Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

Not sure how much int you need, but I have a decent amount of int myself on my db (around 550).
    And since this is a purely pvp discussion and luk doesn't matter in pvp, phantoms focused on pvp could pump points in int to make it more effective.

2. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

My lvl166 Bishops only heals around 40% HP with a clean weapon.

Most Bishops with perfect VIPs will heal 100% of their HP.

I think MATK is a much bigger factor in Heal than INT is.

3. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

I think 1v1 would fit in well in many cases.

The "One life" thing really wouldn't be played in my opinion much due to balance issues, and such.

Maybe it strips your character of it's equips and no items drop, but no use speculating, best bet is to wait and see.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

As much as I'd like to see a 1v1, I doubt it'd be called "hardcore."

5. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

Heal has a CD, and I'm pretty sure Luk does matter. It's just diminished. Anyhow you probably have int because of equips (mainly %allstat or random %int lines), so that won't help a bit.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Why would LUK not matter in PvP in the first place as opposed to other stats? Not to mention that MW does increase my damage dealt.

7. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I'll keep saying they should make some chase pvp like sheep ranch pq... with some fixes it could be perfect

8. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

Becuse majik obvusly.

9. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

If weapon attack really doesn't matter, why would luk?
    I don't pvp that much though, so other people can answer that better.

10. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

I thought about that after I posted it

11. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

I'm thinking of 1 vs 1. The player who is defeated by the opponent loses an equipment item. The item gets dropped on the floor while the defeated player is seen 'dead' F4-ing. Wouldn't that be hardcore? Playing PvP would be a risk. Who doesn't love risks, right?

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

In terms of PvP:

Weapon ATK doesn't matter
    Stats don't matter
    Magic ATK DOES matter

This is why Bishops and other mages are among Top / God Tier in PvP.

Certain skills are disabled in PvP, chances are the Phantoms "Rez" skill is disabled in PvP.

13. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

Pretty much this.

There's a reason why every world's top players are mostly mages. (And gee, I wonder why they have perfect VIP weapons and duped Elemental Staffs and not the PvP Staff? Maybe it just looks cooler? )

Heal is supposed to heal 15%-30% (can't remember the exact value) every 15 seconds. Not with lolMATK it sure as hell isn't... 100% HP every 15 seconds.

14. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=55359

Just make this happen. If they just reopen PVP and add a new mode to it, without fixing these issues first, it will be as crap as it ever was before.

15. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

That would suck. It would be one thing I would never participate in (good think Nexon Japan doesn't have plans for PvP, anyway). I can't afford to lose even one of my already crappy items. lol

16. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

Do people in KMS even PVP? Or is it dead like GMS?

17. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

I hope this turns out well. PVP is one of the highlights of this predominately miserable game.

I think its likely the heal formula is just flat out unchanged in pvp. However I disagree that matk actually matters for any other skill. Certainly in my bam experience, matk is irrelevent to damage. I use a clean evil wings most of the time with no noticeable decline in damage.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I imagined Hardcore Mode being something like this:

1v1 match and there will be a lobby of people waiting. When the person dies, next person comes up to take his place and goes on. It would go on for at least 5 wins(?) and that will decide the match.

Crazy idea though but I was watching some Gunz: The Duel videos. :P

19. Default Re: The New Super Fight (PVP)

About mages: MATT and INT do matter, but it doesn't matter that much. As a Bishop with ~10k Range I still do a lot of damage, but for example the difference between my 132 matt Maple Pyrope Wand (my main pvp wand) and a clean Zhu-Ge-Liang wand is really low. They are both the same weapon speed, but the difference between the wands is around the 60 attack, but I do actually kill someone in 4 hits of big bang instead of 5 with the higher matt wand. And it's exactly the same for other mage jobs, and with INT. I don't see why people actually cast MW in PvP as a non-mage class, does it help at all? Oh well, can't wait for this 1Vs1 mode, or whatever it is! Oh, and heal doesn't help me that much at all. I can only heal like 20% of my HP, which does help a little. But not enough to keep me alive for full infinity (60 seconds).

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I always figured MW helped added DEF / MDEF to your character, and Warriors get +1 BATK per +400 DEF, but I haven't gone into any in-depth testing.