Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: It's Miracle Time - Chances Of Going Up A Potential ...

The title of the thread should be:
    "it's Miracle Time!: A new way to scam people with cubes"

2. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: It's Miracle Time - Chances Of Going Up A Potential ...

Best 14 cube run ever.
    Helmet:
    Rare 2 line to Unique 15% str 6% HP 3 line.
    3 super 2 premium
    Cape:
    6% str to 9% str 3% mp still epic. 2 cubes
    Shoulders:
    3% str 3% HP to 9%str still epic
    1 super
    Shoes:
    Great disappointment. 2 super.
    Sword:
    Unique to legendary in 2 super cubes.
    2 more cubes and I got 65% boss.

3. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

They very well can be controlling the fail/success rates of such things to manage fluctuations of new players or hacking for all we know (we just don't).

Proof: Just look at the personality trait system. Obviously it can affect scrolling rates without them doing an SC for every 5 levels of Diligence that you gain, no? =P

What we know is only limited to what Nexon tells us and our own experiences. No one believes 50% shield m. atk scrolls are 50%...but rather 30% because of our experiences with dark scroll colors and success rates.

Point is: they have the power to change a lot of things on the fly and we wouldn't be able to know/tell a difference unless the change is really significant.

Whether all of this control is managed closely by a human statistician analyst or AI is another question that we can't answer with absolute certainty unless we get into Nexon.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Personality trait system, and other things that change success rate ("lucky day" scroll, maybe others?) are different.
    They are coded in and apply in a consistent way.
    Coding in a "get today's arbitrary success rate" is an entirely different mechanism and is just inherently unfair, in my mind.

5. Water

usa

The truth is that scroll success/failure rates are NOT coded in on the client side. It has been shown years ago that scroll success/failure is determined server side upon consumption (someone scrolled something, then server rolled back, and the scrolling outcome afterwards was different). Thus, what the server generates doesn't have to be a hard coded thing.

In fact, everything might very well follow the same model. The only difference is that certain items on the client side will have a string attached to it, "hinting" to you what it does and the success rate - that's the data that we see from extractions (correct me if I'm wrong please, Fiel).

The entire process can very well be something like this: some item object with an item token/id is generated from the server, you obtain said item by "picking it up" and sending a request back to the server. Upon use, you send the item id and get a result (which can be determined by item type (e.g. 60% vs 30% scroll) on the server side as determined from your item id) back from the server. That result of using the item (generated by the server as it is set up currently based on whatever conditions Nexon feels like) would be updated on the server side, and necessary feedback in the client to show that result would then be sent to you.

Again, what you perceive to be "coded in" and "consistent" can very well be nothing but a perception. Just remember that Nexon is a greedy business out to get your money.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That's true, of course, but the fact that it's written as 60% or whatever, hints that it's consistently coded (and I never said client side). Or at least started out that way, back in the innocent days of the original Wizet.

Items that don't even have an advertized success rate, and that Nexon shamelessly demonstrate that they can alter the success rate of at will, are conceptually different.
    They might have been peeing in our pool the whole time, but now they are peeing from the high-diving board.

7. Water

usa

Indeed, such is the way of Nexon...and that's why I try to stay on the other side of the pool while that happens.