Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Nah, I don't regret playing this game. I met alot of good folks here, and am continuing to meet more. Before I played this, I played Ragnarok Online, and in a way that "ended" for me but the end result was that I met plenty of cool people whom I still know to this day. Maple Story is no different. However in both cases, I wish the companies managing the games weren't so incompetent...

2. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Do you regret it?

No, if it wasn't for MapleStory, my life would be much more boring and I would have no knowledge of the innards of a computer whatsoever.

3. Default Re: Do you regret it?

If I didn't enjoy my time playing, I wouldn't be playing still today.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i don't regret starting to play, but every new exploit i regret not quitting.

the people i've met is the only thing keeping me in (screw you guys QQ)

5. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Initially starting? Nope. Made some good friends through this.

Coming back after a two year break? Ehh...I kind of do. Especially when it became clear what direction Nexon was taking this game towards. I guess I'm only still here because of my guild and some personal achievements I would like to reach before I quit.

6. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Don't regret starting up on Maple. Had some good times when my IRL friends in high school still played. I even found some new friends and an amazing guild on MapleTip when I picked it back up, and things were dandy until various in-game factors drove most of them away.

I do however regret burning the sheer amount of time on Maple that I did over the years and the terrible time at which I did it. 8+ hours almost daily for years, tens of thousands of hours burned, only a portion of which I actually enjoyed, scorched a large portion of my real life as a direct result. I just cannot justify such a horrific waste of my life by any means.

7. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

I regret my obsession with cash-gambling systems in MMOs in general, but Maple has been the worst. (Gachapon, hair/face coupons, cubes...) I regret feeling the need to deck my characters out in the latest NX fashion all the time.

I absolutely do not regret playing, though. Some of the people I've met on Maple are just irreplaceable. <3

8. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Because of Maple I am reading manga and I decided to start Computer Engieering, so no. I don't and I never regret it.

9. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

I regret nothing.

MS is my first MMO, and probably my last.

I do play a lot of other MMO in the middle, but MS is the only one which I came back after quitting. It's a great game, not handled by a great company though.

10. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Nope. The game severely impacted my social and academic lives at the end of high school, yet I've rebounded in and to a place I never thought possible. And the money? Who cares? Do you regret spending money on Pokemon cards as a child? Or the other myriad of things you no longer use?

Everything passes in time, and thus it's the memories, relationships/friendships, and the lessons/experiences that are most valuable.

11. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Nope,
    I made real good friends and some of them more interesting than my IRL friends.
    I also met my ex on MS, we lasted 4 years. 1 Year Mapling the other 3 on a break.
    Hell yeah... good time.

12. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I don't regret playing it simply because not playing it would mean I would not have come to meet some of the most amazing people in my life.

No, I keep playing and I don't regret it.

13. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I regret the money I spent and the times where I prioritized Maple above more important things.

I've been losing a lot of interest in Maple as of late. There's simply too many exploits popping up. Besides, most of my friends have quit or rarely play anymore.

14. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I regret nothing.

Thanks to MS I learned English and I practiced it almost every day playing, I met a lot of people from my own country and from others, I learned how people think in other countries and their daily living. Learning English is very helpful to me right now, so in general playing maple wasn't really bad but a good thing, now no quitting it at this point is what i regret.

15. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Most people have already said what I was going to say;

I regret spending money on it. I do NOT regret playing it because it strengthened the friendships I already had, gave me so many new ones and I met my boyfriend through it.

It also helped improve my art skills because of the huge amounts of fanart I used to draw. >_>

I kept all of my old screenshots because those are memories I wouldn't want to forget.

16. Default Re: Do you regret it?

I actually do regret it. Then again I met some nice people on the game.

17. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Not at all. Met many wonderful friends through it, friends that still keep in contact with me when I'm not playing and stuff. I don't have anything better to play anyway.

18. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

As some one that spent over 3 grand last year on this game I can honestly say I would have regrets - but not for the money I spent or the time invested, my maple life has been long and I've been able to experience a lot of interesting things and meet fantastic people my regrets would be not being able to achieve personal goals that I've set out to complete in game.

19. Default Re: Do you regret it?

Nah not at all. Spending money when I was younger? yea. Now it's just a thing I like to keep track of. Like SC2 and LoL. I'm no good at the game; not even decent, but I still like playing every now and then. Instead of constantly trying to upgrade stuff with hard earned mesos, I'm trying to see how much stronger I can get from free event stuff :D
    That and make new characters for funsies. too impatient to seriously train on any of my characters,