1. Default Phantom Weapon Use

I know their weapon is a cane, but I was wondering how forgiving their skills were. If you equip a dagger on them, can they use their own skills? How about stolen skills?

The reason why I ask is because I'd like to do some matk weapon testing once they're out for heal. The alternative is using those 20% 1h matk scrolls on maple canes now, but I'd certainly like to just use a kebob.

2. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

Pretty sure its like Mercedes and Dual-Bowguns. You could have a Phantom with a dagger equipped, But unless you also have the "Card" equipped, they cannot use any skills. And you cannot equip the card without having the cane equipped either.

3. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

I'll go on KMS in about an hour or so and test this for you.

4. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

I find this the most likely case as well. Just wanted to see if a substantially cheaper/easier route was open.

I appreciate it. Please let me know your results.

5. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

how about the phantom equips the weapon of the skills he stole, for example equipping a dagger and shield then uses bstep, or equipping a sword and uses intrepid slash?

6. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

That is actually using Talent of the Phantom Thief (I/II/III/IV) not a skill itself, so you still need a Cane and Card.

7. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

As a Phantom, I cannot use my normal phantom skills if I have a dagger equipped. I tried using a stolen attack (some sort of...whirlwindy attack...guessing pirate?) and it didnt work either. I could however buff with Haste and Combo.

SO MANY ERRORS!

8. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

Sorry for doublepost, but I keep having errors editing my original post.

I can use some skills (for instance, Ice Strike)

9. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

Can you use Phantom-specific skills? (i.e. brise carte)

Thanks.

10. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

11. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

can u try and steal a shadower skill and try to use it?

12. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

@Zelkova Thanks. Heal is the main goal here. If I can cast it to effect on the party, I'll be able to test with matk-bearing daggers. Being able to cast ice strike makes me think it is possible. Once we have more insight into the heal formula who knows, maybe it'll be worth scrolling a cane for matk XD

13. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

zzzzz

You are not allowed to see this. It's error filled.

14. Default Re: Phantom Weapon Use

Just an update on this.
    You can't use any skills without a cane/card anymore. I tested it out for basil to no avail.