Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I stopped taking this game "seriously" since the introduction of potential.

Before that I wanted to be the very best like no one ever was, and was fun to be competitive. After it I just said, lol, not wasting 70 bucks on a single piece of equipment.

Ever since that I only come back to MS to try out new content, places, events, pqs, have some fun pimping characters with NX (it's enjoyable for me to play good looking characters).

I regret nothing playing it now, when I do it. If anything, I regret playing it so much about 3 years ago, when I would stay overnight grinding and stuff.

2. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I've probably spent enough on this game to buy a used car, but i dont regret anything.
    It was, and still is, an enjoyable way to pass time.

3. Neutron Straight Male

IGN: SheLikesIt
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Fatal <3
    Alliance: A bunch of homos

Default Re: Do you regret it?

I do and I don't. I am so thankful for the few(3-4) friends that I've met who I really do trust and enjoy spending time with. I also wouldn't give up the lessons I've learned either, but there are a lot of downsides to maple. Recently in a maple related facebook, some malicious users somehow got access to my profile and leaked my personal information to everyone in the group. Maple is so bad at account security that I've had to make up fake last names and birthdays for all my important accounts, etc. What other game do you have to do that for? The other thing about maple is the ridiculous amount of USD you have to spend to try and keep up with dupers/hackers if you're competitive and when it gets to the point that I've probably spent close to 8k, I regret that terribly. With my daughter here in 9 days or less, I just find myself thinking what I could do with that money :(

4. Default Re: Do you regret it?

No I kinda don't. I sort of regret spending a lot of money on this game but you live you learn I guess.
    I don't really play anymore but I might come back to casually play again when Phantom comes out.
    I don't really see myself playing for too long. I really feel like I don't have business playing this game anymore..
    I've met some gems here that I'm so glad to have met. I never would of thought in my life that I would be playing let alone learning from a game like this (especially because I don't even look like I play these type of games). I'm not longing for the old days because those belong in my memories heh! It's not hard to find cool people these days I don't know what people are talking about but I don't think this game really appeals to me anymore. All the people I've met on here and Maple I really do wish them the best in what they do. It really is sad to find out that the game is dying little by little but I'm glad to have experienced it in some way :)

5. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I've met awesome people (which are rare because of community,) I had fun playing it ever since I was in 9th Grade. Just the company itself is really horrible at making decisions.

6. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I regret spending $250 on the game. However, I also regret buying a lot of games at launch for $60 only to not play them till they drop to $30~$50. I still have Dragon Age 1 for PS3 sealed new that I purchased at launch.

However, as everyone else said, the friends and memories are't regrettable... it just was a bit impersonal. "Lol" and laughing together in real life just isn't the same.

7. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I will regret spending my money, but the friends I will never regret. I have amazing memories from staying up late at night with my old guild in Pre Big Bang, just messing around. Just look at my signature.

8. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

In terms of money i regret only ever spending on cubes and gacha.

In terms of life... i actually am GLAD i played MS. You'd think MS would be the cause of me being socially inept... but its actually done the opposite. at age 17 i suffered pretty bad from the inability to talk to almost anyone on a sensible level and couldn't open up to anyone at all. I was a pretty bad case, to the point that people who tried to approach me gave up cause i was so unresponsive emotionally due to fear, or would eventually close myself off assuming they'd eventually get sick of me.

I learned how simply saying hi to someone can result in making a friend, i learned the importance of revealing things about me to bring people to care. I learned to show my interest in the well being of others so that they know I approve of their presence. I learned that not everyone is 'the same' and wants to trash others all day, I learned that some pretty happy looking people are hurting pretty hard on the inside. Some of the most well balanced seeming people in this world are still pretty weird in ways, and that no one is really better than another. That not everyone who 'insults' you does it out of hate and may be a faithful friend waiting to happen.

I learned that i should be picking people, not sitting around hoping I get picked or living with what i get.

All things i never thought about nor knew for most my childhood I also learned other things, by playing female characters (something i didn't do until 2 years into MS) I learned to stand strong in my choices/beliefs and interests even in the face of those who dislike them, and learned that some people eventually do come to at least respect that if you don't resent them or run away.

I can't even begin to explain how warped my perception of people was back then... but in other words, by realizing the people in MS are just like the people in RL, i learned to get over my fear of people and took that with me into real life. Now people look at me funny when i said I didn't even have not one friend in high school.

I grew up more in 4 years of Maple than i did in 17 of life. True story.

9. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I don’t have much to regret. I stopped playing seriously way back in 2006/7 I hardly play much at all anymore, only to see the new things each patch. I haven’t spent much money either. I never took part in the potential system or anything like that. So over the years it would come to less than say subscribing to Xbox Live over that time. I’ve played GMS SEA and KMS oh and a tiny bit of JMS, so I have met a lot of different people from all over the world, which was pretty cool. When all those hacking and duping stories come out I don’t really feel anything at all, stopped caring a while ago. So if it was shut down sometime soon I would be fine with it. I’ll just enjoy what I can out of it for as long as it’s still around and I feel like it. Though it has been many years since I bought some NX and would never do so again so I’m sure I would be no loss to Nexon.

10. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Regret? Hell no.

I'll gladly take a stroll down memory lane, but will stop at frozen past. Road of regrets is painful. And the further you go, the more you will head deep into oblivion..... and well we all know what lies beyond that. The thought of getting sed by the sed bird, getting genned by Ariel, survived a miss touch from the DR bird, but only to end up getting stabbed to death by the waiting soloman statue wearing the trollface mask, is something that I do not wish to contemplate.

Nah but seriously... why would you ever regret over once getting involved and survived in a fail so titanic that you would talk about it with your fellow and former maplers in the decades to come?

11. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I regret spending money on it back then, which was a lot. But that's all I regret. My friends still make it fun for me.

12. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Same as a lot of other people, I regret spending money but I've met a lot of people in this game that I'm lucky enough to call some of my closest friends.

13. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I regret it. The game and company running it have been a constant disappointment and have really only brought me anger and anxiety (over things like hackings.) The only thing I don't regret is the things I've learned as a result of becoming so deeply involved in the game, like the truth of freemium games.

14. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I've made good friends through Maple, and I found the lady of my life by playing this game.. So can't really say I'd regret spending my time and money on this game.

15. Default Re: Do you regret it?

absolutely not, money, maybe lol

I've met amazinggggggggggggg people from this game who I still keep in touch with! I absolutely adore them all!

16. Default Re: Do you regret it?

My only regret is buying nx right before I quit for the last time in an attempt to keep myself playing.

Made some good friends that I play other games with and for the most part had fun playing maple while I did.

17. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Pretty much sums it up.

18. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I regret allowing myself to screw up my life to a point if near impossibility to recover.

I do not regret the friendships I've come across and the amount this has helped my Japanese speaking ability, however.