1. Default Is Venom / Fatal Venom supposed to be reflected in HB bars?

I started messing around with my Shadower post-Justice today and I noticed that when I attack monsters/bosses, I get ~18,000 *3 ticks every second from Venom happening to monsters, but their HP bars remain the exact same. I even wait after a while (18k * 3 should be more than enough to deplete any monster's HP by the time it ends... right?) and attack from a prone position and their HP doesn't seem to be affected by Venom at all.

I'm starting to feel like I should reset my SP and ignore that 4th job skill for now and put those points in Dagger Expert instead.

2. Default Re: Is Venom / Fatal Venom supposed to be reflected in HB bars?

I checked on my DB in kMS with regular venom, and it doesn't appear to show up in the HP bar. You can test it out by using a normal attack (probably better crouching) to inflict venom, and then waiting, it should stop after the duration is over, or once the monster hits 1 HP, at that point, try hitting it with another normal attack, if that attack kills it, venom probably works.

3. Default Re: Is Venom / Fatal Venom supposed to be reflected in HB bars?

Yeah, I just tried it with a fruit knife on drakes in Sleepywood and it seems to work fine. In Dojo, it just doesn't seem to have the same effect.

4. Default Re: Is Venom / Fatal Venom supposed to be reflected in HB bars?

From what I understand the HP bar doesn't update from the damage caused by DoT effects. This is true with every DoT, as I just tested it with Ice Demon on my I/L Mage. I used Ice Demon on something that only took about half health from it, waited a few ticks, then poked it with my staff and the HP dropped considerably (a lot more than the 100 damage my Staff did would cause).

I'll test on my Hermit tomorrow to see if Venom works for Hermits. It's possible Fatal Venom is bugged too, idk.

5. Default Re: Is Venom / Fatal Venom supposed to be reflected in HB bars?

The HP bar stays the same until the timer for the DoT ends.