Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

...and make them fight to the death.

This is the worst looking game I've seen in a long time. Even the bonus points for Parappa aren't helping this piece of pomegranate.

http://kotaku.com/5905627/sony-confi...th-stupid-name

2. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

DON'T MESS WITH SWEET TOOTH

3. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

that game just looks horrid. couldn't watch past two minutes lol... i mean yes it may be an indev version, but that's still no excuse for a blatant ripoff of smash. I do wonder what the fruit is up with the meters under the characters though.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Old news is old...:/

5. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

The content video was just released today, a few hours ago.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Talking about the whole "Sony Smash Bros" game thing. It's been known for months now, both the game and the name, because of a name patent or website or whatever for "All-Stars Battle Royale".

Read it on r/Gaming multiple times.

7. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Right, but the video is new, thus the link with the GTTV episode in it. Before this there was at least a chance that it wasn't going to be a direct ripoff of SSB, however small. As it stands, it's the exact same, down to the background announcer that was in the video counting down the seconds before the match was over.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Ah, I have not seen the videos yet, I shall have to check them out.

9. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Worst characters... wha?

It's just Super Smash Bros. for Playstation characters. I don't see what all the hate and fuss is about.

10. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Yeah, Kratos is the worst playstation character in history am i right?
    I hope you can tell that was sarcasm, I would shave my head bald and eat my shoes to get a PS3 + GOW3.

11. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

>Can only kill opponents with super attacks.
    >Supers come in 3 levels. With the highest being OP as hell.
    >In the mean time you're just bashing your opponents around to build up your supers.

HAHAHAHA. Sounds boring as f'uck. Can't even copy Smash Bros. correctly. E3 this year is gonna be hi-larious.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Nevermind SLY COOPER and FAT PRINCESS

13. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Sorry that last bit just sounded too much like Kruela Devil.

14. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

I guess I’m kind of indifferent towards it. Can’t help but look at it and think smash bros clone even if the battle mechanics are slightly different. I just don’t think most Sony characters have the same nostalgic value as Nintendo’s either. I don’t think the game has the same impact as well since Smash Bros did it first. I’ll be interested to see their final line up of characters though. As well as what reviewers make of it when it gets released.

15. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Heh, you kind of need memorable characters to make a game like this. Anyway, I hope Gex is in there, mofo is awesome. And as a means to pineapple with the entire fanbase, they should totally add any of the characters from Legend of Dragoon. Also serves as a reminder of how they left their awesome PS RPG library rot.

Anyway. I guess Spyro (before crack) might show up. Perhaps Crash (before heroine) as well as the dude from Medievil. Snake is a cameo whore so he might appear unless there appears an issue with him appearing on this game. Let's see, who else... Someone from Jet Moto? lol

16. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Those last two commenters nailed it. That's the problem with this. None of these characters are really all that interesting let alone memorable. Granted, Link isn't exactly interesting either but people built a 25 year relationship with that character. These are a bunch of 1 - 3 game characters that were at one point a part of mildly popular franchises AT BEST.

Dark Link scoffing and saying Fat Princess is NOT one of the worst characters in the history of playstation is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. She is a worthless character, part of a pomegranatety game that only gained popularity because it's gimmicky and cheap (literally).

Don't get me wrong, I am a massive Playstation fan. I HATE super smash brothers, too. This game is garbage. Sony doesn't have enough interesting characters to make this worthwhile, because they're largely dependant on third party studios. The ones that would work, like Spyro and Crash, have long since been sold and degraded beyond repair.

@Alex123123 you know Legend of Dragoon is coming to the PSN next month right?

17. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Because "Ultimate PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale: Arcade Edition 2012" was too long. So,

Fat Princess = Princess Peach
    Sweet Tooth = Captain Falcon
    Kratos = Marth / Roy / Ike

18. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Pretty much your first sentence. I wouldn't consider "fat princess" or Parappa memorable by any means ._.

L>Crash, Spyro, Gex....then maybe it might have some potential, but as of now it looks like a poorly crafter version of smash brothers.

19. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Wow, what the hell is wrong with you? The SSB series is the s'hit.

Can someone tell me how to tag/mention people? I want to bring Takebacker in here.

My friend posted 3 or 4 videos on my wall earlier about this game, I'll watch them after I get back from class and then post my opinion.

20. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Ohai.

SSB/SSBM/SSBB/SSBB+/SSBB-/SSBP:M are the best series of fighting games in existence. This s'hit can never compare.