Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Help With Site Alternatives

Hi guys,

Despite our best efforts and our host, someone has compromised the files on the Maple-News website causing the infrastructure of our site to fall apart. I've been trying in what free time I have to fix it, but given the large amount of files on Maple-News.com it's very difficult to zero in on what files are problem files and what are not. Needless to say it is very disheartening and I'm at a loss.

So, I've been thinking long and hard and I think that in order for the site to function properly and gain back the readers we've probably lost through all this crap over the past few months that Maple-News should be moved to a different platform/host since clearly this isn't working out. I've exported the post files in an XML doc and can at least salvage all the content for the most part. Basically, I'd like to get some feedback from all of you wonderful SP members about what you all think would be a good option. I've thought about possibly moving back to our old WordPress.com website since it would be quite an easy move, but it costs a bit of money to get it all sorted out...which I don't have sadly (college student + rent = not much $ lying around haha).

So anyway, if any of you could offer your thoughts/suggestions I would really appreciate it.

2. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: Help With Site Alternatives

I've got a maple site that's been in the works for a while now, haven't really had time to touch it as of lately. I've got a domain and hosting purchased for close to another year, with options to renew. Perhaps a collaborative project could be formed if you're interested.

3. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Help With Site Alternatives

I temporarily (or permanently?) moved the site back to WordPress.com. Everything is running smoothly. Thoughts?

4. Default Re: Help With Site Alternatives

If you just need a clean environment to rebuild in you can get a relatively small (but scaleable) vps for $5 a month at vpsadmin.net

I use them for throwaway VPS instances for small projects.