1. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

They do have other games; perhaps they're putting work into those? (I don't play any other Nexon games so I don't know what state they're in compared to Maple.)

2. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Dragon Nest has horrible botting and gold selling issues, not sure about it's hackers.

DFO has bad hacking, botting, and gold selling issues as well.

Vindictus has gold selling issues (Didn't play it enough for the rest).

It's safe to say all of their games are in a horrible state.

Edit: Oh and we all know that Combat Arms is so hacked that it's not even funny (Note the response to them implementing their personal hack guard into MS that didn't work for CO since it's inception).

3. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

I've worked low level jobs at big game companies, and sometimes the work environment is not very productive at all because there's no real management direction.

So management could make a person answer Tickets for 8 hours a day, but only care about numbers and not responses. Which in turn favors generic responses that have nothing to do with the question, just so you can show that your "solved" rate is high. There's probably also a large amount of instances where the content of the ticket needs the action of someone other than the one answering the ticket, but of course the higher up person isn't available, and the environment probably discourages asking for assistance, and like I said before favors quick fixing it.

That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from the reviews anyway.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

You realize this is the case for EVERY MMO, right?

5. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Not nearly in the state Nexon NA games are.

KMS and JMS do not have duping and hacking at all as far as I can tell. If they do it's in a very limited form. JMS had a duping hack for half a day which Nexon JP quickly responded, fixed it, rolled back, and compensated the players, all in less than a few days. It took Nexon NA 4+ years to solve the original duping issues, and there's still huge aftereffects and loads of more hacks being developed every second to bypass the new fixes. The worst most games have is botting, and it's usually controlled. Nexon NA games have gold sellers advertising through the World Chat systems all day, every day and nothing is done to the people doing it. It's literally free reign to do whatever the hell you want in Nexon NA games. Punishment is minimal, if at all, and even if it happens the solution is as simple as making a new account and going back to it. It takes them so long to respond to any issues that you can easily transfer all gain to another account long before they catch you and do anything to you.

Sorry but Nexon NA is a joke among MMO hosts. Even the same company's other branches are far superior.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Hai, WoW has the same problem.

There's thousands upon thousands of botters in WoW and majority of them aren't banned for months.

7. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

To add on, I can bet you Kim is at a drawing board with the devs to see what they're gonna do about this exploit.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Seriously, man, it's the weekend. Nobody at Nexon even knows about this hack yet.

9. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Yeah, and in 5 more years, long after it's completely obliterated any sense of play-ability left in GMS, they'll finally release the fix for it.

The only difference is that WoW has hundreds of thousands of gold selling companies trying to sell gold for like a hundred servers (I haven't played WoW in so long I have no idea how many servers they have at this point). You have so many botters that it's impossible to manage that many.

In GMS, you have what...15 servers? Not only that, you have the same exact people sending the same messages for months on end, sitting in the FM spamming messages, adding people to spam lists, etc. Ten months from now, you could log in and get messages from the EXACT SAME BOTS. In WoW they do ban, but the problem is that there's just too many. They don't even need spend resources registering more accounts for Nexon NA games, because Nexon NA never bans them. I bet if I still had the stream video I made when I played DN 6 or so months ago, I would see the same bots (by name) selling that I would see now.

As I believe Eos has said in another thread, you'll never be able to get rid of botting, but you can maintain it, if you just put some effort into it. Nexon NA doesn't.

And honestly, botting isn't even that big of an issue. It's just a compound on the other issues that Nexon NA games have. Botting is one thing. Hacking, duping, spawning items, that's all stuff that can be prevented if the company put the man power into it. If they really make their employees work so much overtime, there's really no excuse for the current status of any of their games.

10. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

If this was true I don't think the Cube Event would have happened.. Considering the possibility of rollback..
    Closer to topic. I feel she may have been fired. along with a lot of nexon's "deadweight"

As for the item generation hack.. I think a lot of people are still debating whether it is real or not.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Ah, sorry, my mistake.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...%23post2775333

Seems that among the improvements at Nexon is a new person hired to keep watch over the forums on the weekend...

Of course s/he hasn't a clue and can only suggest logging a ticket on this new "duping" method, but hey, it's like the bot-GMs, gives the appearance someone is there.

12. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Learning how to code from the basics.

13. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

This made my morning. Yeah for any other game company logging a ticket would be a great way to get their attention.. But for nexon? ughh.

14. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Second review:

Confirmed they purposely do it.

What a pomegranatety company.. in every possible way.

15. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

wow these reviews are very eye opening.

16. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Runescape has no hacks or dupes.

There was a massive bot problem, one that Maple could only dream of having, and may have even exceeded WoW's botting porblems. Then Jagex was like "hey guys we finally got a fix for this," and launched a bot nuke that trampled all the bots right then and there.

Of course, a second bot nuke was planned shortly thereafter. With good reason, because many bots are reappearing as more and more of them find ways around the first bot nuke.

17. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Nothing surprising about those employee reviews. They sound very similar to previous working experiences I have had and I’m sure many others also.

The Koreans looking after Koreans thing isn’t so much of a surprise but the overall view of lack of communication does seem a bit surprising. I can understand at first but after all these years it’s really something they should have sorted out. No wonder it takes so long to get simple things fixed. No one knows what the other is trying to say.

I hardly see the staff admission of the focus changing from fun to money squeezing a revelation. If you haven’t been able to notice that for yourself then you're quite frankly blind.

Thanks for your work now get the pineapple out.

18. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

Bot nuke? I haven't played RS in ages, I remember when I used to be the only human being there mining and fishing. If things have changed since then, I want to know what exactly they did.

19. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Man, that one set of reviews was pretty crazy.

Then I checked some of the threads on the nexon forums, and noticed two things, a DFO GM is taking care of Maple's forums, and they had a pretty big Empress spawning recently in Scania that was funny to hear about.

What I found to be a bit ironic, but completely truthful, was the comment about Nexon "having a long way to go before they reach the level of EA or Activision".

20. Default Re: What do you think is happening behind the scenes?

What does a rollback have to do with nx? They don't lose the money from it and I'm pretty sure that they don't give a pinapple about our complaining seeing how they care about only money.
    At this point, the money's already in their pocket. If they really cared, why did the pull the "have a 3-day sale, then have increased rates of going up a rank 3 days later" bullpomegranate? Next they'll be ending sales a few hours after they start because once the people leave the register/order it, nexon has the money; they can't be bothered to give two pomegranates about how we spend the nx.

This is why I rarely buy nx.

EDIT: To add on to that:
    Last edited by Whut; 2012-04-29 at 05:28 PM.