1. Default how 2x drop rates work

Does it apply to the person that does the most damage or the person that kills it, AKA if someone had a 2x card and did less damage than another person that was in the party, but killed the monster would the 2x rate still apply?

2. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

Person who killed it last I knew

3. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

It used to be if a person who had 2x drops touched a mob, that mob would have 2x drop. My only experience with this was old school LMPQ.

4. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

For sure: The person who does majority

Might matter or not: Person must get last hit

Never really tested the 2nd requirement but the 1st requirement of "must get majority" is definitely required.

5. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

so if you don't get majority 2x drop won't matter right? Or what if for example if they leave map? Would that change anything?

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Leaving the map doesn't seem to matter, as I've left the map multiple times against a Pie Boss and I still got the drops, because I did 50% or more.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Nitpicking but not majority as far as I know anyways. Most. Majority would be >50% of HP, most would simply mean you dealt the most damage to it.

I'm fairly certain it's most damage, since only one CHTP dropped on the last run despite the last hitter using 2x.

8. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

>mfw my theory got destroyed & ignored.

Will probably test it out later whenever I feel like playing maple.

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

The 2x drop guy definitely hit the right arm (last body part)... although I don't know if 2x guarantees two CHTPs or if I'm just posting irrelevant information.

10. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

HT is more confusing due to multiple body parts for 1 HP bar. It's not a good idea to use that as a reference point.

11. Default Re: how 2x drop rates work

Sorry to cause misunderstanding. What I meant in the post was, if someone with 2x drop touches the mob first, before any one else gets to damage it then that mob will have 2x drop. My only indication of this happening was LMPQ in 2009ish. So It has been a long time but I think it's still worth checking out.