View Poll Results: What World do/did you play in?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scania

23 15.33%
  • Bera

23 15.33%
  • Broa

18 12.00%
  • Windia

28 18.67%
  • Khaini

21 14.00%
  • Bellocan

7 4.67%
  • Marida

13 8.67%
  • Kradia

6 4.00%
  • Yellonde

3 2.00%
  • Demethos

7 4.67%
  • Galacia

5 3.33%
  • ElNido

8 5.33%
  • Zenith

7 4.67%
  • Arcania

2 1.33%
  • Chaos

1 0.67%
  • Nova

2 1.33%
  • Other Server

11 7.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default What World do you play in?

Forgive me if this is the wrong section, But I didn't see any other posts on this.

What World do you play in on Maplestory (Or played in when you did play).

Did you like that world? Were there defining groups in your world or no?

What did you like/dislike about your world?

Did you have other Southperrians in your world?

Would you of changed worlds if given a free transfer? If so, to what other world?

How bad is/was the economy in your world?

Just wanna see where SouthPerrians lie in the Mapleverse

2. Default Re: What World do you play in?

Zenith hat was the main reason for joining. And no, not really much in the way of groups.

Like: So empty. Dislike: So empty.
    Double edged sword, that one.

Apparently, but most of them have quit the game, or at least the guild, or moved on to another world, sooooo.

Yyyyyep. Probably wherever my IRL buddy that plays the game occasionally goes.

We have at most three FM rooms occupied at any point in time, and all they sell is duped empress gear and overpriced scrolls.

3. Default Re: What World do you play in?

World: Demethos

Pretty much same as Daakun. I like being able to find channels really easily, but PvP, PQs, and bossing is a peach. Also the market is infested with dupers, but there are both good and bad sides to that :/

4. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: What World do you play in?

Seriously man?

It's Galicia, GALICIA! Not friggin Galacia....

Since Galicia is not here, I'll vote for other server...

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

World: Windia all the way. I had a friend who played in Windia, so I joined Windia when I woke up one morning with Maple on my computer after he'd installed it without me knowing.

Groups: Well, there's my guild, and I have a small group of buddies that all know each other.

Like: There's a decently large population, so I can usually find people to talk with when none of my friends are on. It also helps when I want to browse the Free Market, since there's usually at least one person somewhere with whatever I'm looking for.

Dislike: The population also comes with an abundance of morons and jerks, but one must be prepared for that on the internet. There's also an annoying large number of people who seem to have it in their heads that a person is weak if he/she doesn't have a full set of Empress armor.

Other Southperrians: I do notice some on occasion, but I only actually know select a few. There's Death (aka ZeroGravity), Fuzz (mostly a lurker), Yukiko (also a lurker), Kubi (another lurker), Promised (not as much of a lurker), and ShangaiDizzy (who has, sadly, quit playing). Of those listed, only Dizzy and Death aren't guildmates.

Would I transfer?: Nope, I like my friends in Windia too much, plus I wouldn't want to give up all of my character slots and mules there.

Economy: I honestly stopped keeping track when everything worth farming suddenly became impossible for me to obtain because of the anti-botting system. I imagine the economy is pretty bad, but it could have stabilized in the months I've been living off of only 10mil and self-crafted equipment.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Another one of these? Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th one? lol

Regardless, I started Maple in Khaini, and I will finish Maple in Khaini.

7. Default Re: What World do you play in?

The only thing I dislike about Galicia is the small FM.
    Server merching solves that so it's not a big issue.

8. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

this, well atleast the lastest had galicia ... but it has deathmentos too... so...

yellonde is a magic place in the corner of the screen selection only selected people can feel that magic

9. Default Re: What World do you play in?

My friend introduced me to Maple in the 7th grade, and I started a character in Bera in Summer of 06, but then she told me she played in Windia, so I moved there. I met a few people, and my friend eventually quit, and I went off playing solo for a while. Eventually, I started playing with the people I met when I started, and we formed a guild, and when guild alliance came out, we allied with some people, and every guild/alliance I've been in since have just contained mostly the same people, with a few additions.

Generally, I don't pay attention to much that goes on in the world, as I'm mostly just concerned with hanging out or training or chatting with my guild, alliance, and buddies. I do know there's quite a few Southperrians who play in Windia.

I dislike how crowded Windia can be sometimes, but it's nothing you can't solve without a bit of patience, at least when it comes to bossing. I also tend to get training maps a few hours early when there's 2x events. But generally, I love Windia, and I'd probably never leave, though I briefly considered transfering to El Nido, since it's the East Coast server, and I live in Ohio, and I go to school in Quebec.

But yeah, yay Windia <3

10. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

What World do you play in on Maplestory: El Nido.

Did you like that world?: Yeah, I like Nido, even though it is small.

Were there defining groups in your world or no?: Everywhere you go.

What did you like/dislike about your world?:
    Likes: Small (easy to get on dojo top 10, easy to do horntail, etc), friends/guild, less crowded, less hackers

Dislikes: Small FM (less profit/less likely to find what you need), less people to boss with, lots of rude people

Did you have other Southperrians in your world?: Yep.

Would you of changed worlds if given a free transfer? If so, to what other world?: I wouldn't. I like Nido.

How bad is/was the economy in your world?: It sucks. Everything is either too high or too low in price.

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Scania.

I used to hate it for training and such. Now that I'm 200 I don't mind it so much.

I play later at night, and pretty much boss/merch/chat with friends, so any boss is usually free. `Cept empress is a little crowded lately >.>

Mister ShinkuDragon and Mister Bandaids/HappyLight

Would you of changed worlds if given a free transfer? If so, to what other world?
    Nopes. I'm content with where I am.

It's kinda crappy atm >.>

12. Default Re: What World do you play in?

Windia. Because of Alilatias. But I am starting to follow her footsteps too - time to move on a little.

Good: You can find pts for the more popular PQs at most times (note my time zone).
    Bad: Hackers galore! About half the people I meet leaves a bad taste in my mouth, while the rest are ok.I

've not met any other SPians though, and my Guild is virtually non-existant already.

Yeah I'm poor, and have to liquidate so many things just to get an extremely noob set of Empress (idk, idc) for that few WA.

Economy? What's that? Can I eat it?

I'd like to transfer to Diablo III.

Hadriel

13. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

That would be Windia.

Did you like that world?
    I love Windia to bits... well, I loved it, anyway. I was in Bera before it, and it was great, but all I had were one friend and my guild, who I would love to see again if most hadn't quit or the guild didn't disband because of that guild hack years ago.

Were there defining groups in your world or no?
    There was, of course, my guild/alliance. I was also good friends with one of the most respected guilds and some of the most respected people due to legitimacy. I stay away from the groups that consider breaking the game cool. >_>

There was a sense of family in Windia for the most part. Sadly, it's deteriorated because people quit and jerks/hackers keep taking over. It's made me sick of it, honestly. Sadly, this isn't just Windia, so it's not like I can escape it while still playing the game.

Sure did, some are even in my alliance.

Would you have changed worlds if given a free transfer? If so, to what other world?
    I might go back to Bera if given the chance but I wouldn't want to leave my alliance behind... so truthfully, as painful as Windia's become, I'd stay.

Lordy, it was okay at first... now, at least before I stopped playing for the time being, the economy's just horrible. :x

14. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Scania, Khaini, El Nido.

I loved the original Scanian community. I don't know exactly what it was... but it felt like one huge family. Everybody knew everybody. It was close-knit, hardcore legit, hackers were rare, and GMs were there. It eventually got way too crowded and impossible to train without being a douchebag and KSing someone out of a map, so I chose to start over in Khaini when it released.

Again, Khaini's community was... close. For whatever reason, though, it felt like all of the hackers swarmed to Khaini as well, in droves so large the GMs just didn't bother dealing with it anymore. I jumped back and forth between Khaini and Scania for a while and when world transfers were released, moved my bandit over to Khaini... and quit around 2007-2008.

I returned in late 2011 on El Nido. BOY, IS MAPLE DIFFERENT! Dupers and hackers galore, this server is... but apparently the whole game has become such. I came back to play with a friend, and after she added me to her guild/alliance I completely avoided the rest of the community. It terrified me. I took up the mentality that everyone I didn't know was probably a hacker and I didn't want to associate with them.

Scania and Khaini... Technically, no. I left these worlds behind before Southperry existed.
    El Nido, yes, but I have not met most of them. :(

Eh. If anything I would bring my shadower to El Nido from Khaini, but I don't have much of a reason to move anywhere.

I usually avoid FM. When I've gone in looking for something, most of the shops have items up for 2.1b and "OFFER IN MONEYPAK OR NX ONLY." It makes me die a little inside.

15. Default Re: What World do you play in?

World: Mardia

Defining Groups: The Royals, I guess? They're well known. The small guilds that all know each other, too.

Like/Dislike:

I like the nice people, and that it's not overcrowded. It can be hard to find SH parties though.

Not that I know of. Love to meet them though.

Maybe. Probably Windia or Khaini. Something not huge.

It depends on the latest hacks. Sometimes finding rarer items can be hard.

16. Default Re: What World do you play in?

This is a post expressing my utter disgust of you misspelling a world name because it is clearly a huge problem.

Stay classy, folks.

17. Default Re: What World do you play in?

What World do you play in on Maplestory (Or played in when you did play)
    I've played Mardia until my character was wiped and sold to another person under my nose. I moved to El Nido since I live in the east coast

El Nido has a few groups (alliances/guilds), most of us are all right with each other, some are not (I guess, I haven't seen this much and I avoid conflict). We all have friends connected together in these groups, if I'm not mistaken

I like how it's compact, and small. This is also what I don't like as it can be a ghost town at some times of day, I rarely have any PQing buddies on at the same time.

Mazz, MapleCookie, Abbeh, Carlos n,n, LuiPoo, HelloTony, Patt, English (the fuq with these mention tags@)

No, I will not. The connections and friends I've made here are wayyyy too strong for me to even consider that option. I love El Nido, haha.

:33333

18. Default Re: What World do you play in?

What World do/did you play in on MapleStory?

In GMS, I played Bera and Zenith (And Windia and Broa in the beginning, but I don't count them because I didn't play them very long). Now, I play Keyaki, JapanMS and have been for the past 4 years.

What do/did you like/dislike about your world?

Bera used to be a very good server when I played from years 2005 ~ 2008, but there were always issues with high population and KSing (as well as many other issues). The community used to be tolerable, but I feel that is no longer the case. The overcrowding, the high hacker population, the rotten community and such things leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I don't like to play Bera for long periods of time anymore. Zenith... Zenith is just dead.

Keyaki... Keyaki is a very small world. Most people who join complain that it's smaller than any GMS world (they haven't played Zenith, apparently). The small population makes the free market somewhat difficult. There's a bad lack of a robust economy and everyone would rather put all of their items in the MTS rather than in shops in the free market. The value of mesos in Keyaki is next to nothing. Other than that, the community is very much like a large family. Nearly everyone knows each other in some way or another. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Keyaki is easily the best server I've been apart of during my time in MapleStory. Only sometimes do I wish it were more populated.

GMS : Yeah. Tons of people. Keith and Jen are the two I hang out with most when I log in.

JMS : Yep. TKWizard used to play, but he quit after he hit level 200. Polantaris also plays and is an active member. I'm not sure if anyone else in the JMS English community is a Southperry go-er.

In GMS? Nah. I have no reason to. In JMS? If I could have 12 free transfers, enough free character expansions to fit all of my characters and to be able to convince all of my friends to go too, I might move to a more populated server. However, that's... not likely to ever happen. I think a server merge would be a much simpler solution.

It's... very tiny. Rooms 1 ~ 4 usually are full with 5 and 6 having half or less of the map full of shops. 7 is usually full and 8 and 9 usually only have a few shops (sometimes up to half a map). 13 usually has half a map full. 18 is usually full with 19, 20, and 21 with 1 ~ 4 shops in each map and 22 can SOMETIMES have more than 5 shops. Everyone only ever tries to sell things for real life money (through WebMoney) or for NP (through the MTS), so mesos are worthless. 1 billion mesos is worth 1,000 NP/Yen, which disgusts me.

19. Default Re: What World do you play in?

Scania:

Like the FM, usually don't spend long finding what you're after unless it was ultra-rare to begin with. Like the fact that other players are everywhere even if most of them are douchenuts, just makes the server feel more alive and there's usually someone to PQ with at most times if you're okay with randumbs. Dislike that it's a hacker stronghold, dislike the piss-annoying blaggard "elites" in this server and they just happen to control most things. I would not change server.

There are some other SPers knocking around here.

@happylight;
    @ShinkuDragon;
    @¬Rob;
    @TugboatWilly;
    @icephoenix21;

to name 5, for the entire list of Scanians on SP (mostly inactive, check last activity, ignore Locked):

Don't know much about the economy except that it's massive and it can change entirely within hours.

20. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

What World do you play in on Maplestory (Or played in when you did play)?
    I play(ed) in Zenith (I recently decided to quit)

For the most part, I really like the world. The "defining group" would be the people who started when the server was created. Everyone left from that time knows each other by name and we've become a semi-exlusive club.

FM. Nuff said

Apparently, although I don't know any of them in game

Nope. Assuming I was still playing, I would never leave. Even though the economy consists of like 3 people, I would never trade that if it meant I lost all the people I know. Plus, I hated Scania for overcrowding everything. I just wish Nexon could link only FMs of small servers.

The economy is atrocious. At best, we get FM3 half full with 1-5 people in FM7. No one ever spams in FM entrance and if you want any nice items you must make them yourself or import them.

@Daakun; You should realize that not only are dupes patched, but that no one has ever bothered to dupe in Zenith. To the best of my knowledge all the empress gear is legit. I can personally vouch for anything sold by the Calm guild (RoxazFlash mushie) since I've been on all their runs.