Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I have been away from Maplestory since Cannoneers, and browsing forums these days make me happy I managed to put this game behind me.

1. STOP STREAMLINING EVERYTHING JESUS CHRIST. An example is towns, they have no longer any point with the portal than can take you to the taxi that is literally a 10 SECOND walk away.
    2. New classes will give the game a temporary boost in population, but not for long. Stop releasing new classes.
    3. Don't give said classes a hurricane skill, use your imagination goddamn.
    4. Each class needs uniqueness, they are incredibly similar as of now. Especially when Pirates (corsairs) become revamped.

5. And most of all. Potential, what the heck. What. The. Heck. Stop it.

If I were to come back I'd need a server or the whole thing to disable potential and the nebulite system. Enhancement scrolls or enhancement wards need to disappear as well. Nerf everything to the point where Zakum is un-soloable. Remove hurricane from classes where it don't belong. Wollah.

2. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Although I play JMS still, I have to say a few things I've noticed that applies to both versions:

1) Get rid of MTS. It's horrible. It used to be useful for trading high value items for actual NX/NP, but now it's just a second storage for people. Most people trade outside of MTS for NX or some other type of currency (In the case of JMS, it's WebMoney). Almost nothing is sold on MTS. As a result, people place EVERYTHING in MTS as a second storage. There's a severe lack of Mastery Books on less populated servers because everyone who has something, stuffs it into MTS to rot.

2) Speaking of Mastery Books, get rid of them, or make them 100% Guaranteed. If not removing them, make Mystery Mastery Books class based, instead of "LOL MASH EVERY MASTERY BOOK EVER INTO ONE RANDOM POT LUCK OF HELL!" Just add MH20/30 to every class's Mystery Master Books and problem solved. I don't care if it's just Warrior/Magician/Thief/Pirate/Archer MMBs, and that's how it's divided, but right now getting a MB you need is nearly impossible without buying it. This would also reduce the cost of MH significantly, because it would be much easier to get, and it would make the entire freaking system less aggravating. I stopped leveling my Evan because I couldn't find any MBs for him, so most of my skills were sitting at 10 because I have nothing to level. It's insane. That system needs a significant revamp.

3) New Real Content. STOP RELEASING CLASSES! Almost everyone in these forums was in agreement that Mikhail is not only the dumbest addition ever, but completely and utterly unnecessary. How can Nexon not see this? It's mind boggling. We need more 120+ Content (Probably closer to 140+). With it, they should add some real quest lines. Future Ereb did a good job, but it doesn't last long enough. It was really good in the EXP department though. They just need more areas with more compelling things to do instead of "Kill X" or "Collect Y." I know they can do it...they just need to try.

4) Real bosses. Akyrum and that new EllinForest Fairy boss (name escapes me) are both examples of what NOT to do with bosses. Having a boss kill you 24/7 with no penalty is stupid and unnecessary. It makes the boss boring and pointless. The new Fairy boss is just plain stupid. Every 10 seconds you're locked out of attacking for another 20-30. She has TWO locking skills. What the hell is that? How do they find that fun? *Attack -> Lock -> Buff -> Lock -> Attack x2 -> Lock -> Attack -> Lock -> Attack -> Lock -> Buff -> Lock -> Repeat* is not fun. At all. Nexon LOVES the locking skills, and they need to stop. That pomegranate is just absolutely unnecessary. It makes the bosses unappealing, boring, and just plain stupid. Leave that concept behind. Same goes with Akyrum, a boss who dying has no point, so why should you bother caring about what you do? Just attack until it happens to kill you. That's not fun either.

5) Stop flaunting Potential (Never gonna happen, but I can ask can't I?). JMS alone has like 7 different types of cubes now. STOP. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP. We get it, you like money. Try inventing some more interesting systems that aren't so absolutely game breaking, but provide some extra fun for people who pay. A cool idea JMS implemented is Premium Mini Dungeons. You can buy a ticket in the Cash Shop, and then go to any regular MD. There's an NPC that lets you activate the Premium mode. In it you get better drops, more exp, etc. It's not game-breaking, outside of the fact that it pomegranates Maple Weapons, but there's so many of those around that it doesn't really matter. It's a cool upgrade for people who pay, but doesn't really impact the economy that much, and doesn't have any long term effects. That's a decent use of the Cash Shop (Not the best, but it's WAY BETTER than Potential Cube spam). The only problem so far is that JMS likes to make it a time-limited event, and the tickets are only in the Cash Shop like once every three months. Make it a permanent system and you'll probably get some good income off of it.

6) Stop Copy-Pastaing events. Even in JMS this is an issue, but it's far larger in GMS. "EVOLUTION RING 1615019025491029540192501295 EVENT GO!" It's stupid. Do you guys really have that much of a lack of ideas and innovation that you cannot even come up with a new and compelling event, and have to rehash the same ones 100 times over?

7) Stop Copy-Pastaing code. The amount of times I've seen the same bugs and problems popup in JMS is ridiculous. It's absolutely mind boggling. I've seen 15-stat Zakum Helms drop about 10 times now since I started playing again back in 2010. JMS is supposed to drop a 4-stat Upgradeable Zakum Helm. How do you make that same exact mistake more than once or twice? Right now in JMS Quest items drop from quests that don't exist because they changed some in JMS. That's happened at least as many times as the Zakum helm thing. Cracks of Time sometimes are randomly unstackable. Takos suddenly give 8 atk instead of 20 all the time. Random items have Korean names at random times. All these things would be prevented if you actually paid attention to what you were copying in terms of code, instead of just smashing it into the JMS code and hoping it works. I've seen similar complaints in GMS, so it's not just JMS either.

8) As others have said, GM activity. Even in JMS it is non existent (to my knowledge). The only time either ShiKage or I have seen a GM is during JMST. I never saw one in the 6ish months I played KMS either. Hell, vaccers in JMS trade in plain sight. I'm not kidding. Twice I've witnessed hackers swarming to a single channel, and trading massive amounts of items via drop trading to a single character at Krus. Channel 1 both times. All the GMs need to do is sit there for a couple of hours and they'd see it happen, and they could ban the whole swarm of them at once. It's insane that they don't. It just feeds the belief that the GMs do not exist anymore. They used to(Way back in '05 I watched someone get banned in JMS, but that doesn't happen anymore), but they don't anymore.

These are all things I think they should be doing, but don't. Sorry, kind of a wall of text.

3. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I think a better question would be what would make new players join? People who left aren't likely to come back.

4. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

They're really one in the same.

People who are looking to join will hear about all the same problems we all have: No GM activity, too p2w, etc. Those are all huge turn offs for people, and as a result stop new players from joining. Essentially, people who left just spread the word of what's wrong with the game, and stop new people from joining. If they fixed those things, we wouldn't have anything bad to say about the game unless we just didn't like the gameplay, which is purely based upon opinion so you can't change that anyway.

5. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Sorry, my sarcasm detector just isn't working right today. The one time i don't bother with that extended warranty...

I can't tell,but if you are being sarcastic and think I'm asking for a bit too much: I have played F2P games with free, though limited shops. Two even had free access to an auction house that sells stuff while you're offline:, one only allows 3 items to be put in at any one time, with a cash shop item extending it to 10 items for a month (WonderKing): The other has a completely free one where I've dumped over 30 items in a day once. (LaTale)

Though, to be fair: i think the normal shop permit price is just fine. 2$ for 3 months is good enough... the price of the afk merchants, not so much.

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

I wasn't being sarcastic at all.
    To be fair I haven't played too much MMO's but the ones I've played never asked me to pay real money to get a shop in the game.
    Such as Ragnarok, NosTale and some other I can't recall at the moment.

7. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Yeah, most monster attacks are undodgeable unless you get out of their range which makes for poor gameplay. About the cooldown, 1 min might seem much but if it's balanced by increased regen, it should be enough to allow people take some hits over a larger time period but kill them if they don't dodge and get hit multiple times in a short while. Another thing is that bosses one hitting you if you haven't hp washed is stupid beyond belief. One hits should only happen if you do something dumb, like walk into a telegraphed attack or something.

Totally agree. I want to play a side-scrolling MMO instead of a sell high/buy low simulator.

8. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

if anything they should make it like Dragon nest and let people auction like 5 things maximum per day (or 20 items per week?) via NPC and then have an NX purchase to SELL more things for a longer period of time via store.

9. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

If the community was at least somewhat decent and the game was actually managed instead of being left in autopilot on a path straight to hell I might give it a shot again.

10. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

This game is in such a deep hole that the only way to fix it is a complete reboot. That would only be a temporary fix unless Nexon changes the way it operates as a company. If they maintained their games properly, I'm sure more people would be willing to spend NX. Instead, they are only interested in making a quick buck while ignoring what is best for them in the long-term.

11. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Wipe the server.
    No more Nexon.
    Remove potential.
    Auction house.

So never.

12. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

Cash shop to be aesthetics only, MAYBE gachapon, and merchants.
    Customer service, not this automated BS.
    GMs that do their job.
    More open relationship from Nexon with the community.

13. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

haven't quit but i'd like to be able to say nexon and customer service without either laughing or crying..

14. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Thousands of pqs! Long pqs. Multi-party pqs. Duo-pqs. PQS!

Change free market to be like runescape's grand exchange, i.e. set up option to sell X for Y price, anyone in the world can buy that if they choose to buy for said price.

15. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I don't think it's possible, but:
    -Make it so it's possible to improve your character in the game through time spent hunting items or doing bosses, without spending tons of NX cash or hours roaming the Free Market (this is very broad and probably covers things like potential, duped items, hacking and botting).
    -Make the Free Market a less backwards-ass concept.
    -Real customer service and responsive moderation of the game.

16. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Traits system.

17. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Expanding on this, I'd like to see more traits, or more bonuses from existing traits. Insight is currently pretty much useless aside from the ability to reveal hidden potential for free (and even then, it takes so much effort to get it to that stage anyway). I'd like more boss fights similar to Pink Bean, in that they consist of multiple stages. Jump quests during boss fights was something that was hinted at back in 2009 regarding a Masteria expansion (I think it was Prose?), I think that'd be really interesting. Sort of like the Geist Balrog in APQ but more difficult/more strategy.

There are a few 'good' boss fights in MS, but none of them are high level. Balrog in Sleepywood is a pretty fun one, aside from having to wait 10 minutes at the start.

It's frustrating knowing that MS has a lot of potential (tragic pun) but it's all wasted with Nexon being in charge. Maybe at some point I'll sit down and make a full list of all the things that'd be really fun that could be implemented. Though there is a thread for that already, and there are already tons of great suggestions.

18. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

When maplestory finally starts to criple I'll purchase it, revamp it, and hire eos/fiel as GM's with a reasonable programmer salary.

19. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

I'll hold you to that.

20. Default Re: To those who've quit: What would make you come back?

Maplestory is too broken, all the hacks everywhere makes me sick, I'd rather not come back. Maybe if I got a pet Flygon or dragon like Toothless. Or superpowers