1. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Default Just dled Steam for the first time.

I downloaded it to get Nexuiz but I have to say as a game delivery platform I'm very impressed.
    It suprised me on how it's updating in the background my games.

also could anyone recommend me some games.

I'm considering getting the orange box but I don't know if I should just get portal alone instead.

I'm into adventure,rpg,action and fighting games.

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Orange Box is a great deal.
    Just Half Life 2 it's well worth it, but not only that but Portal too it's just an awesome bargain, completly recommend it.
    Bastion it's another game I would recommend.
    Limbo it's another great adventure/platform game.

3. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Bastion is on sale right now.
    BUY IT.
    Amazing story and soundtrack + it's an Action adventure game with some RPG elements.
    Spoiler

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Orange Box also includes a copy of TF2 I believe, which is epic.

You could try Left 4 Dead 2 if you like zombies, but it's kind of dying down.

Portal 2 is a must-get.

There's also Skyrim if you don't have it already.

5. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

But TF2 is free already.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

The free edition doesn't have some stuff ie no trading, your backpack size is limited, etc. etc.

7. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Which you can fix by just using less than a buck in the ingame store. f3
    Buying orange box for that is a waste and portal is often free/on sale and HL2 is on sale pretty often too.
    I personally don't see the plus of the orange box anymore.

And since it's f2p he can try it without buying the orange box just to find out he actually doesn't like TF2 at all.

Also, it's almost late june/early july in which steam often have a HUUUUGE steam sale, i'd wait with buying a ton of games till then.

8. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

If you aren't in a rush to fill your library i would honestly wait for a sale. That's the best/worst part about steam, their awesome sales. They make you buy games you don't need.

As well as the free to play section there are a few more free games hidden away on steam such as Alien Swarm for example.

9. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Been a member only since June '09, and somehow my library says I have 172 games... Yeah, the sales get me, but I'm pretty sure at least 40 of those are genesis games that I got on sale for a grand total of $6 for the lot. I'd say maybe 45 of those I have never touched. Over half of which also being those genesis games.

...FFFFFfff.... In checking the actual library number, I now see more genesis sets. Curse unemployment at a time like this.

Anyway, yeah, great deals for cheap gamers; not so great when you don't have a stable enough income to drop $15 at a moment's notice.

Also recommending Bastion WITH THE SOUNDTRACK! The Breath of Death/Cthulhu Saves the World pair is an amusing set of retro RPGs for a very low price. Terraria was fun, but the fanbase is more or less dead and waiting for the spiritual sequel. Might be fun on your own, but I think it'd be better with more people. I think the Overlord games were pretty good too; like Pikmin with dark humor and more RPG elements. And Phychonauts was a great adventure platformer IF you have a controller to use. I suppose I could go on, but more or less just keep an open mind and an open eye for sales. Also pay attention to HumbleBundles as they give Steam keys sometimes with the set.

10. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Here is something for you steam users. Join the Rockstar group and you will get Midnight Club 2 for free. Doesn't work on Vista or 7 but apparently you can patch it so it will.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/rock...78427175199696

11. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Get Portal 2 if you're interested. It's 66% off until the 14th.

12. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

He might as well buy the portal bundle :)
    Awesome games.

13. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

Wait until the summer sales. Prepare to give Gaben your wallet.

I recommend Serious Sam and Torchlight. Getting T2 on a pre-order gives you the first one.

14. Default Re: Just dled Steam for the first time.

I would say get the Valve: Complete Pack during summer, they usually stick it on sale. I think I got it for 50 dollars last year? Yeah, Half Life 1-2 w/ all expansions. That alone is worth it, and then with all the extra junk like Portal 2 and all that it's a great deal. Hopefully they put it on sale, it's marvelous.