1. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

IGN: Promothian
    Server: Siel
    Job: Spiritmaster
    Guild: Siel_Seals
    Alliance: Aion
    suriname

Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

Thanks for the clarification, didn't know all those other factors were involved. sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

2. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

Curious about this. Did Nexon (Japan) intentionally make her more difficult at some point, or fix something that previously made her too easy (in their opinion)?

3. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

At this point why does it matter if it's legitimate or not? Anyone who kills empress will have some form of dupe equip anyway.

4. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

No one knows if it was intentional or not. When the first Advance of the Union patch hit JMS a few months ago, suddenly, Empress started healing ~65 times before death. Now, no one goes because it's futile.

5. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

I'll just say: this is ridiculous.

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Because there are a few of us who would like the satisfaction of being able to say we did it. Legitly.

We could care less about the drops, but more so about the work it took to get us to that point of beating it when everything else was against the odds of us doing so.

7. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

Superficial reasoning doesn't justify that it doesn't matter if it's killed legitmately or not. In some shape or form you have associated yourself with hackers for benefits, it's just impossible to avoid without taking extreme precaution and avoiding the entire games economy entirely.

I can understand self gratification, but trying to justify legit kill vs illegitimate kill at this current state of the game is just pointless and only encourages elitism

8. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

'Tis not killable legitimately. Can we all just wait for the Dual Blade updates to kill her legitimately? To bring more than 6-7 people per run isn't even profitable anyways. To bring a full expedition of DPS to get like 4-6 weapons a run is redundant.

@^ I agree most of us have come in between illegit items or not whether we want to acknowledge it or not. A lot of people, which I'm happy for, are converting to legitimate gameplay and avoiding buying duped gears or from hackers. It may not matter to all of you who still buy all your stuff with cash rather than earn it in game through effort, but to the rest of us that still do, it matters. Among ourselves we'll all feel like we achieved something as we each take down Empress for the first time without any hack, glitch, or exploit.

Kudos to all of you in Nido replacing your duped gear with self scrolled legitly earned empress gear!~

9. Donator Straight Female
    canada

I could care less about it for the bragging rights to others, if anything it'd be self gratification or within the group that beat it. I honestly probably wouldn't want the world to know if it was beaten legitly, because then everyone and their mother would be trying to do so. I really don't give a pineapple about elitism. You do realize I'm a bishop, right? Not too much to brag about there.

I am not one of those hardcore, farm-everything-yourself, type of person who is OCD about being legit. This game isn't a black and white of right or wrong, it's more so a sliding grey scale.

10. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

>empress before DB revamp
    >legitimate

haha ya'll are funny

not even we could gather up that kind of theoretical firepower AND kill her lol.
    how about f'uck duped gear and just wait? oh nvm hackers they don't like waiting

whatever happened to actively trying to get hackers to STAY OUT of runs, and getting your gear by just being yourself with an expedition?
    and how are we hardcore for wanting stuff that we got ourselves? pineappleing maple generation today wants everything done faster and cheaper, that's why.

WHAT HAPPENED TO PLAYING THE GAME LOL

edit: all I care about is going in with my friends and getting stuff WE WORKED for, it's merely self-entitlement but I've got something to play for.

11. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

...But by quoting me and posting that you do care, which is what I don't understand. If you kill it legitimately, hoo f`ucking raw. It doesn't matter because the entire game is dominated by hackers, their accomplishment's(lolasif) shouldn't affect your own personal accomplishments.

That's why I say it doesn't matter because quite frankly, it should be no surprise that most if not all kills will be illegit anyway. I mean I would reckon to say less than 5% of empress kills will be legitimate until they release a new tier of cubes.

Having any type of pride or sense of accomplishment of this game is just such a waste of emotional investment, not because it's a game, but because no matter what you do, you'll always be inferior to the guy who took the shortcut with no consequences. It's depressing really.

12. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

public dupes happened, duped perfected gear got cheaper happened. people who started to buy equips for rl money (more so than before) happened, and now the game it is today became like it is.

not like it matters, she's already been killed, and it's only plausible by using mob disarm/no FB while just spamming a party+ of attacks on her while skipping the minions.

it's ok though because you really do need a party to hope to do this, and nowadays everyone does everything solo because that's how Nexon has forced us to play. not even hackers like to do things with other people.

13. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

Sounds like elitism to me.

@west that last bit you said not everything is a competitive it's an accomplishment none the less and you can be proud of it. It being an accomplishment doesn't have a prerequisite of doing it better then the guy who cheated to do the same thing.

14. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

I took a 6-month break before ascension, it was like a culture shock with all that duping

I also need to quit wearing nostalgia goggles.

all I can really do is just ignore everything around me except what I actually give two pomegranates about now.
    I guess I do care about this whole hacking Empress thing, because I do want to help people get gear with help from friends, as strange as it sounds

15. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

I wouldn't say it's about competition, rather the significance of your accomplishment being questioned. What's the point of feeling accomplished over something easily achieved?

16. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

I think the problem with this is that Maplestory never really had a "Boss AI system" like other MMO's (WoW For example) until this. Even this, Its more of an algorythm that checks if empress has x amount of HP and if below that then use skill that heals; Why such an abitrary number as 65 is beyond me though, I had the understanding that bosses had a set amount of "MP" and once it was gone they couldnt really use skills anymore ( I could be wrong).

In regards to the legitimacy argument, I can guarentee within 99% of certianty, You have touched hacked/botted mesos/items. It is nigh-impossible to avoid unless you literally do not buy ANYTHING, you use only things from drops. Legitimacy is more of an opinionated thing. Some people consider the use of duped scrolls to be fair because it is common practice now, almost unavoidable. Some consider the use of enhancement hacked items to be fair because its unavoiable (as far as their concerned anyways). Its all about what you consider to be "legit"

17. Neutron
    (Banned from this thread)
    Straight Male

IGN: SheLikesIt
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Fatal <3
    Alliance: A bunch of homos

@KhainiWest, I find it funny that you mention elitism when automatically discrediting everyone's achievements even if they did kill it legit with a large group because "they all must use duped gear anyways". Seems a little like elitism to me, but what do I know? ;) So much sour grapes when you don't know anything about some of the parties attempting. Plus who are you to say that maple accomplishments are an emotional waste? That's a terribly biased opinion because some people still enjoy accomplishing things in this game. Just because you've quit, why do you feel the need to poop all over everyone else's party? Stop being such a crybaby

18. Donator Straight Female
    canada

Easy enough to say we can agree to disagree on the subject matter.
    As for the bolded statement, I don't see how you can just make a generalization for everyone like that.

To work on something that you've yet to do successfully, and continue working on it...in the end will only depress you? Okay, that makes sense.
    What is there to do within the game? I hate training, so I don't play new characters. Bossing it is, then... But for an example, if I recently duo'd something for the first time (and mind you, it's not some big accomplishment, plenty have done so before me) and am happy about it, you're telling me it's just a waste of emotional investment, and that it's depressing? Hardly. I'm sorry, I just don't feel that way about the things I do in game.

19. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

That's what I was really trying to say. I'm not discrediting you for your own accomplishment, I made some myself. But this to me seems silly to even contemplate legitimacy or not as it's become "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF", type of game. Yes I did generalize but isn't it worse I can do it in confidence because of the state of the game?

You have to put a ; after my name for the function to work. It doesn't specifically matter to me, I find it silly people are trying to determine legitimacy when the bottom line is, as you've stated in the past, it's neigh impossible to hold that title. As Icephoenix as said, it's more of a grayscale, but I digress, I think in this case it's black and white. Not because I feel like any other player is better than the other, just simply because it's a silly debate to begin with considering the common circumstances.

I honestly believe that it is an emotional waste to determine the value of other peoples accomplishments based on something so petty considering it's become the social norm. I left the game because said accomplishments are underminded and lose their prestige, work no longer being a valuable factor.

20. Default Re: Empress killable legitimately

Because it isn't easily achieved unless you break the rules and cheat. But of course in this game there are like 5 different definitions of cheating so take that as you will