Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Your point is flawed because you carried the metaphor too far; The DMCA has specific clauses against creating tools to maliciously attack and abuse digital content. There is no comparable firearms law. Pointing out what their aren't laws against does not change what their are laws against.

That's the point; I'm not competing against them. I refuse to play, period. There's no fun in playing when being legitimate means being 'underpowered' and therefore 'unwanted'. There's no fun playing a game where you can't do anything without looking inferior, where you can't do anything without being overpowered, where you can't even hunt in peace without some cheater coming along and taking the map from you because they want it and are willing to break the rules to take it. I quit because the game had no content worth playing, and won't come back for the 'new' content because doing so means being surrounded by people I can't respect and don't like.

2. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

So basically you are refusing to play because they exist and there is a chance that they might come and interfere with you. As for the looking inferior who are you looking inferior to the people who are cheating or the people who are playing the way you are. I look inferior to plenty of people in this game yet it doesn't stop me from playing I could care less if they can solo cht in 10 minutes or do whatever I could care less because they don't concern me. You are competing with them. You basically came to the conclusion that "I can't do X effectively as Y can because Y uses Z which is cheating and I wont use Z". I guess what was fun for you in this game was doing Y better than most people and since hackers can do it better, you see no point in playing.

3. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Why should you reward nexon with the very statistic of participating in their population when they can't maintain the very basic security measures?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

@The Great One;, let's leave that discussion in that other thread.
    For this one, what is relevant is that Eos is an example of a player who would (and did) pay thousands for NX in order to become the first/best/strongest/etc. Whether you agree with his motivation is irrelevant. He exists. So do many others. And when it becomes apparent to them that no amount of NX will make them as strong as a cheater, they lose the motivation to play. And to buy NX.
    This is the lost profit Nexon is trying to claim from the people who create and sell hacks.

5. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

No, basically I'm refusing to play because I've been level 200 for nearly 3 years now and don't give a damn about the game.

I play an MMO to play with other people. If I wanted to play alone /* And if you're not as strong as the cheaters, you are alone unless you have something truly awesome you can bring to a party or the time and patience to try to find the 2% of the population that are intelligent, mature and friendly. It's all about what you can do for other players, not about who you are or how nice you are, or anything else, just greed greed greed. */ , I'd play one of my single player games. What was fun for me is doing all the stuff that no longer exists.

I don't like the people Maple currently attracts and caters to. It's too much time and effort to find the people who are decent human beings just to play a game that has nothing worth re-doing. The game isn't fun, both due to lack of content, lack of play diversity, and lack of people worth knowing. Therefore I don't play.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

As Eos said, you kind of took a metaphor too far and got away from the point. Keep in mind that AK-47s and similar rifles are not available for public ownership in many states for the very reason I stated and the same reason why The Anarchist Cookbook is no longer being published. The average gun shop owner isn't responsible for for someone using a rifle purchased at his store to kill, but anyone selling weapons on the black market to gang members with full knowledge is at least an accessory to murder. There is no doubt, based on my knowledge of copyright law, that the developers of these hacks committed illegal acts in an attempt to profit.

This entire topic has no connection to McDonald's vs Burger King which is a fair (level playing field) competition. This is about people stealing McDonald's recipes then opening a shop next door and selling the same products for less while simultaneously throwing Molotov cocktails at McDonald's so no one will go inside.

Since we're rapidly getting off topic and while I'm sure my colorful extended metaphors are interesting to everyone, they probably aren't contributing to the topic anymore. Suffice it to say that I think Oppenheimer would disagree with you and that inventors should have some level of accountability for the application of their technology when used as intended.

7. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Let's first define what these factors affecting the game right now are. First the overflooded market: full with items that during normal times would be hard to get. This can be considered good in a way, however because of it, "normal" or regular items like drops and scrolls have become worthless, making it hard to get ingame money unless you're a game expert and know how to get around or invest NX. The cause for this? Dupping. Now I am not an expert on the matter but by the little I know there's always been a hack tool involved in most of the massive dupping that happens ingame (except for Nexon's big screwups).

Second is the state of the ingame currency, which is practically worthless at the moment. Opposite to dupping, more mesos in the market can make things more expensive, but then again, only certain items are worth anything anymore so its only the dupper, the one with NX or the hardcore merchant (gotta work his ass off) that can get mesos. Mesos come from different sources, yes, however Botting is the biggest one which once again requires of a hacktool to be used.

The other factor would be the constant increasement of NX. However if the ingame economy were t be in a much better state, it would be much easier aswell to get around this. For example KMS: I believe you can get a full NX outfit permanent for something like 100m.

It might be partially Nexon's fault for not taking care of this game in the proper way, however that in no way excuses these hackers to take what isn't theirs and tear you to shreds, because in the end, they don't give a pineapple about the game or anyone in it, they are just here to make a buck, and when you're do stuff like that that affect thousands of other people, that's sick.

8. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

9. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

moar info plz @@

10. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Spoiler

11. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

This has nothing to do with Ryan.

12. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I don't even think southperry has documents relating to Nexon v kumar.

Still, this result might apply to ryan and the other cases we have information on.

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=55553

14. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

I threw it in here since this is obviously the most well known case going on.

15. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

We don't, because it was already settled and was the reason we started collecting the others.

Funny that they said pretty much the same thing I did.

And yet still spam because it's not related to this case, has it's own topic already, and has already been beaten to death there.

16. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Seems nexon has gotten quite the reputation from the local court system hahaha

17. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

I agree 100%. This game caters to the "It's all about me" generation and finding people who genuinely like to help others for the sake of helping or who are mature is very difficult. Combine that with a pomegranatety company like Nexon and lackluster content, that's pretty much why I left. I need a new MMO to play.

18. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

If you ever find it let me know, cause I have an entire guild who've been looking.
    Had high hopes for FFIV until they scrapped it and started redesigning it, live. Even with it being "done" now I just don't have the interest to or trust to go look again.

19. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

I'm still searching. I've tried so many, but to no avail. If you guys manage to find one that's interesting, give me a shout. DQX, hurry up and come stateside.

20. Default Re: Nexon America Inc. v. Ryan Michael Cornwall

Added #28, the summons for "THE PHONE GUY" who they apparently are having trouble actually finding.

Fun look at what the Process Server has to go through to try to find defendants.