1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I've quit for a few months now and I must say I haven't felt this good in a long time. The only thing I regret is not being able to play with some very good friends. For me, these things must happen to get me to return (message to Nexon):

1. Patrol your game with actual GMs who are real people and not complete idiots.
    2. Remove all obvious duped/hacked gear and/or make it untradable. Remove it from everywhere, including all forms of storage (wedding/wedding gift/etc storage), morons.
    3. If a certain item shouldn't be in the game (or shouldn't be in the game yet), don't put its data in the game.
    4. Proofread/spellcheck your notices and/or learn English. Also, learn what time means, because notices don't display correct times.
    5. Customer service with no machines. In case there's a language barrier, refer to #4 above.
    6. Either remove incompetent workers (probably most of the management), or hire new competent workers and pay them based on commission unless they are proven (if they are proven, make them permanent employees).
    7. Merge servers. From a cost perspective, I'd think merging 2+ small servers into 1, would save Nexon money. And Nexon loves money. From a player's perspective it would make the economy better for small servers and a decent amount of players is better than barely any on an isolated island.
    8. Be more open with your players in general (read and post in SP if you know how to read, google translate doesn't count (what stops someone like Hime from posting in SP? Nothing) ). The ambiguity/irreverence is at an extreme currently.
    9. When something's not right it should be acknowledged asap but the solution should be well-planned and looked at from various angles and not based on one/a few idiots' decision (unless it is really a simple fix).
    10. Code and a lot more decision-making should be handled in the United States by experienced and competent employees.
    11. You can't stop hackers/hacking, but making your game hacker-heaven shows no effort in maintaining it. I'd like to see real effort/results. Promises in notices don't do pomegranate for me.
    12. Common sense. There was basically none of it since 2008.

I'm sure I've missed a few things. So what would make you come back?
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-05-08 at 11:30 AM.

2. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

13. Stop pomegranateting all over your own game. They've literally made the entire game one streamlined grind from 1-200 with no point in doing anything else other than when your so bored of grinding.

3. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Since there are a few dead worlds two should remain if they do merge, some people just want to play alone (aka me).

14. make item locks free
    15. seperate PIC code for storage.
    16. characters should not be deleteable with your PIC but a secret question or Date of Birth.

but I still play so I don't know if I can participate in this!

4. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

1. make it P2P
    2. remove hackshield and implement warden
    3. remove all cs crap to improve your gear.
    4. make it a server sided game.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

You have some valid points so I see no harm in you participating.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

YES, I forgot to mention that they should make it P2P and make it server-sided!!!

Also remove MTS!

This too, and more useful things to do when reaching 200..

7. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Nothing in this world or any others.

8. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Yup. Describes it pretty well.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I sense sheer hopelessness, and I'm near that point myself. Only things keeping me attached are good memories, but they are fading fast.

10. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

-3. Unban my friends
    -2. Restore my friends' things from them being hacked since the security was horrible
    -1. Get my friends to play again

Oh wait, things actually done in the game? Ok fine

1. Whatever has been mentioned already
    2. Whatever has yet to be mentioned
    3. Stop being fat, greedy, dirty, filthy, corrupt capitalist pigs.
    3b. Do everything that makes no sense for business, but is actually common sense.

Ah forget it, just going to say in short, absolutely nothing. All businesses eventually boils down to being just a bunch of filthy capitalist pigs, and to remove that this world is impossible since people eat, breathe, and bleed money.

11. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

give me more free time?

I haven't logged on because I've been busy with school. My guild is pretty much dead and my equips went from mediocre to laughable. If nexon could make this game less dependent on who has the most IRL money, then I wouldn't be too worried about the hackers all over the place, but if you put a significant investment via NX for your characters, I'd want some sort of protection of my account information. The game's lack of any sort of quality anything hasn't helped it. No quality hack prevention; no quality population worth playing with; no quality control- the only thing we have to look forward to are revamps up the wazoo that basically streamline every single class into being the exact same.

I'll play for lulz, but anything that you want to do to proceed in this game requires:

1. billions upon billions of mesos
    2. a significant amount of NX and real life money
    3. luck that you probably just won't have.

12. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

just wondering what makes everyone who quitted keep checking maplestory forums?

13. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

If you mean southperry, i don't really browse the maplestory section, i might look at it to see the state of the game, but i am on southperry because of the other parts of the forums.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Personally, for any signs of improvement (lol I know) and/or making fun of Nexon and/or laughing at Nexon. Also, belittling hackers/Nexon for the scum they are because everyone should know about it here imo. Also, some members are friends and it's interesting to read their posts even if I've quit.

15. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

I don't know man, because for some reason there's no more "Magic" that keeps me online like there was before. I don't know what that "Magic" is though, but if that ever comes back, I guess I will. I gotta admit that I miss a lot of my online friends but I feel good I don't need to play Maplestory anymore like a freak everyday... if you know what I meant.

16. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

1. Balance PvP.
    2. Improve PvP features and matchmaking.
    3. Add more content from lvl140-lvl160.
    4. Add more content from lvl180-lvl200.
    5. Expand NLC (like say, what #3 and #4 suggests).
    6. Delete illegitimate/glitched/duped gear (27-38att VSS, Gold Emerald Earrings, Raccoon Masks, Ele Staff, Lucky Guy Medals, Legendary Hero Badges, Dom Pendant, 50-70 CHTP, GM Scrolls, White Scrolls, Protection Scrolls, Empress Gear/Weapons created after the Music Box event, etc etc etc).
    7. Add a meso sink such as allowing us to buy NX Credit with it (not prepaid) and make Cubes/Prots/Guards/Gachapon buyable with Prepaid only.
    8. Have a dedicated patrol team that goes through hot spots and bans botters. Reward players that report hackers and possible hotspots. Have them instaban any advertising bot in FM or smegers.

Actually, even then I think Maple is an awful game... I'd rather have these changes:

1. Get rid of potential OR use 1line potential only OR use the Nebulite system exclusively.
    2. Revamp existing classes to have a purpose other than just different variations of dealing damage.
    3. Give us the option of Permanent NX.
    4. Allow NX to be put into the storage OR get rid of exclusive cash shop inventories.
    5. Change bosses so that they are difficult rather than annoying (no "fake-difficulty" gimmicks like damage reflect or super weapon/magic defense).
    6. Allow no instanced boss to be soloable (statistically or coded-limitation).
    7. Bring back the story book quests for getting 4th job skills and get rid of Mystery Mastery books (and allow us to continue the story book quests to bring master levels from 10 to 20 and 20 to 30).
    8. Add a variety to monsters rather than just normal mob and party play (plentiful but low exp per mob VS scarce but super powerful and lots of exp VS super boss monsters that take 10 minutes to kill with a full party but give 30mins worth of exp).
    9. Change Monster Park into PQs with something to do other than "kill, move to next map, kill, move to next map, kill" (an idea would be to make them into 10-20 map dungeons or mazes and wander around until you find keys/items to move to different areas you couldn't pass through before).
    10. Add more guild PQs / bring back Sharenian + new ones. Give us a way to increase GP.

If just a handful of these last 10 suggestions ever get through (especially #1), I'd probably play Maple more seriously.

17. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I don't really think there's much that'd make me come back. GMS is dead to me, and KMS holds no real appeal to me right now. LoL is simply more fun, has a better community, is better managed, and has more iterations.

18. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

Oh yeah, like getting to 200 is a joke now, I guess end game content like fun bosses, fun quests / things to do as an end-game, I guess lol

19. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I want the blackmarket closed. I want GM's regulating in game activity. I want a clean wipe, everything taken.

20. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Make Maple p2p and server based, like Runescape. Kills hacks right away, and Maple could be like $20/month to match up to the retarded amount of money cubes make. All Cash shop items are 1/10 of their original price and permanent, so that Nexon can still keep their beloved microtransactions.

Then make all those "pay-to-win" cash shop items remain as cash shop items, but removed from the cash shop, and have an npc sell them for ridiculous amounts of meso. (150m for scissor, 60m per cube, etc)

This way, we keep our epic damage, have a kickass meso sink to combat the bots that will gather meso out the ass, AND Nexon still makes money. Maybe then I'd come back...

Or not. If I had money, I'd rather play WoW.