IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Cash4 The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Thread for rumours, discuss and expectations about the Galaxy S3. And of course the backwash/rage after the release on 5.3.

I'll update this first post too as well as I can. For now, I'll add this here:

Is this what Galaxy S3 will look like?

Spoiler

Could well be the real thing considering there's so many pictures of it. I sure hope not. I really really hate "soap bar"-shaped phones. I have no idea why there's so many of them. But meh...I guess if it's a really good phone otherwise, I still .might consider buying it.

Specs in the manual are kinda off from what other sources say though. 8MP camera would be a major con, if it's true. There's way more sites saying it will have a 12MP camera.

I guess we'll have to wait out and see...

2. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Would really like a new phone, most likely S3. Because my current phone is... Motorola C480.

Hadriel

3. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

It's supposed to have a bigger screen? Like, in between the SII and the Note?

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

@Above
    With quick googling, something between 4.6 to 4.8 inches.

Newest photo turned out to be a fake.

Spoiler

But as for the one in the supposed service manual, that still could be it.

5. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

no matter how good android is, id still rather get an iphone 5. dont get me wrong, im not a fan boy but managing an iphone is WAY easier than android.
    And before android fanboys bash on me, im using an android phone and i have an ipod touch... apple just knows how to do things, its creepy.

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Leaving all the things I hate about Apple aside, there's still one question. What's Apple without Steve Jobs? I mean... looking at iPad3, only difference to iPad2 is the better display and 4G connection that I heard doesn't even work outside US/Canada.

Apple was in pretty big problems before when they fired Jobs from the company, no? Similarly, when Jorma Ollila quit as the head of Nokia, Nokia started to sink like a stone. And now pretty much everyone in Finland wants to fire Stephen Elop. It was completely stupid to hire an ex-Microsoft boss, which forced to company to turn down Android. I prefer Samsung now, but the reason I'm worried is cause Nokia has an insane effect on Finlands economy.

Samsung first passed Apple in smartphone sales, then they passed Nokia as the worlds biggest phone maker. The way I see it, Samsung is going up, Apple and Nokia down.

7. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

doesnt kill the fact that iDevices are simple to use compared to android :|

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

More evidence that the one in the service manual really is samsung galaxy s3.

Don't like the design...

9. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Generally speaking Samsung’s android phones are pretty bland when it comes to design. The S and SII were hardly awe inspiring.

10. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

just a question , what will the extra performance between a Galaxy II and a Galaxy III allow you to do?

at the moment I'm using an Xperia Play and it runs smoothly I'd see no reason to replace it (currently running ICS) considering the only difference between android to android is UI as far as buttons are concerned and how fast is does things. everything else is just software changes.

11. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

First picture looks almost IDENTICAL to my SGS.

Personally, I'm not getting it for the same reason I didnt get SII: I'm not a fan of such a big screen, and the 4 inches on my SGS is big enough for me, so I'll be passing on this as well. However, for whatever reason, Im intrigued by the padfone...

12. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

I have a go-phone that does nothing but call people. All of my apps and organizer stuff are on my ipod touch.

13. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Yet more pictures claiming to show SGSIII

http://news.yahoo.com/photos-again-s...160010015.html
    http://www.sammobile.com/2012/05/01/...e-galaxy-siii/
    Spoiler

Looks totally different from the design shown in my first post, but reminds me of an older picture:

Spoiler

It's the same phone, but if it's the final model or not, who knows. Besides, wouldn't be surprised if Samsung is spreading fake models around to keep the design unknown until release, while still feeding the hype.

14. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Both pictures shows the same phone that has been leaked by Gizmodo Brasil:
    http://www.gizmodo.com.br/conteudo/e...am/#more-66723

2 days left \o/

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

It's coming today!

/* */

And some more info:

It seems the SIII is coming in Blue and White, but imo it would be quite a risk not to come out with black version too. These colors also remind me of this:

Spoiler

Not sure about other countries, but this phone will probably sell well in Finland (props if you get this cheesy joke).

16. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

I will let Techradar tell me all the news, since I'm not going to waste >40 quid and so many hours at Earl's Court.

Hadriel

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

http://www.thenextgalaxy.com/

livestream, 19 more minutes

18. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

This is the SMARTEST thing to do.
    OH GOD I had so many horrible times trying to make a simple call or a simple text on a BlackBerry.
    JEEZUS.

19. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

And here it is:

So the design really leaked afterall.

Specs:

General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; 4G (regional))

Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone

Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133 g

Display: 4.8″ 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass

CPU: Quad-core 32nm ARM Cortex A9 1.4 GHz processor, Exynos 4212 Quad chipset

GPU: Mali-400MP

RAM: 1GB

Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot

Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and image stabilization; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls

Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go, NFC

Battery: 2100 mAh

More Features: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input, RGB light

Release date: May 29th for Europe
    Haven't found anything about other continents as of yet, but it seems EU is getting it first.

Random notes:

It seems Samsung blatantly stole Siri and this phone will be the official phone of London Olympics (no surprises here, as Samsung is one of the main sponsors)

20. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

What do you mean by "So it leaked afterall"?

You/they forgot to mention that it has a barometer.

Hadriel