Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Default Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

...I wasn't sure if I should post this in Current Events or Shenanigans. They both seem appropriate.

[link]

I honestly thought this was a joke when I first heard about this guy.

2. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

Coming from someone who lives in Wisconsin, No, this isnt a joke. They actually recalled him.

3. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

http://gab.wi.gov/sites/default/file...ndin_20494.PDF

He's listed as a candidate on the ballot, at least. <_<;

(Document can be found at http://gab.wi.gov/elections-voting/results)

4. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

OT: Interesting to see where a "progressive republican" would stand on the issues.

5. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Story of my life for the past year and a half. He was recalled back in January with a submission of just over 1 million recall signatures, coming to roughly twice the amount necessary to force the recall. The election will take place on June 5th and I can't wait to see him kicked out.

6. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

Where ever he stands to make the most profit, duh.

7. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

http://redd.it/smphr

Link to an IAmA this guy did, knew I'd seen that name somewhere before, classy stuff. That's about all I know though.

8. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

True of both parties these days, sadly.

9. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

No kidding. My school lost a bunch of amazing professors who ragequit retired due to all of his bullpomegranate. A lot of my classmates are in a panic/upset because they're supposed to graduate soon but the 400 level classes they still need have no one qualified to teach them, and thus may not be offered at all. The remaining professors have no time to deal with the students outside of class because they're constantly tied up trying to maintain the departments and going to meetings and interviewing potential new professors. :\

It hit a lot of my friends' families really, really hard, too. I've never been so thankful for being a non-resident student. x_x

10. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

What did he do? Cut funding?

On a side note: Texas has Rick Perry and our educational system sucks (except for A&M and Texas Tech <3). I can see why a Republican would cause such problems.

11. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

>Even those places are good.

I have some amigos you would LOVE to meet up with.

12. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

He did a LOT of things, and I admittedly just hung my head and stopped paying attention after a point unless it was in my face or someone posted an article about it on facebook, because ignorance is bliss. :( So some of the other Wisconsonites might be able to enlighten you more/understand the situation better than me.

I know he took away collective bargaining rights across the state. One of breaking points for my professors was when they all lost their healthcare benefits... Which is one of the main reasons people choose a career in education. There was talk about taking away their retirement funds entirely, as well, which is what rushed one of my advisers to randomly retire over the summer. I don't know if it ever happened, but when you've had a chunk of your paycheck put into that account for the last 30 years, better safe than sorry I guess.

There are now "NO HANDGUNS ALLOWED" signs on all of my school buildings and many stores because carrying a concealed weapon is now completely legal in WI.
    Edit: To add to this point, the University is REQUIRED to allow guns and other weapons on campus because of this law--they can only ban them inside of buildings.

The last bit I caught recently was he made it completely legal for employers to pay women significantly less than men, as men take obviously take their jobs more seriously and deserve better pay because some women take time off for childbirth.

13. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

I heard about the collective bargaining part. Didn't know that would cause the loss of all your professor's healthcare benefits. That is terrible. I hope things improve in your state with this election.

Oh I'm sure I would.

14. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    New_York

@Abbeh, out of curiosity, where do you go to school? I'm at UW-Madison.

If people have any specific questions I can help answer, as I was serving as the New Media Chair for the College Democrats of Madison all of last year, from Scott Walker's inauguration through the February/March collective bargaining protests and this recent recall campaign, meaning I have a lot of experience and friends in interesting places with regards to the whole ridiculousness.

But a bit of fun infographics may also help paint the picture:

Spoiler

Otherwise, like mentioned above Walker's administration and the Republican-controlled state congress have notably pursued an agenda of bold social conservatism rather than their promise of job creation and economic turnover. It's just a pile of pomegranate that will hopefully all change this year.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

I can't wait till I can move out of WI and never return.

The politicians are pineappleed up.

16. Default Re: Recall elections are coming up in Wisconsin...

I, for one, congratulate Governor Walker on the tremendous steps forward he has led Wisconsin through.

17. Helium Atom Straight Female
    Wisconsin

@FrozNlite; I'm at UW-River Falls.

OH GOSH. I TOTALLY FORGOT.

I have held a "Student Assistance" job on campus for the last two years, in which I am allowed to work 20hrs/week while school is in session, and 40hrs/week while it is not. (Spring break, winter break, summer semester if I'm not enrolled in classes) ... This is how I pay my rent over the summer.

Due to severe budget cuts, the University can't afford to allow me to work at all over the summer this year. In 2 weeks, I am out of a job until August. Isn't that swell?!

18. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    New_York

UW-River Falls! Cool stuff.

I hear you. One of my majors was cut among many others offered at UW-Madison due to the same budget cuts. Thankfully I declared the semester before all this pomegranate went down, so I'm grandfathered in as one of the last MM&I classes from the school.