Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

lolz. How is it that the 3DS generates more expectation for this upcoming E3 than the WiiU itself? It's the lastest nintendo successor after all, has it already been proven to be crap hardware wise like some say?

Anyway, I am hoping to learn more about the WiiU since I am thinking about buying one if it turns attractive enough.

2. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Mostly because the 3DS is an already released console with a much desired game library missing. The Wii U isn't even released yet, so while it's cool to hear information about it, it's not as big of a deal than something a lot of people already have and are waiting on goodies for.

3. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

I want some information on the god damn paper mario game.

4. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Because no one wants the Wii U. I've not talked to one person who is legitimately excited about the Wii U. Especially considering the Wii was a massive failure and Nintendo clearly still doesn't understand how to manage home consoles. People might get excited once there are some exclusive third party games but until then it's the same as every other Nintendo console: something to play Mario/Zelda/Metroid on, and that's hardly something to get excited about.

As for Zelda beggars, there's already been an announcement for a brand new Zelda game coming for the 3DS eventually. Hopefully we'll hear more about it at E3 this year but it's doubtful. And hopefully it's 2D but that's even more doubtful since it's the 3DS.

Nomura came out just yesterday and stated a remake isn't going to happen. They are focused on future games. His personal goal is to make a game that is better received than FFVII (lol not likely)

http://andriasang.com/con116/nomura_on_ffvii/

5. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

A remake of FFVII which will never happen. :(

6. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Like stated before... its not really wanted..

I mean no GC ports? What are they thinking ! The only reason why people still played the wii and Super Smash Brawl was such a HUGE HIT (imo) was because of that..Most of my friends hated the wii remote and played with GC controllers. Although I would like to see what they could do with a new Zelda game ..and whats behind the door of the new Super Smash Bros this is all probably not going to happen. Hell I doubt they'll even mention the specifications of the Wii U or what titles are launching it like they did with the Wii.

They should just scrap the Wii idea entirely and go back and make a GC 2. That idea when the Wii U was called "Project Cafe" and fans made controllers with the little screen on it was GENIUS! I would've been sold if it was something of that sort, but yet Nintendo disappoints and pulls a full tablet type controller out. I mean hey it might be good but we'll see.

The 3DS has more potential then the under hype'd Wii U.. and even though KH :3D is confirmed for July 31st. I would like to see a better trailer than the recent one they released. I know its only like a month before release but HEY I deserve this ! and so do all the other KH fans out there lol. Also looking forward to any news on the still in production / works Final Fantasy Versus XIII, so that the KH team can start working on KH 3

7. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Only the article you posted say no such thing. Unless you have other sources you overinterpreted grossly.

8. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Brilliant idea! Lets scrap the profitable idea and go back to barely making enough money to survive instead of having one of the most profitable video games divisions and making fewer games as a result! GENIUS!

They're thinking that controllers that haven't been in production for years isn't worth including in the console. And they're right. The PS3 and Xbox 360 were hardly ruined because they didn't accept input from PS2/Xbox controllers. Just get a CCpro and be done with it.

I don't think anybody SHOULD want it yet. We know NOTHING about it bar the fact it has a tablet controller. That really isn't enough to get me excited anyway, and its announcement last year was clearly a rush job.

9. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

I want to see Sony do something for the Vita.

Also, GIVE ME a Type-0 localization dammit

10. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

it does, but imagine it with something like 720-1080p graphics.

hmm, a brand new zelda game wouldn't be too shabby either.

11. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

I don't remember the last time I've actually agreed with you, but well said.

Hell, not even the developers working on Wii U games know much about the console. They're all in the dark about most of the workings of the Wii U console, so they don't even know how to maximize performance for it. I will agree, however, that the lack of Game Cube support is depressing, but in no way is it unexpected. I can't think of a console that goes back more than one generation, aside from the GameBoy Advance, that could fit original Gameboy games, Gameboy Color games and Gameboy Advance games in the same slot. Other consoles (Game Cube specifically) had attachments to support older games, but that's not exactly the same thing... I won't be turned off by the lack of Game Cube support, since as long as the Nintendium in my Wii holds out, I will use it to play all of my Game Cube games, like I already do.

The Wii wasn't successful? Good lord. That is the worst statement I've heard in a long time. It may not have been OMGNUMBERONEHARDCORECONSOLE, but it was certainly the number one selling console in the entire world for years.

12. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

First of all, I have no idea where you came up with that. The Wii may not be the most hardcore gamer friendly in the universe, but it certainly is not a failure. It outsold both the PS3 and the 360 for a very long time (if isn't still). Last I checked that's not a failure. Actually, that's a huge success.

Just because there's a lot of games you don't like on the Wii doesn't make it a failure. I don't like 95% of the PS3/X360 library, but you don't see me calling either failures. Hell, I don't like 95% of the Wii's library either. Doesn't make it a failure just because you don't like what it sold.

Secondly; the way Nintendo is treating Metroid means that there's not going to be another Metroid ever again. They completely ignored it's existence during it's Anniversary, while pomegranateting out everything Zelda fans could ever want on Zelda's, AS WELL as doing a ton for Mario after they said "we don't do those kinds of anniversaries." Metroid is dead, as much as it pains me to say it. I am an avid Metroid fan, and I absolutely hate the treatment it has been getting but Nintendo's complete lack of acknowledging it's existence pretty much speaks for itself. Even if there is another Metroid game, it will likely be as bad as Other M, which means Metroid fans don't even want it.

FFVII was well received? I thought it was just a ton of people gasming over bulky/long swords. Huh.

13. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

I've heard virtually nothing about the Vita so far.

It IS out already, right?

14. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

I would get it fixed if they hadn't released the new design.

It does render really nicely in 1080p not too bad in 3D either.

15. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

You're welcome to go. Take Sarah. Have fun.

http://www.e3expo.com/attendee/1205/registration-faq/

16. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

If we qualified I would indifinately take up this oppurtunity.

17. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

I want another Fire Emblem game :(
    Also more details about upcoming Skyrim DLC.
    Oh Borderlands 2, that's another game I would like to know more. (Loved the first one)

If you guys manage to get a sit right beside Nexon, can you slap them in the face for me? Would really appreciate it.

18. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Yeah I should probably backpedal on that "failure" statement because I never take into account the SUPER CASUAL market which made the Wii incredibly successful. The Wii, as an actual gaming console that appeals to actual gamers, was a failure. As a real life emulator it was a SPECTACULAR SUCCESS!!! though.

Also, @CarrionCrow, the subtitle of the article I linked to says that. As do other translations of the famitsu interview that I've read over the last few days.

19. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Ah, I see. I figured you might have other sources, but the teacher in me forces me to point out the flaws in your post since your mentioned source actually did not say anything about never making a remake.

20. Default Re: E3 2012 (June 5th - 7th)

Oh, I didn't mean never. As I was referring to a post about this E3, I meant to infer "any time soon", which is what Nomura said as well. I probably should've included that anyway.