Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cash5 Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

my girlfriend is going to spend the entire summer with me here in Holland.

Why is this such a big deal? Well we've been dating for over two years but... she lives in the USA.
    About 3500 miles away from me. I haven't seen her since christmas (And that was the first time
    ive ever met her in person).

My girlfriend is at a restaurant right now talking to her parents if she's allowed to stay with me.
    The problem is that she doesn't have much money but... I do. I can easely pay for the trip. And she
    will eventually pay it back but.. her parents don't really believe that. And find it unfair to me even
    though I clearly told them I have enough money so she cant take as long as she want. There's no
    pressure.

After sending two e-mails to her mom wich were both 5-6 pages long. I convinced them to talk with
    her about it and to have some faith in her getting a job and letting her go. She's not really a person
    that goes out a lot or socializes a lot. (Wich is a lot like me). So this is a huge oppertunity for her.
    When I went to America for two weeks alone it changed me in a few ways. In good ways. And I want
    her to have the same.

I'm obviously dying to see her and extremely scared her parents wont let her... I'm currently waiting on
    MSN for the awnser and it's literally KILLING me.... Can someone please help me with some distraction?

I love this girl so much... and I dont know what i'll do if I cant see her again this summer.. It would kill me.
    I miss holding her and kissing her. Seeing her in person and doing things together like we did with Christmas.
    Please help me. I'm scared.. ;_;

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Have you ever met her before? (in real life)

3. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Nice reading.

4. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Well not to sound mean but yeah I mentioned that before. :x
    It was by far the best two weeks of my entire life. It was very unreal and I expected it to be amazing but it was actually perfect.
    I've never cried so much when I had to let go of her hand again when I had to go. Walking away from her and trying not to look back.
    God I get that same feeling again when I think back to that moment. Like a void in your stomach.
    We really had no clue when we would see eachother again.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

...this seriously always happens to me. I don't know why >_>. I just like, read that and didn't register it.

I guess I'll leave this thread now.

6. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Well OP. I'd just relax, if I was you. The worst that can happen is they'll say "no", and sure that sounds devastating and harsh but at least you still have her with you and she still loves you etc.

7. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Don't worry about it. Happens to the best of us.
    Either way, at least you show some interest. Thank you

That's true.. although I really miss being with her in person though. I can put up with it because she's truly worth it but still.
    I just want to hold her hand again. Just that was already incredible to me.

8. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Make a delicious Bowl of ice cream.

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Just wondering, but did her parents raise any other issues besides money? Or was that the only/major issue they brought up?

10. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

This is what I want to know. I told her to say that if they still say no she should ask this:
    ''If the trip was completely free of charge, would you still let me go?'' to see if it's just the money or that
    they dont trust me or her going here. I guess i'll find out soon :x

Best. Suggestion. Ever.
    No really. i got some icecream. It's distracting me.

11. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Aw, that's rough. :( I've had my fair share of long distance relationships, and even now living just a few miles away, I can still relate to this.

I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how old are both of you? :o that's a pretty important factor when it comes to stuff like this...
    Also, money could just be a cover-up excuse to hide the fact that they're just uncomfortable with her being away from home for an extended period of time, even though they've already met you. Parents can be over-protective and weird about stuff like that, especially when it comes to sending your 'little girl' off to stay with a boy. <_<;

With enough time and patience, though, everything can be figured out eventually. I hope everything works out for you two this summer. <3

12. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

I'm 19 years old born on the 5th of july so i'm 20 soon.
    She is 18 right now. And what you just said is something i've mentioned to her aswell. At first it sounded like an excuse because she always said
    it was unfair to me even though I explained her a lot of times I have plenty of money + I work for it myself and save up a LOT. In those
    e-mails i've sent her I already told her I cant blame her for thinking ''Okay well my little girl isnt going to him all the way up there''
    I mean what father/mom wouldn't be worried about such a thing?

13. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

If she's 18 she is not a little girl anymore and can visit you whether her parents want her to or not.

14. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

I was 22 and my parents still wouldn't let me go to a college I couldn't commute to. It took a lot of arguments to get them to realize they were being retarded.

15. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Just calm down. If you can't see her this time, there will be other times. If you both feel the same way then be patient, it'll all work out for the best.

16. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

And on the flipside, she's 18, her parents can legally disown her and throw her on the streets should she decide to disobey. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't risk free housing and all of the perks having decent parents bring to you over a girl/guy. >_> Especially if things somehow go sour between the two of them and oh look! She doesn't have a home to go back to. It's just asking for trouble if you try to push too hard for this.

Best thing you can do is try to convince her parents you're not out to steal her away from them for the rest of their lives and accept the answer whether it's the one you want or not.

17. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Why were there arguments. If you are 22 and you want to do something, they can not stop you.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

They can if they're paying for it.

19. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

SO NEGATIVE.

Cheer up bro.

20. Default Re: Help me.. I'm going to find out within 30 minutes if...

Honestly, he's right. You can plea your case but there's ultimately a line that, should you cross it, may cause more harm than good.

Not negative, just realistic.