1. Default Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

THATS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK

3. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

I may not like EA, but those poor bastards need to talk to someone else.

4. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

I think this is gonna be the unique time I'm gonna see a soccer picture in the frontpage in SouthPerry :monocle

5. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

how would fifa online be any fun you can just cheat with lag shoot and win

6. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

how would any sport game be any fun?

7. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

-->The Madden NFL series in America sells pretty damn well. Not that I play it.

Lol Nexon trying to extend their grip into sports games.

8. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

It's not because a game sells well that it's good. Look at Call of Duty.

9. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

FIFA Soccer meets Maplestory = Backyard Soccer. Meh.

10. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Yeah, how dare people like games that I don't.

I mean you just do the same thing over and over while getting better and better at it, how could that possibly be fun? Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go play my personal favorite genre of games (jrpg/rpg/action games/anything else) where I do the same actions over and over while getting better at them.

I mean really, who could have fun any other way that isn't mine? That's a pretty ridiculous claim.

11. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Seems like the perfect reason to rollout Sports Day top and bottoms.

12. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Want to play sports? Go play real sports instead of a video game of it that have, most of the time, horrible gameplay.
    Want to wack monsters and people around with a sword and be a badass? Just go and do it in real li- wait what?

Casual gamers these days.

13. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Are you implying that sports games are a recent thing with that "these days"? Because it wasn't too long ago that sports games were alongside fighting games as "things for hardcore gamers".

I also like your little jab at how sports games have (most of the time) horrible gameplay, yet that isn't even mentioned with other types of games. Good thing sports games are the only ones that can have bad gameplay, unlike my hardcore games of Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, which are intrinsically better since they involve things that are not possible to do in real life. Maybe developers should just stop making games based on things people can do in real life completely. I mean really, who would want to play a racing game when they could just try to get into Nascar and do it in real life? Or play Minecraft when there's perfectly good dirt, stone and wood outside that they could use to build or dig/mine/chop through?

This is literally the equivalent of someone complaining that non-fiction books are dumb/boring because it's not as interesting as fantasy or other fiction books. Do you not understand how different people can be interested in different things, or are you understanding this but being condescending and smug because "they like something I think is boring or stupid because my way is obviously better so they must be a bit slow"?

14. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

answers in bold.

15. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Why so much arguing over a freaking sports game..people like sports, this brings in a bigger demographic. Hell, if they made Madden Online and I got a few friends I might play it. You don't have to like sports games to like sports games. If you never did this, grab 4 friends, rent Madden or something, act like idiots and you'll have a blasty blast. But @Andross is right, people have different interests, it doesn't mean anything because it can be done in real life. Look at Harvest Moon. It's hugely successful yet I can go by myself a farm and do it for real, but I don't want too. Same could be said for sports games(not hunting because IDC how into hunting you are those are just god awful).

16. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

So you try to make a point but in the last sentence, you contradict yourself. I wanted to take your post seriously ;_;

17. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

Ugh, I hate it when people answer within the quote. Is it really that hard to break it up with some [/quote], or better yet just respond beneath it? It's a discussion, not some class assignment where you have to refute each and every point.

As far as what you said, I don't really understand your responses. First off, are you trying to say that competitively, people never played sports games? That's pretty wrong, and says a lot about you in general. Going back, there weren't too many different types of things you could have at tournaments or competitions, and half of the games used FPSs like Doom, Quake, or Counter-Strike. Most of the rest were fighting games like MvC or Street Fighter, hell, there were even KoF and other games there too. Other ones would have sports games, almost always Madden, but occasionally some Baseball game. You can't actually deny this happened.

I'm pretty sure most sports games actually control and feel pretty good, especially big titles like Madden of MLB, given that they've been basically releasing the same base principle for over half a decade (some more than a decade if I remember correctly) at this point. All they can do is tighten up the controls, AI, graphics, and game in general since they can't exactly bring in many new things to it. The main interest in sports is not the physical aspect of it. Your main interest in sports might be, but believe it or not playing a sports game is about a lot more than just the physical part, which is something you'd know if you'd ever seriously played one. And don't give me the "but but but I have played them a few times" that I know you're already thinking of, I'm talking about putting just as much time into one that you put into your other games. I'd respond to your thing about children's toys, but that doesn't actually make any sense. Are you trying to say kids don't like to play with toys about sports? Because there's this entire little company called Nerf that produces things which get kids running around that might disagree with you.

Basically, I don't know why I'm still responding because you literally just typed "I perfectly understand that people can like different things" and then said that I "didn't give you a good reason" as to why other people like it. If you really can't understand why that sentence is such a huge contradiction then there's no reason for me to respond after this because you are figuratively plugging your ears and yelling "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

Edit:

Hahaha holy crap, way to miss the entire point

18. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

19. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

You know what? I am going to pull "the classic 'there's no reason for me to answer, I win the argument'", because this is the second time now that you've responded to me with a one or two sentence response on cherry-picked sections of what I've written. It's pretty obvious that you're just arguing for the sake of arguing and not because you don't understand what's being said, rather I really hope that's what you're doing because I don't want to believe that anybody is so incapable of getting what they want to say across.

In this last post, your first "rebuttal" added absolutely nothing at all to this conversation. Saying that we might be thinking of different meanings of the same word is a complete non-statement in a discussion if you're going to refuse to even admit that you had the wrong idea or confirm what I'm saying. All this "trying to attack you" thing meant is that you pretty obviously have no idea what competitive gaming even meant 10-15 years ago, which because of your latest addition is supported by how you don't recognize that hardcore can both be used to describe games being played in a competitive scene, the people playing it, and the game itself in addition to its other uses.

And while I'm on the subject of missing the point, why yes I did miss the point of kids toys. That is because you are completely awful at getting what you want to say across in a manner that isn't condescending proverbial vomit. Case in point: you couldn't even be bothered to reconfirm what your point was in this because you very likely don't even have a point. I'll try again. Is "sports games" in that last "You missed my point since sports games DO NOT get you running around" referring to video games about sports, or about kids' toys involving sports? If it's the former then you don't have a point and are also an idiot because no video game will get you "running around". If it's the latter, you are an idiot and you also cannot read because my last sentence there pretty clearly gave an example of an entire company that's whole existence hinges on you being wrong.

And just for posterity or for anyone else who reads this, since I already know you can't actually get it through your head:
    So yes, I am now trying to attack you because you are acting like a thick-headed doofus. You have made no valid points so far at all. You don't get to completely ignore what people say to you and then claim you're just having a debate.

20. Default Re: Nexon, EA in talks regarding distribution partnership, not merger - report

The best part about this whole thing is that I don't even like playing video games about sports in the first place.