1. Default Magic arrow potential

So, I spent (way too much) NX yesterday cubing a 120 magic arrow up to legendary for my Mercedes, and I ended up with two +30% boss damage along with a crappy "5% chance to ignore 20% damage when attacked". Obviously I'll ultimately have to recube to get rid of that last one, but what do some of you think a good result would be? And a more noobish question: Is level 120 considered part of the 3rd or 4th "level" for potential? Would it be possible to get higher than +30% boss damage (in one line) on this thing? Thanks!

2. Default Re: Magic arrow potential

No such thing as 4th potential. 60% boss is fine.

3. Default Re: Magic arrow potential

Oh, there isn't? I thought it was like...10-30, 30-70, 70-120, and 120+? Obviously not exactly like that since I dunno at which point it bumps up, but I thought they matched the job level ranges pretty much. :x Sorry about that!

4. Default Re: Magic arrow potential

Oh I see, thanks. :D Now I won't feel nagged that 120 isn't "top tier" for potential, lol.

So you only need to aim for 70+ to get the most out of potential? And to get back on topic...am I just blind, or would you happen to know where I could look to see a list of potential bonuses for magic arrows?

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Magic arrow potential

Level 71 equips and above, level 70 equips are still second tier. (Note that certain bonuses such as Decent Skills only take effect after a certain level; Decent Bless being 120, etc.)

Potential->Weapons

6. Default Re: Magic arrow potential

That's what I originally looked at, but that illustrates the problem I have...magic arrows don't quite follow that chart. Mine's got a 5% chance to ignore 20% damage when hit, which is something that's normally only on armor. :/ So it kinda has me in the dark about what bonuses are possible, and more importantly, what possible values they might have. Or are bonuses the same across all slots that can get them, only being influenced by level?

Sorry if I'm starting to sound nitpicky, but I tend to get min/maxy sometimes. :(

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Oh? It could be possible that the weapon pool was expanded rather than arrows drawing from the armor pool. Have you gotten any stats that aren't on the chart when you were cubing any other weapons?

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

correct, and in your arrows, the best you can get is 40/35% boss primary, 30% secondary, i wouldn't risk it for a 5/10% more boss.

9. Default Re: Magic arrow potential

Actually, I haven't cubed anything else yet. :x I just started fresh on this character after a long break, and this is the only item I've got that I figure won't be getting replaced any time soon (no magic arrows higher than 120, right? Not like it matters...lol)

I was thinking that, but...I don't like that damage ignore thing. I was hoping for an eventual three lines that consist of boss damage and total damage. :x