Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

yeah, i just dont play veigar and getting the combo order down takes a couple games so it was really frustrating to constantly flub it and know it and miss kills i probly shouldve had.

hes a champ i feel like smartcasting is necessary on, and i dont want or have the keys assigned to smartcast because its more work next game when im not playing veigar.

2. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

Either have to smartcast with him or be very fast with choosing targets, agreed. I also had some good shields thrown up eating chunks of damage or letting me walk through stuns.

3. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

Be like me, I'm going to try to get used to having QWER set to smartcast and shift+Q/W/E/R set to regular cast.

4. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

there are several champs i would never smartcast on -- like ashe, ziggs, xerath, kog.... basically the type of champ i like best, back line dps'ers

so i get to wait for riot to implement champ-based key settings "pages"
    if they ever do

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

Or be like me, QWER for smart cast and ASDF for regular cast. (ZX for summoner spells, S was a total waste of a key because stop never worked right most of the time and A its the same thing as doing Shift+Click)

6. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

You could just SHIFT+___ for what you do want to smartcast.

7. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

Why stop there? Some champions have skills that work in ways that I abhor. For example, Tristana's Rocket Jump fires off regardless of where you are. This has led to many needless deaths on my part because the targeting specifics didn't behave like Cho'Gath's Rupture.

8. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

that kind of thing im sort of ok with because its part of the champion's quirks.. like karthus and cass q's being smartcast only, gotta be used to it. but i definitely understand why youd want that, and id kind of like to try it out too.

i think the logic there is that trist is mostly (read: always) played as a squishy, and often you have < 1/4th sec to get in/out... so autocast on click instead of walking to cast range can often mean the difference between life and death.

9. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

Hmm, that is a good point. It rarely succeeds for me, lol xD

10. Default Re: LoL Meetup on April 20

I used to play a lot of diablo 2, as such I'm accustomed to having my f1-f8 keys for hotkeys.

The way I set it up is my smart cast skills are f1-f4, smartcast summoner spell #2 (ignite/exhaust/heal) on f5, and item slot #1 smartcast (dfg, gunblade, shurelias) is f6.

The original keys q/w/e/r d/f all function normally still for when the need arises to not use smartcast.