IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Miss Representation

Finally got to see this amazing documentary tonight. Any other feminists out there will likely cry like I did at various moments of the trailer, and during the film if you get an opportunity to see it.

More information can be found at the film's site.

General springboard for discussion, taken from link above (though you'll glean MUCH more from watching the trailer, trust me):

Spoiler

2. Default Re: Miss Representation

I just want to know how it escalated to what it is today. If you go back you'll see plenty of women leaders, but now today, you just can't see the same thing. At least in the U.S.

3. Default

Spoiler

4. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Default Re: Miss Representation

Yeah the film was VERY U.S. focused, which makes sense for some of the criticized industries, but definitely not all. For that reason I'm curious what the culture is like abroad; clearly other nations have stronger representations of women in power, but I'm wondering about the day-to-day media portrayals, too. Are women also objectified, hypersexualized, etc.?

5. Default Re: Miss Representation

While more women should be in power if they have the ability and intelligence for it, it also has to be that you're not putting more women in power just for the sake of having women in power, too. That's where I don't like some of these types of messages.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Miss Representation

I think the "65% of women and girls have disordered eating behaviors" is a huge exaggeration.

7. Default Re: Miss Representation

It's just the article trying to make it look off by not listing the male statistic in this country as well. It's probably just as high if not higher. Almost everybody in MURRIKA has what is classified by the rest of the world as "an eating disorder". Which is to say, they can't afford food, so they get mad at us and call us fat (see I can do dramatization too!).