Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

Audio is pretty subjective. Not that there can't be objective parameters by which headphones can be compared, but that still doesn't dictate what a listener likes and what he likes to like.

Regardless, you'd want to check the identity of your sound card, update drivers (if any), use a proper media player (e.g. VLC) with equalizer and meddle around for any improvements. Cross check with other headphones. Cross check with other songs/music genres. Cross check everything to find the culprit.

2. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

I don't know if you're kidding or just a bad troll.

Every one of those makes me want to puke.

You clearly have no idea on what you're talking about as proved by Keith a couple posts up. Also, most of the DJs, musicians, producers, etc, use the ATH-M50s because of the sound they produce, not because they're sponsoring brands. Like when some of them use Beats or Skullcandies or Turtle Beaches. Also, FYI, Cheap model != high-end models, even if they're the same brand; your argument is invalid. That's like comparing Sony's 5 bucks earbuds/earphones with the MDR-7560. They are LEAGUES apart.

Yeah, we can agree on that.

There you said it yourself. MODEL != brand quality. I'm not gonna even try further.

There you have the reasons why Beats are bad and a rip-off.

3. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

Gonna just pick out a random one.
    Probably the dumbest one of the list, the M&M ones.
    Here are the specs for the Beats, a la Keith. (115 dB and 20-20000 Hz)

Here are the specs for the M&M ones.. (99 dB)

Apple headphones: (109 dB)

da fu nig.

4. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

2 Reasons:

1. Never use 360p Youtube video's for audio quality, Youtube switches to a higher sound quality from 480p and up (1080p is even better but it's really close to 480p).

SKRILLEX - Bangarang - 1080p

2. Buy a real soundcard if you want QUALITY music, not a 2 dollar on-board chip. Since you like base more then treble, go Creative. Creative Recon3D USB for example (connects via USB, easy to install) Excellent Base, Mid, Treble and SNR.

Good luck! :)

5. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

Fix'd.

6. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

You want wobbles, but not Skrillex wobbles?

I can do that!

7. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

emm since this is about headsets, I just ordered these last week and they'll arrive sometime this week. I wanted to know what you guys thought of them as far as quality is concerned.

Spoiler

8. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

You can't tell someone that Beats are bad when they like over-saturated bass. Me, I'll wait until I get the leeway to get a nice pair of Q701's and a decent amp.

9. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

You just wasted a hundred dollars on a logo.

I'm seriously tempted to order a pair of those M&M headphones @Locked: linked earlier. They've got some pretty great specs for the price.

But yeah, if you're going to be using a headset setup
    go with a USB desktop microphone and wireless headphones. Or wired. Your choice.
    I always go with wired, because pineapple transmission delays.
    The mic I linked has great sound pickup, and the microphone that I use is the one that I linked. I've owned the thing for almost five years now, not a single problem with it yet.

When you use a headset, you have the problem of
    A.) If you're in an application that detects voice, or sound, to transmit audio, odds are, it'll pick up your breathing. Unless you're some kind of zen pineappleing master at keeping your breath and heart rate steady during SUPER STRESSFUL ONLINE COMPETITIVE GAMING, you might be in trouble with that. I know I've left a few games in the past because of OH HOLY pomegranate THIS HEAVY BREATHING JESUS CHRIST MAKE IT STOP

B.) Leaving it plugged in to charge decreases overall battery life.

C.) Those goddamn things are designed to break. "Gaming" headsets are the biggest pineappleing scam in the world. They invariably make the joints for the microphone boom out of shoddy materials, and after half a year of use, the thing invariably snaps off, past the return date, obviously. If they weren't built to break they wouldn't have a business, because people would only buy one and be done with the company forever.

But hey, at least they look cool, right? Enjoy it while it lasts.
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blast...owViewpoints=1

Because, looking at some of these reviews, it's not going to last very long.
    If I were you, I'd try and get a refund before even opening the box. They're built out of cheap plastic.

10. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

Jeesus, I knew there would be a lot of hate, but this thread became a war... I hope you all realize I got these for free, right? Anyways thanks a lot for the support. Gonna be looking into a sound card, maybe. I know I have generic realtek audio, and if your wondering my laptop is an ASUS K53SV-XR1.

11. Default Re: Beats by Dre Bass issue..?

I got a pair of Sennheisers. Greatest ever.