1. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Cash5 Need a good MMO.

I'm breaking my head here trying to find an mmo that doesn't require me to constantly be in a party just to progress.

I've reached the point in aion that I have to either have someone leech me to a high level or wait over an hour to form a group to progress.

maple might have its flaws but atleast I don't have to wait for people just to play.

so right now I'm looking for an mmo, I don't care if its F2P,P2P,etc.

I just can't find a decent mmo where I can solo efficently. I'm sick of getting killed within a few seconds just trying to complete the main story quests.

I'm lookin for something similar to Aion,Phantasy Star Universe,Cabal or DFO

anyone got ANY recomendations? I'm just sick of mmos requiring so much cooperation.

2. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

Default Re: Need a good MMO.

la tale <-- LoL Jk.

Hopefully someone comes in cause i'm in need of a new one, since maplestory isn't working on my pc. XD

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Guild Wars 2, Tera, and Diablo 3 are the 3 main MMORPG competitors this year.

There's also League of Legends, but you're going to rage at the amount of teamwork required.

4. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

from what I've seen terra requires quite frequent teamwork by my standards. I'm a vagabond I wanna be alone in the mmo , just me and my gf .that's it. as for Diablo 3 it's not my kinda mmo, top down bores me severely. I can't find anything abit faster paced. Aion is the slowest mmo I played that's reasonably fast.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I suppose Guild Wars 2 is pretty alone, as you have a personal story that you can sink into and ignore everyone else.

The communication in the game IMO is pretty bad. So bad everyone else can become like NPCs, lol (unfortunately, even your girlfriend).

6. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

Why do you want to play an MMO if all you plan on doing is playing solo/co-op? The only reason I play MMOs is to play with large groups of people.

7. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

There are different kinds of interaction though. I like seeing people doing their thing and I like talking to people in games, but many of us adults can't invest enough time to be a part of some kind of raiding team, and let's face it, teaming up with randoms suck so much it is not even funny.
    Why we pseudo-loners enjoy mmorpg despite our nature is that the whole living world aspect can't be artificialy created offline.
    Personally, I am waiting to see what Blade & Soul will offer, according to the developers soloing might not be as impossible as in many of the modern mmorpgs as of late. One thing is clear about the game though, it is pure art when it comes to the design. I have yet to see such gorgeous settings and style in any mmorpg, and I aint even talking about the ultra large jiggly breasts of the Gon females.

8. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

Star Wars The Old Republic. Bloody fun... takes a rather while to level but it's SUPER fun... and definitely do-able on your own. I have a guest past for World of Warcraft if you want that... I would try Runes of Magic or... hmm...

Yeah just try SWTOR for a month or so and see how you like it.

Umm... MMO = Massively Multiplayer as you obviously know. GET SOME FRIENDS WHO PLAY SWTOR THEY WILL LOVE IT.

Ok I'm done. :3

9. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

They released patch notes on what they're updating for the next BWE ― "Local chat (Say) is now very short range. /Shout (/Map) at map range has been added." should confuse me less!

I just get so confused when people have character names that follow their race because NPCs will move around and do their own thing, creating events along the way.

10. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

I tried SWTOR; the questing was enjoyable and I actually paid attention to the storyline, but other than that it felt pretty much like WoW without the polish and scale of WoW. I hear the endgame content is pretty lacking as well.

11. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

I need you to explain further, because graphic wise, details and related, in no motherpineappleing universe WoW is more "polished" than SWTOR. Perhaps you are thinking of another definition of polish?

SWTOR is definitely a great choice of MMO, specially for solo players. I wouldn't recommend any other MMO out there.

Well... maybe Diablo III... but maybe....

12. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

Class design and mechanics in WoW are overall better, and your abilities interact with each other more. Combat and controls feel more responsive. Both games have a terrible default UI, but WoW provides support for modding, while SWTOR's can't be modded at all. Some stuff that comes pretty standard to MMOs these days like LFD are also missing from SWTOR.

IMO, SWTOR just doesn't bring enough new stuff to the table. Even if it were exactly like WoW and as good as WoW in most aspects (it's not), plus better in graphics and questing/storyline, I wouldn't play it, for the same reason I didn't play Warhammer, or Age of Conan, or Aion, or Rift, etc. WoW is good, and reliable. There's a reason it's almost 10 times bigger than the next most popular imitator, and most of its self-proclaimed "killers" are either dead or free to play. SWTOR is already bleeding users and likely to go down that same path.

Anyway getting back to the OP's question, I wouldn't recommend WoW since most endgame content involves grouping up, and by extension I wouldn't recommend SWTOR either.

13. Default Re: Need a good MMO.

SWTOR is haemorrhaging players like crazy and now they just had to lay off some staff, I wouldn’t want to jump aboard that ship. Doesn’t sound too healthy to me.