Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

Step 1: Duping and item generation outbreak generates tons of revenue through MTS. People who care lose faith in the game and stop spending money/quit.
    Step 2: Periodic wipe of generated/duped items. Improves public opinion of the company. People who care continue spending money/come back. People who don't care have to gear themselves up to compensate for lost equipment, by spending money.
    Step 3: Create more systems that leave holes open for more exploits while increasing the power creep to nudge players towards upgrading more by spending money.
    Step 4: Go back to step 1.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

3. Won't Be Coming Back
    (Banned from this thread)
    Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

In case you idiots hadn't noticed, Nexon's customer service actually has been improving (CS item extension, hyper rocks, gms, etc).

Always pointing out some conspiracy and then proceeding to rage about something you all complain about relentlessly, noice.

More changes like these WILL be made.
    Don't rage about the skyrocket of valuable items and your ability to not get one, or having to spend your money on a game.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jocular

5. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

You are in the wrong place for a post like this.. it's almost as if you meant to post this on a basil thread but clicked the wrong tab...

This face is the ultimate win... Just ultimate win lol.

6. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

See, that's the thing. That's the way the game is SUPPOSED to be. I don't see why everyone is complaining.

GM Scrolls were never meant to be released in such great quantities...neither were white scrolls, pam's songs, or whatever the hell has also been duped. My bow is perfectly scrolled, and I remember my friend who did that for me, she spent over $150 on 10% vegas and pams scrolls to get it there. In the past, it was "You want a godly weapon? Then spend a large amount of nx to get it there." That's the way it was meant to be, and I don't see what the problem is here, Nexon taking actions to get back what is rightfully theirs (the money that is supposed to be needed to get these weapons).

Of course, the ethics behind Nexon's decision to do this with this timing can be questioned and scrutinized. However, that is a different discussion in itself.

7. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

Next time live-stream it so I can have satisfaction when Nexon trolls you next. Which may/may not ever happen again. But having the satisfaction that you will delights me so.

8. Won't Be Coming Back
    (Banned from this thread)
    Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

Yes, you hit the carrot on the chicken.

Right on point, but how could you know this!?

9. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

You keep screaming this but most of your examples aren't "customer assistance". It's features for convenience, which if I recall they've been doing since they released pet's.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Point me to where conspiracy was used.

I never said it was planned. Just that that is how the cycle is and it ultimately favors Nexon in every way.

11. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Sounds about right :/

12. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

A couple of the *hem* well equipped characters on Bera are mourning their characters not being strong in smegas, I wonder if this is why.

13. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

It’s just a shame they always leave these things till the last possible minute where they have absolutely no choice but to step it up and sort it out. They just leave their player base suffering away for months until they see their profits drop and decide they better do something. They really need to jump on these things straight away.

Why thank you.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I personally read that like this:

Also, someone seems a bit butthurt by this latest change. Don't worry bro, cheaters can still sell illegit scroll "services" due to their awesome reputation (that is if you still have the scrolls and Nexon wasn't thorough enough to not also ban whoever needed to be banned - which wouldn't surprise me). I hope you guys caught the bits of sarcasm.
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-05-11 at 08:06 PM.

15. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

I hope they keep this up. I'm always for an appreciation of my items while I get a nice show of watching the dupers squirm

16. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

Yes, that's clearly what he meant because how dare someone have a different opinion about Nexon from the majority? Personally, with the change in management that seems to be going on behind the scenes and the increase of communication, I think the new guys are trying to fix stuff up and you all can't seem get away from blaming people that probably aren't even in the same seat of power any more or there at all. The company is trying stuff out to fix the game, at least you could show some support instead of cracking age old jokes about it.

17. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

People here are well within their right to complain due to Nexon's track record.

No one is magically and instantly forgiven for their neglect by doing what should have been done in the first place.

What Nexon is doing at the moment is what is expected of a respectable company, hence why no one throws a party for them. They were well within the red for years and just now they're doing what should have been done and what was expected of them; however, with the game in this condition, people have been long awaiting for the unexpected.

18. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

Did I say they weren't allowed to complain? I don't seem to recall I did....

What I seem to recall saying was that if you have the right to complain, then I have the right to believe this may be a change for the better without being assumed I'm some kind of cheater that benefits from this some how. (Which is exactly what happened to DamageCalc). Be negative and stay negative, but if someone says "Hey they might be doing something good" for a change, they shouldn't be viewed as some negative aspect.

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

I don't know if you understand what I meant, but my slight was more toward the hacker (damagecalc) than it was toward nexon. Anyway, this change is a step in the right direction, but Nexon got a ways to go. It's about all the credit I'll give them at this point. They didn't even take out the 3X attack masks/etc (something a few lines of SQL would easily take care of, theoretically).

For more reference to what needs to change refer to http://www.southperry.net/showthread...l=1#post961897
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-05-11 at 07:50 PM.

20. Default Re: Update: Removed Illegally Generated Equipment; Restr...

Semantics. I don't want to argue that. I merely argued why pessimism is justified. Nothing about IImaplers, nothing about DamageCalc.

More and more people will take Nexon seriously when they're maintaining a normal game, not when they're fixing a broken game.

"at least you could show some support" : I believe there's no better support than sticking around this game for so long despite what Nexon has/hasn't done all these years.