IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Seems like we need a thread specifically devoted to this.

Post screenshots or replays of games here that you lost (or even won) and wondering what you could've done to improve it. I personally will try to nitpick your item build, and if you post a Youtube video I can critique your gameplay (although admittedly I'm not the best person to do that). Hopefully there's other people who can critique LoLreplay videos .

2. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

"practice last hitting" and "ward more" are going to come up often.

3. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Replace sad with bad.

Optionally can replace "awesome" with "a carry".

PS: Wards are actually counter productive because chances are, you aren't using them right, dohoho.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Not sure if srs or just aynia >.>

5. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

I've yet to see someone from here use wards correctly. It's sad to watch.

Key examples :

Warding the bush at top/bot
    Warding dragon without a follow up ward at tribush.
    Warding dragon in such a way that the path from blue is not visible

These are the most common mistakes I see, and it's a great way to blow 75 gold on something that isn't being used in an optimal matter.

Don't even get me started on when nocturne enters the picture, yo. Don't even. :(

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

That's rich, coming from you .

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Whats this about nocturne? Although i agree a ward in the river bush its a colossal waste, at least the ward around dragon helps better (Blue path visibility or not, although i need to test how to get that one).

1 Ward its better than no ward, besides not every jungle knows that ganking from tribush can be a lot better (Only recently knew about it , that and i have recently seen people coming from the tri lately so i have gotten used to ward it)

And whats this about nocturne?

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Nocturne can gank from farrrrrrrrr away.

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

NOTTTTT that far away, i sometimes get pretty sad from his range. Honestly Mantheon/TF/Shen have a better ganking range than noc >.>

10. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Started playing a few days ago, was complete crap, now I'm okay but still a long way to go. Still practicing last hitting (only getting 25~ by 10minutes). Just hit level 7 so I know it'll be a little easier at 30 when I get my runes + mastery up so my early game base damage is better.

I usually talk to my friends on what to improve on but the newest thing I'm having real problems with is team fights. Not sure if I'm even using the term right, but it's during late game when it's 3v3 or 4v5 or anything like that. I always end up dying and wasting any opportunities to help out. Here's some info + what I think i need to do

- Right now using vayne because she's free this week but I'm mostly playing AD carries only. Friends recommended miss fortune, caitlyn, graves, vayne, teemo, kag'maw
    - When we start the 3v3 or 5v5 or whatever, I keep forgetting

A. Auto attack keeps working and I only have to click once. I keep clicking over and over and end up hitting random crap, or end up going right into the middle of everything and dying. What should I be doing here?

B. I always forget to use my HP potion

Any general advice for team fights that would make me helpful instead of doing 10% to one champion and end up dying?

11. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

You right click your target and let shots/arrows/whatever fly, with regard to your surroundings to avoid taking damage.

12. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

So, honest question that i want answered for at least a Jungler-Top-Mid-ADCarry point of view: Enemy start getting HP items what do?

No really im serious, this whole tankydps meta bullpomegranate gets on my nerves and my brain always enters "DUHHHHH" mode whenever one of those bastards appears.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Don't right click the ground.

Focus the person nearest to you, even if it's the tank, unless there's a squishy that's pretty low that's reachable to you.

Always stay in the back. Don't bother poking the enemy before teamfights.

That's my general rules for ad carry.

14. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

when to buy wards (gonna follow meta's lanes):

every laner should always go back with more gold than the cost of the items you want because its pretty much always a good idea to buy 1-3 health pots and 1-3 wards (3 only support). BUT dont stick around your lane at 100 hp (unless you can safely farm under tower or something).

1. top lane
    ~1 each b
    if you b more often than ward expiration, just buy 1 and save it for when your current ward runs out or ward enemy buffs or something
    if you really need your jungle to gank and you know where the enemy warded, buy a pink (if jungler hasnt bought oracle)

2. mid lane
    unfortunately, you need 2 wards up most of the time. shoot for buying 2 wards any time you dont already have 2 out, and a couple health pots.

3. bot lane support
    if you have the 850 or w/e for your next gp10, its more important for you to buy the major component and 2-3 wards. and having boots1 is more important than that major component. keeping your ranged ad safe (and yourself) is more important than your income. (im often guilty of not buying enough wards when i play support)

4. bot lane ranged ad
    try to have enough left over for 1 ward and 2 pots every time you b
    -if the lane is rough your item and health pots are more important
    -if your support had the wards covered that round dont have 2 at a time

idk about jungle, i dont like it or play it

where to ward is covered in that other help thread..

also, @Kaasoljoyyx, i decided to bind attack move to my mouse scroll wheel... i can never get into the habit of using attack move but it can be really helpful when you derp a click so you dont walk straight into the enemy team. default is a or shift - right click.

15. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

- AD positioning in teamfights how2do
    - when to take red how2do
    - when to invade how2do (sorta, I can grasp this concept)

16. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

-on anyone but ashe, let your team initiate. sit at back ish of team and always be shooting. pay attention to focus priorities but dont pineapple yourself trying to kill squishies. on ashe, make sure your team is near enough to capitalize on arrows.
    -after the first couple reds, ask jungle any time you see it up
    -let your jungler decide that and be there to back him up

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Protect your AD carry (or if you're the AD carry, stay wayyyyyy in the back).

Positioning: see other post.

Red: Take it if you're the AD carry, and it's like the 3rd red lizard that spawned.

Invade: When you know the jungler is on the opposite side of the map. If you see him at top, take his bot stuff. If you know that jungler starts at blue and you can start at red, start at his red. Ward the enemy jungle.

18. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Can you rephrase this? I think you're talking about what my friends tried to teach me yesterday which they called "A-Clicking" where I press A then right click to attack mobs, instead of just regular right clicking. I still don't know the full advantages of doing that though i.e. I don't see the difference yet

And do you mean to change "A-Clicking" to my mouse wheel?

19. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

A-Clicking its regular moving, but if your champ happens to see a enemy champ/minion he will stop moving and start attacking that target. Regular clicking, your champ will first reach his target destination then start attacking anything that is nearby.

A-clicking is useful for kiting or poking, also for when an enemy tries to juggle going into bushes and pomegranate.

20. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

- I need to better deal with my jungle being invaded/invading the enemy jungle.
    - When/how to gank
    - Ward usage
    - General map awareness

I'm usually pretty good at last hitting but I can pineapple up sometimes on champions whose animations I'm unfamiliar with.

OT: By the way, Corn: With the changes to the jungle, Amumu's not nearly as reliant on blue as he used to be. Big wolf/wraith/golem gives mana now, which helps.