1. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Cash7 Stick with my old account?

So I want to keep playing maple but for the last two/three weeks now since I got hacked I havn't been sure if I should send Nexon my ID for them to change my account Email and to try my best to re secure my account or would it be better to
    open a new account.

in your opinion does an account that was compromised before have a greater chance of having it happen again provided that someone out there knows your username and nothing more.

the pros of each account I've been able to think of would be as follows.

Old Account : many 150's for character card
    a 190 for blessing
    120 KoC for blessing
    Soul Driver on my Dark
    $300 of perma nx clothing spread across the account with many perma pets.
    All Current Link Skills
    Great IGNs

New Account : Email on my brother's company server and no username
    fresh start in a new world.
    my other brother who just reached his goal in equips has enough to fund me quite well.
    no constant reminder that all my characters are equipless every time I log on.
    more secure?

I'm very indecisive and I'm afraid of my account getting breached again my something I could have prevented.

2. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

Well, First thing I'd do is have them disable the ID on the account. That way they can't re-hack you.
    Secondly, Change the e-mail to that of the one you were planning to use for a new account.
    Third, Change your password if you haven't already.

Really, With those 3, you shouldn't get hacked again. I wouldn't throw away those months/years of work even if they are equipless, its the time and effort (and money for perma nx) that you put into them that will have the memories. If you want to have a fresh start then just make some new chars on a new server.

3. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Stick with my old account?

Considering some of the things I've seen lately, I don't know. How did you get hacked? There have been some really strange things going on lately that would indicate it really wouldn't make a difference... but, if perhaps there were some sort of database leak, providing it's not an ongoing thing, a new account wouldn't be on that list, I guess, if you want to try it.

My instinct says to just stick with your old account though, because I feel it's pretty hit or miss whether they find you or not.

4. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

Comments Bolded/Red!

5. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

Submit a ticket to Nexon, It usually only takes them about a week to disable your ID, then you simply use your e-mail to login.

EDIT: Be sure to virus scan as well to remove that keylogger.
    Last edited by Untradeable; 2012-04-30 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Virus Scan!

6. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Jeez, can they really get keyloggers onto your computer without needing you to download or click anything, just load an ad on a random site? That could explain a lot... my computer scanned completely clean with multiple scanners after I'd been hacked, though. :\

7. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

I'm using a brand new laptop since I got hacked and formatted the old one to be a facebook/fm store slave and thanks for the ID tip ^_^.

Aye and I'm still trying to find a way to prevent that because I'm pretty damn sure (70%) that if I scan my pc daily it will shorten the life of my HDD.

8. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

If your worried about longevity of your HDD, be sure to disable daily scans for your virus scanner, and disable indexing service on your HDD (Right click on the drive and uncheck "Allow Indexing Service" I've burned out quite a few HDDs from overuse. Its a bad habit of mine.

9. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

what does indexing do exactly?

10. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

It routenely scans your HDD to allow you to search for files faster. But it can reduce your HDD's lifespan because it uses energy and resources to do those scans, much like a virus scanner.

11. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

so wouldn't that disable the search from the start button? like start then just typing in the process name / file name to find the file? if it does disable that, how much does it improve performance or longevity by?

12. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

No, It doesn't disable it, It only means it'll be a little slower when searching. It honestly doesn't need to be on, it just wastes resources.

Im not sure of the exact figures, But it's better to err on the side of caution and do whatever will keep your HDD the longest. HDDs are pretty easy to burn out honestly.

13. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

i'm assuming in windows 7 it's phrased. " allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties. "

14. Default Re: Stick with my old account?

Yeah, sounds about right.

15. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

suriname

alright! thanks for all the help!