2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

A Siri copy; weird knows-when-you're-looking-at-the-phone tech; direct call - which sounds like it could be kind of annoying. Looks nice but I'm glad I settled with the SII.

3. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

No I still don't get it. Why "leaked"?

Hadriel

4. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

That pentile display is going to take a lot of heat from some people. It’s an interesting choice from Samsung, luckily the average consumer probably doesn’t give a pomegranate.

The design doesn’t do anything for me at all. I can’t really put my finger on what I dislike about it in particular but something about it just doesn’t look right. I definitely prefer the design of the One X. I do like that they chose blue instead of black and removable battery and micro SD slot is always a plus.

The specs are what was expected, no interesting surprises there. The added software doesn’t do much for me either. Overall the phone seems closer to the Galaxy Nexus than the SII. But on the plus side the SII will slightly drop in price now.

Reading all the disappointed comments is funny though. This thing was hyped to Apple proportions so it’s to be expected.

5. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

because the unconfirmed design was all over the internet before release.. ?

6. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

But the official announcement and unveiling was yesterday, at Earl's Court, London, UK at 7pm (GMT +1)...

IMO all those leaks are but speculations of what the phone most likely will have, and only those that were released within half to one hour of 7pm last night and after are more or less accurate.

Hadriel

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

That manual picture was leaked more than a week before the launch though, and it turned out to be accurate. So no idea what you are trying to say.

As for the colors, I guess many will take the white one, because, with all respect to Samsung, that textured blue phone looks buttugly and I have no idea what they were smoking when they made that. Really the whole design is boring and far from my favorite. It's a great phone, but I don't think people will update their S2, Note, One X , 4S or w/e for it. It just doesn't have enough new and actually useful features. But as all I have is a Nokia from like 2008, S3 still looks like one of the best, if not the best smartphone to get.

If I DO end up buying it, then I wish I can turn off those pointless eyetracking/S voice/whatsoever features, because those will most likely just use up the battery, while there's little to no use for them.

8. Default Re: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

If those designs that were posted all over the internet are unconfirmed, then they're more "speculations" than "leaks". And while it's a bit hard to go disastrously wrong with speculations, I'll buy the point that the picture above does indeed look like a true physical design of the phone, and might therefore a leak on that part. But it's not a 1.5Ghz processor, making that part of the picture a speculation. So I will reserve my doubts whether the source really knew about/had the physical design of the phone, and won't qualify that entire picture as a speculation or a leak (it looks virtually identical though).

If this were an Apple product and they traced the leak back to the source, that source might be scorched by Apple pretty badly (or maybe if Jobs was still around). Can't remember where I read the article talking about Apple's secrecy policies (I do remember this in their policies: "You are not to disclose to others anything about our secrecy policies" <--- but this does feel like a very contradictory statement, so even I take it with enough salt to burst my blood vessels)

And I think those little features like eyeball tracking can be turned off.

Hadriel