1. Default Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

Initial Ticket

Gamemaster response a little under a month later.

I wonder why my account would have failed the verification process, haha.

Ah well, still got karma koin cards in my town if I want to pick up NX, but here's hoping this is useful information for anyone else getting that message when trying to charge.

2. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

This probably also applys to when i get Error Code: 50100 when trying to charge NX.

3. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

It means it bounced and your ID/IP/Email/Paypal address/CC #/bank account won't allow online transactions.

4. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I'm surprised they even took the time to send you that response. o_o

I'm still wondering where it comes from in the first place. Presumably it's a form of protection for themselves and it activates when a payment doesn't go through, so the user is required to "prepay" for NX from now on... but this has gotten slapped onto accounts seemingly randomly, and as far as I know they refuse to remove it. x(

The error pops up as soon as you choose the option to charge credit, you never get the opportunity to enter how you're paying--it's something Nexon pins on your account. I have it on my mule account but not my main, and they've always been recharged with the same method. o_o;

5. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I get that error when I even try to go to the pay by credit page. My account's fine.

6. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I would get this error as soon as I selected Paypal/etc.

All I had to do was change browsers, and it worked just fine.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nope, it's Nexon's baseless paranoia.

I've bought all sorts of stuff online, with the same IP/Email/Paypal/CC/bank, and nobody ever had a problem sending me what I bought immediately.
    Only Nexon has decided, apparently because I'm from Israel, that I am out to steal their precious, irreplaceable, virtual money.

8. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Interesting. o_O I just tried my mule in IE instead of Firefox and still got the error.

9. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

By online transactions I mean nexon specifically, not in general. Typically it happens because something wasn't honored by the bank.

10. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I've been blocked for years now. Used to charge a bit by paypal a couple of times a year, nothing strange or suspicious. They never did explain why, just banned me. Oh well if they don't want my money suits me I just spent it elsewhere. It is only account specific though. If you create a new account and used the same info again it would work.

11. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I'm not saying it is a fix for everyone, but for me it was.

It was also probably partially due to me using Chrome Canary, instead of a real browser.

12. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

"oh no, a customer wants to buy NX, but he/she can't!
    let's put this person in front of the 780 thousand other tickets we have going!"

13. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Justin and I had a weird theory about the error, as he outlined in this thread from a few months ago, but the gifting system was removed in 2006 and I'm not sure how many people affected by this error had actually played that long ago. >_> It's really the only explanation I have for why my mule account is locked, while my main is perfectly fine.

Otherwise, maybe there's a particular bank that has a tendency to cause issues with Nexon, or maybe if the information on your account doesn't quite line up with billing information on your bank account/paypal... I don't know. It really does feel like Nexon just randomly pulls accounts out of a hat and bans them from charging.

14. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

The "sub-categories" make a difference. If it's billing/NX related it gets priority over anything else, which is essentially spam. It's an entirely different billing department apparently. I've spoken to them twice and they aren't related to nexon.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Not really. It's just that they have a form letter for this so it's easy to check off.

16. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

oh, that explains a lot.

17. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

my account has been affected by this for years now, and it seemed to be viral in spreading to several other accounts i have access to. i logged a ticket about it a year or so ago, and after getting an automated response the same as in OP, i responded asking why and got a "we can't tell you" after a long wait.

so i havent bought any more nx.

18. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

My theory about this problem is that when you go to charge, Nexons software tries to look up your location based on your IP address and if it doesn't match the location paypal or whatever reports, you get charge-banned forever. The location lookup utilities do not seem to be very reliable. A week ago I tried to set up a new hotmail account, and it kept wanting to give me a .uk address.

19. Default Re: Ticket Closed. Error Code 51 Explained.

I've had this since around 2009 on my main account, my secondary has been blocked since 2007. Both used Paypal (same account), but I never had an explanation as to why I wasn't able to charge. I had been using Ultimate Game Cards bought online and charged via PayByCash, but I don't buy NX at all anymore. :|

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I get this error on two different accounts on the Free NX surveys page, so it probably has something to do with IPs.