Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

This. There are no playstation characters that people can feel any love for, and the relatively good ones are shooter whores or blood spillers. The only ones that could work are Spyro, Crash (Naughtydog's) and maybe Rayman (since PSone is where I got introduced to it). if the WiiU can get a hold of Rayman and Megaman for the next SSB, then all this game will be left with is garbage.

If they wanted a game like this for the PS3, they should have invested they work and money on a sequel to BattleStadium DON and included Bleach in it, making it BattleStadium BOND (damm even the name is cool) and of course, port it over.

@Kirov: This is the only Jump-Clash game I've played and I thought It was great

Spoiler

2. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

I've not been paying much attention lately to information on things in development since I can't afford anything atm, so I didn't know about this, and likely won't care, but...

They had two Wii and a 360 when I was there in a rec room for all the testers. Devs were in separate buildings, but I'd assume roughly the same. They seemed to understand that gamers were gamers, and weren't going to hold loyalty just because you worked for them. Hell, I played my DS inside our station during lunch every day. And if you have to ask why there weren't any PS3s in the rec room... Really?

3. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Ugh. I don't think the gameplay will be bad...but these characters are just so lifeless and lackluster.

4. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

You know I had forgotten all about that even though I did play it a little bit, i'll have to try it out again sometime. Jump Super/Ultimate Stars was very similar but much more themed around shonen Jump . The stages were like a page from a manga and you would use the bottom screen of the DS to arrange your koma like a mini game of tetris to get the combo of characters and powers you wanted in battle. Sadly like D.O.N they only came out in Japan. Actually writing this I’ve just come to realise how perfect this would be for the Wii U since the controller could substitute the second screen. Damn now I want it.

Superstars
    Ultimate Stars

5. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

I think its time to accept that, like 'Diablo Clones' and 'DOTA clones' SSB created a whole subsect of fighting games. Soul Calibur is just SFII with weapons after all.

I don't care about copying... what matter is can Sony do it better, or at least make it unique/great in its own way? I think not so far.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Jump! Ultimate Stars was amazing. I just wish the online didn't suck ass.

7. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

I hope Sony isn't having this issue.

8. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Soul Calibur? It would have fit far much better if you had said King of Fighters. Soul Calibur is to Tekken what DarkStalkers to SFII.

2 things to say. Kratos is a bloody badass and Nathan Drake is cool, but they'd fit better as exclusive characters in a Soul Calibur game for the PS3, not this.

The things that make SSB are its chaotic gameplay of all vs all and its iconic characters from video game history. Even if Sony is able to improve the gameplay, unless they get characters equivalent to Nintendo's, it will always be half as good.

That said, I hope Nintendo finally gets Megaman in the WiiU version (X to please all the fans disappointed by MvC3) and Isaac from Golden Sun (playable ). Ragnarok as Final Smash = awesome.

9. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

The fact that they're so different was actually the point: On the surface, they're one on one fighting games, with two giant health bars, and you COULD generalize it as one... but there's more than enough potential to take a existing concept and really make it your own. The same is possible with SSB's 4 player fighting concept.

10. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

If you're trying to say that Street fighter gave birth to the fighting genre and other franchises improvied it, I don't think that's quite true. I get your main point though, but I consider just as Street fighter is on top of the fighting genre up to this day, this game or any other copy wont be able to take that from SSB.

11. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

Ehrgeiz came out before Super Smash brothers. o.o

12. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

lammy as playable character? <3

they should be made parappa how it should be... and not the paper thing... well it was made that way just for nostalgia treat I think

13. Default Re: Let's take all of the worst characters in the history of Playstation...

The Playstation consoles don't have any memorable characters.

This pomegranate is sickening, but I'm glad they at least admitted to copying Smash Bros. and aren't trying to pass this off like it's something original.