IGN: Lunarly
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 2OO
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Pirates
    Alliance: Honour/Forsaken
    Texas

Default Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

It's up for this weekend only. Until the 15th when it launches. It really is as fun as it's hyped up to be. Go give it a try!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963...4_19_2012#blog

2. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Been playing it all day. It's a shame they cap you at level 13 and only let you go up to the first major boss. Only takes like 2 hours to get to that point, but it's an awesome opportunity to try out all of the classes. Pretty damn fun overall. I'll probably have this as my new main "MMO" in a sense.

3. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

At first I was 99% sure that I would buy the game, now I'm 100% sure.

As long as I dont get those pineappleing errors when they finally start the real servers.

4. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

The errors are from strain tests and overpopulated servers. Issues that won't exist when it goes live, obviously.

5. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Too bad my video card took a crap on me last week.... Keep getting a "can't install with your crappy specs and with your old ass vid card temp replacement ya fool (or something)" message...

*cries*

6. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

man i only wish i could play more, monk op.

7. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Have tested Wizard and Demon Hunter.

Gold is really quite rare...

Much more random like D2, much more interesting with environmental interactions (shame they don't hurt you) and EXP for killing streaks (although I wish that those would scale with level). Oh, with all the cooldown at the right places, it's really challenging but exciting and fun. My Wiz nearly died when I was ganged by a boss pack and a champion pack...

If I buy this... I am going to be so addicted to it... not sure if it's a good idea...

Hadriel

8. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Playing Witch Doctor I didn't find the game hard at all. I even accidentally skipped part of the campaign (and only noticed after I finished) and everything still went quite easily.

9. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Normal mode is intentionally easy to get you accustomed to the game and your character. Nightmare and Hell modes are said to be....well, just expect to die. A lot.

10. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

What Justin said, just like Diablo 2.

The only problem I have with the game is that so far it seems that there's little customization between characters. I get that there's those skill runes, but what I mean is that everyone who's X class will be exactly the same outside of equipment. It makes that stupid "Real Money for Equipment" system that much more troubling. Because there's no builds, now the only differences between two max levels of the same class will be their equipment.

Diablo 3 is going to be the first game I can think of that's both Buy the Game, and Pay to Win at the same time.

11. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

I think that with how many options you have for each skill there could be some variety for the same class. The rune system seems to be in place exactly so that early skills keep being useful in late game.
    I still don't know if I prefer the spiders or the darts for my Witch Doctor for example. Looking at the list of passives it seems like there's quite a few options.

12. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

And there's going to be a 4th difficulty level also, Infernal or something (don't recall at the moment) that is supposed to be silly hard. Like mobs 1-2 hitting you type hard. This + hardcore = crazy fun/stressfull, GOD I CAN'T WAIT!!

13. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

I can't wait for hardcore mode, too bad i can't play till after exams(or rather, i don't want to play till after them for an obvious reason.)

14. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

the openclosed beta will last till may 1.

been playing it a lot(since last blizzcon) got bored of it already.

going to make a monk, its fking OP.
    Last edited by CrazyNomad; 2012-04-22 at 07:06 PM.

15. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

Beta is staying open till May 1st. Open beta is closing on Monday 4/23.

16. Default Re: Diablo 3 Open beta weekend

ops yeah, i read the thread title and copied it lol. im not playing the beta right now so when diablo3 launchs, imnot bored of it :P