Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

The only reason for increasing the length of a boss fight is so that you can experience more of the content. For example, if a boss has 20 different attack patterns, and only really uses 10 of them in 5 minutes, then it makes sense to adjust its hp so a fight will last 10 minutes and you'll have a good chance at experiencing the full variety the boss has to offer. This also works for gameplay variety arising from the interactions of different attack patterns. But there is a limit to how much complexity and variety a boss can have, and still be sensible or beatable.

No boss is programmed with 30 hours of content variety. Not even close. The only "skill" being tested at that point is the skill to use a catheter and develop bedsores, the rest is just repetition of content you already beat or even mastered. If you want to weed out the mobile from the immobile, I recommend a staircase - not ruining bossing in this game.

2. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

OH GOD NO
    NO
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also 30 hours for a boss is extremely unhealthy (with no breaks at all). I remember doing an essay where this guy died doing a 24 hour SC2 play or something.
    there was also this thing called poopsocking when this guy played WoW to stay close to the game in like 08

bosses ARE mobile, pinning is practically essential and where is the boss going to go being constantly smacked around? prevents potion intake by no touching *cough*EMPRESSRUNS

on topic: I came back a little after JUMP/Ascension because of nostalgia lol. I was hacked and quit for half a year

3. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: Sugarsouffle
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Virtus
    Alliance: TeamRocket
    Washington

Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

There's not a whole lot more ground to cover in the game before things just start getting silly. It's actually already happening. I treat online gaming just as I do console gaming, in the sense that I play the game to it's fullest extent, or to completion, then I move on to the next. This game, however, has no end-game completion in the sense I'm looking for. The one big reason I stick around and make appearances on those blue moon occurrences (not very often), is to look for closure on Maple's "Story".

Th lack of updates involving actual "gameplay" is what keeps me away. I enjoy going through new content releases and push towards completion.

It takes place on my list much higher than things like the general community, the rampant hackers, the mass-false bannings, the server issues, and what-have-you. None of that matters to me without there being an actual game to play.

You're being waaaay too nice.

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

Dang, nvm then. Won't come back :d

5. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

What about people with jobs :|

Punish them too.

This game already eats at my job sometimes with the weird times for bosses and etc.

And i work the night shift.

6. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Ok, We all agree that 30 hours for a singular boss is a flatout impossibilty, IN ONE SITTING.

But what if they do what WoW did, And have an Instanced boss fight like how you fight Deathwing in Dragon Soul? Basically how it works is you are fighting a boss with a large (Incredibly large) amount of HP, But in parts. If we were to apply this to Horntail for instance, Each body part would have as much HP as say Empress, But you only have to beat one part in a sitting. That way you can chip away at it slowly and over time, eventually beat it and have it drop suitable drops. Granted there would need to be some major revamps for this to happen but I believe it could be done, Kind of how party quests are now, but instead of doing random box jumping and such, its one long boss fight that you can stop and start at any time at given checkpoints.

7. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Thus the hard mode comment. You don't have to fight it, you can just fight the weaker one if you don't have the time to fight the stronger one. Or, this can happen-

Decent compromise.

8. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

that works.

9. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

This would be awesome and definite get me playing on my older characters again.

Though there are some other things that I would like to happen:
    1) make getting equipment easier or have more end game equipment with set bonus (that are actually good). I say this because of the gap between funded and non funded characters. But its not only that; Because of the super funded characters and new end game bosses that come out, are SOOOOO much hp/defence/physical resistance <-- What the pineapple is this bull pomegranate, coupled with a timelimit that its impossiable to kill it as a nonfunded or decently funded character.

Also because when you think about how you upgrade your equipment you have: scrolling, potential, nebilite, and enhancements. Coming from me the enhancements and nebilite are fine/. the scrolls from scrolling are too rare and don't actually add anything and potential adds wayy to much. Basically they need to change their equipment and upgrade system so its not completely shafted in one direction.

2) Add more ways to make money.

My god if you dont buy nx is nearly impossible to do anything. Item pick up needs to be quicker. like pet speed quicker. you know how much mesos go to waste when you dont have a pet with meso magnet. ALOT.

3) make being a melee, range, magical class mean something in boss battles. mainly diversity in classes.

Any one of these and I would be happy to play again. Well actually if I could get my paladin back on his feet with a VL sword
    Spoiler
    ill be fine (got hacked twice.. well actually 3 times but the third I didnt lose anything because there was nothing to lose, so it doesn't count)

10. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

In case they are watching us... Add some in game content to regularly earn maple points with.

That was a big reason why I turned to League of Legends is because when I don't feel like spending real money on their game, I can always save up and use the in game "points" to get what I need.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

For the love of god, yes.

12. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Nexon removes mts after I quit the game for the disappointments of diablo 3...

I'll wait and see what happens with the summer update.

13. Water
    IGN: JerrysHero
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Imperious
    Alliance: TheAlmightys
    canada

Nothing, unless they get rid of pay to win and the grind and nothing to do at 200. Quest grinding in Tera has me loathe exp grinding from monsters. Only thing I can monster-grind for is items(DS Act 2 Inferno ftw), I severely doubt I will find anything from mobs that beats my current gear aha

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

Well after quitting for almost 3 years, I would say what made me come back was first of all the complete revamp/ big bang. I do enjoy understanding new classes and creating them, I now have an evan and a mech. I have yet to start on these really new ones like mercedes and others. I also haven't really touched the dual blader. All of these things make me interested in coming back. New content is always fun for me in a game I spent 5 years playing. I'm glad to say that I haven't spent any money and I have not spent as much time on the game. This is possible for me because I don't have as many connections or obligations and it makes the game more fun and casual for me.