand Finals (Korean LoL Tourney)

Also, dat facepalm.

4. Default Re: LoL The Champions Spring 2012 - Grand Finals (Korean LoL Tourney)

You have to pay for VODs on OGN's website. iirc they do re-broadcast games twice so it's easier for both NA and EU people to watch.

Nanashin would also stream the Korean-side. :>
    As for game 1

Edit:
    I forgot they posted VODs on the Team Liquid forums, lol.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=313935 ― of course, it's in Korean!

Look for RO 16 Group D: Winners between MiG Blaze and StarTale. Blaze's Wukong + Orianna. ಠ___ಠ
    Last edited by raizoo; 2012-05-20 at 02:22 AM.