Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

-Depend on the lane, your champ and the champ on that lane. Usually its better if the one on the lane initiates the fight and you follow up. Also remember there are several paths to ganks. In the end i gank whenever i see the lane to be in the middle or near our tower so i have the best amount of time to hit the enemy.

-Depends on your team, if bot and top ward correctly (Near Baron/Dragon, also tribushes are a good place to ward), then you can ward places like the enemy jungle to track his jungler movements or help mid warding since he needs 2 wards to cover both sides.

-This one is difficult, usually you want to have one eye in the map and another in your champ, or you could have both in the map and as soon you see a enemy near you, focus on your champ. But still its better to have 1 on the map so you can see if the enemy its getting reinforcements or not.

2. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

yes, exactly
    if youve played any rts's, its the attack ground command... where you tell a group "move here, but attack anything in your way first"
    as opposed to "go here"

and yeah i suggest rebinding a to mouse wheel, it works for me cuz i dont like to move my fingers off qwer unless im using items

3. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

How do you bind to mouse wheel? Can you do it in-game or does it have to be done in input.ini?

4. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

in game, under esc menu -> rebind keys
    1. highlight command you wish to rebind
    2. push button you want to set command to

(lol yeah nothing special)

i only have a 3-button mouse, but the code is obviously optimized for more cuz it says mouse button 3

edit: oh, there are 2 similar commands: shift-click and a. a is the one i use.

5. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Oh, I wasn't sure if LoL supported more than two mouse buttons. What's the official name of the command? Attack-move?

6. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

I never played an RTS before (don't even know what it stands for). So what happens in these situations (assuming i changed it to mouse wheel)

- Press mouse wheel --> Left click = ???
    - Press mouse wheel --> Right click = ???

When clicking empty space vs a minion

7. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

starcraft, warcraft, command and conquer, age of empires... Real Time Strategy / rts

i have it set to press mouse wheel -> attack ground
    left/right click same things
    dont need combination of buttons here

but you could rebind whats on shift to mouse wheel, and then itd be mouse wheel + right click -> attack ground
    i actually dont remember what shift + left click is... if its anything. it isnt useful.

see below

best thing is to experience it yourself, make an empty custom game and mess around with some key bindings. its really very intuitive and im not conveying it well here (i guess).

uhh yeah there are two, one is like "attack-move" and the other is like "attack-move on click". default bind is a and shift respectively.

"player attack move click" (shift + right click [mouse button 2]) = attack ground
    "player attack move" (a) = attack ground to where you click
    ^default bindings
    shift + mouse button 2 can be rebound to just mouse button 3 or another key, imo its the useful one

8. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Is it absolutely necessary I learn how to play with unlocked camera? I just can't get used to it at all. Best I can do is unlock it when I need more vision when chasing/defending and that's still not easy for me.

9. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

Interesting. Gonna have to try doing this.

10. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Can't you just keep the camera unlocked then press spacebar when you need to keep the camera locked onto you?

11. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Yes, but i can't get used to it still T_T I plan to just practice in custom games over and over until I can do it. I just can't seem to get the camera on a good scene of the battle. And if i do, it usually gets ruined by me moving the mouse somewhere off screen.

12. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Should try to carry fundamentals into practice vs. actually saying it. Because most of us won't. And usually mid lane doesn't need to ward because of presence of warding from top and bottom lanes. If you need to ward, do it because you're getting pressured, not because you're mid lane.

13. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

very bad mindset
    there are very few instances where a jungler would walk directly up/downriver through their wards and try 2 ganks directly in a row without clearing something from some jungle first.
    besides, you can place your wards so they cover other areas you would have no info about from other lanes' wards.

14. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

bad bad bad bad bad do not do this

Ward near your wraiths, ward other jungle entrances. Information is key.

15. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Just to add onto what modular said, sometimes the ganker can come from directly in front of you (in the grass), and sometimes the ganker can come from directly behind your turret.

Also, moment of the week V

16. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

On the ward vs ganker debate, don't know if anyone saw this http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...1-How-to-Gank/, some common paths that junglers can take to gank depending on what champ is and whats the situation in the lane.

Honestly speaking in my opinion, at least 4-6 wards must be on the map to cover all the bases of where is it possible to track the movements of the enemy jungler. (Entering from one jungle to the other of course)

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

So to save some lolmoolah as mid I only keep one side warded. When I'm laning, I try to stay near that side. If they try to gank from the other side, well, it should be too far for them to gank if I'm not entirely overextended. I can also obviously see if they're coming from the side that I warded.

18. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

With all this pro-ward advice I'd like to say that you can definitely overdo it and WASTE, yes waste, gold on wards or health/mana potions. Some champions need it a lot more then others to ward their lane. Malzahar or Morgana can for example usually stay wardless, while still safely farming. If you do ward make sure it pays for itself by being more aggressive, stealing enemy objectives like enemy wraiths in mid. That way you make your own money back and set the enemy back, but when you've 3 wards around mid you should know you're doing something wrong. I usually only ward tri-bushes and the path to wraiths, which has worked fine for me so far. This doesn't include the support ward for when you're getting zoned by a Taric/Alistar/Leona or a dragon/blue/red ward for easier stealing. This is all from a laning perspective, because it gets a bit too situational afterwards.

19. Default Re: The HEY HOW CAN I IMPROVE Thread

Yeah, if I'm top or mid I have two wards, if I'm support I have... a lot. I don't buy wards that often on ADs but I haven't played one in a while.

20. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

1 Ward per champ minus the carry should be enough to not overdo it.

Having the river fully warded should make gankings from it (The river) impossible, and quite possible jungle invasions too.