1. Default IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Imma try dis gaem called League of Legends. Anything in particular I should know before going into it? I understand it's how Warcraft 3 used to sorta be, and I liked that.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Post your IGN in the IGN thread.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Wait let me give my referal link! :D

Nah just joking, forever unreferer.

4. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

First use this link: no referral links
    Second a list of champions and guides for them on mobafire.com or solomid.net make sure to visit those sites for guides on champions and nt just run in blind. Play bot games to get used to everything, and dont get angry your first couple of games, real PvP is different than co-op vs AI.

5. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

-- Do the tutorial.
    -- Now do the battle tutorial.
    -- Now do a beginner bot game (custom or coop, don't care) to make sure you've got the basics down without being told to do something. If you do, you should win your lane. Whether you win the match or not will depend heavily on your teammates =/
    -- Friend me or someone else from SP.net, just so you don't have to deal with people with terrible attitudes.

And when you've got your foot in the door,
    -- Start studying up on mechanic.
    -- Practice last-hitting and map awareness.
    -- Learn what all the champions can do, and what all the items do.
    -- Learn counters and stuff. Review what you know. Keep playing games to get more experience, because this game has so many ways situations can unfold.

Up front, I'm going to say this game has a learning curve that's like a cliff. That's not to say that you shouldn't start playing though. Matchmaking tries pairs you up with players that have your approximate skill level, so chances are if they're really newbies, they'll know only just as much as you do! Learn and play at your own pace, and talk to us for advice.

Also, get familiar with the Summoner's Code, which basically says "you can get angry, but you should not rage at your teammates or be a plantain". Don't do things that you'd rather that they shouldn't do to you (includes d/cing or quitting in the middle of a game for whatever reason). Being bad is excusable though, since people have their ups and downs like everyone else =/

DO NOT USE MOBAFIRE.COM FFS!!!

6. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

from what ive heard, even solomid's guides need to be taken with a grain of salt >.>

7. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Featured guides are somewhat dated, but almost always very good quality.

8. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Even if you haven't heard of the featured players they're all 2K+ ELO, apparently.

9. Default

Okie, I just finished doing the battle training or whatever, was pretty fun! I kinda like this. Its more fun than Maple right now and that's what matters.

My character's name is Untradeable in game too (So creative rite?)

I understand what you mean by last-hitting @KajitiSouls; thanks for the tip!

Sorry for double posting, But i seem to have run into a snag here. I had finished a tutorial battle, and after i pressed the Ok button on the Victory screen, it flatout closed everything. And when I tried to start up LoL again, it said it was already running. Anyone that can help with this?
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2012-05-08 at 11:13 PM.

10. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Go to Task Manager and end LolClient.exe, lollauncher.exe, and rads_user_kernel.exe. You realize that message terminates rads_user_kernel.exe if it's already running if you click ok, right?

11. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Ah, I see. Has this happened to anyone else in non-tutorial matches? Seems like it would be pretty inconvenient to have to restart everything when you join another match.

12. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Play with friends on Skype that are already good at the game in bot matches, if possible. It helps to have them explaining mechanics while you're playing, instead of playing a game, then coming here to post/read things about it.

Also, get LoLReplay. If you have something overly specific that you want to ask us about and you have an example in a game that you've played, you can either upload the whole game and link us to a download of it, or record it with fraps/dxtory/xsplit and upload it to YouTube and we can look at it. LoLReplay takes barely any resources, so you won't notice any performance dips when you play.

Also also, don't play with Corn. He goes AFK a lot.

Edit: Also also also, if you hit the chatroom button in the bottom right corner (next to the exclamation point) you can hit the join a chat room button and join the Southperry channel (exactly typed as Southperry).

13. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

It's a bug that happens from time to time, it probably won't happen again for a while.

14. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

hes never afked in games with me... all 10-20ish.

15. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

Must be a recent trend. Or you're lucky. Every fifth game I've played with him has resulted in him afking, mostly because of parent aggro.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Oh c'mon, I haven't afked in a while.

17. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

A little tip: Don't buy runes before you reach level 21 because it'll be a waste to buy tier 1 or tier 2 runes. When you finally do reach level 21, the best common rune set up that I can suggest before you really get into the game is Flat AD marks, Flat armour seals, Flat Magic resist glyphs and movement speed quintessences. Later on you can branch into other things like armour penetration, magic penetration and attack speed marks etc.

18. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

On top of this, people tend to just save IP for runes and use RP for champs.

19. Default Re: IMMA TRY DIS GAEM.

FTFY.